Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
MapleStory on Fox News WTF?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azulura

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:09 am

Lazy Brandon
Tensaibishonen
You can clearly see her name in video. xsmile something or other...

"Swords and trickery" TRICKERY? Where?

I don't see how someone could possibly spend "millions of dollars" on cash confused

Quote:
Dunno if this is it, but they features a user named xChaoticDitx on Bellocan

The millions of dollars is overall of the millions of players. xd

yet not everyone have NX or uses it.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:27 am

It's not the fault of Nexon at all. All of this is just an excuse for parents as to why their kids are stealing. BECAUSE YOU RAISED THEM WRONG, ADURRRRRRR. domokun

Heitaki
Crew

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am

Heitaki
It's not the fault of Nexon at all. All of this is just an excuse for parents as to why their kids are stealing. BECAUSE YOU RAISED THEM WRONG, ADURRRRRRR. domokun
3nodding
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:06 am

LOL I was acually gona get my mom's credit card as well haha but ended up not doing it =[ I regret that LOL

Ryosayku

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

yaepoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:15 am

Maybe they are blaming nexon because they are rich/popular ? O:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:24 am

thats bull crap,an eleven year old? come on fox talk2hand

Cher Coincidence

Fashionable Shopper

11,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lazy Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:34 am

Obviously, when they were making this news story, they never asked if there was an age limit. If they hear it was for young adults 13 and over then things most likely would have changed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:50 pm

God I hate the voice of news broadcasters.
But why make an article of something that's either the parent's or the kid's fault? And a game? They don't even explain what Maple Story does to your brain. That's something I'd be interested in.

Yotipo91

Raijair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:59 pm

Tensaibishonen
You can clearly see her name in video. xsmile something or other...

"Swords and trickery" TRICKERY? Where?

I don't see how someone could possibly spend "millions of dollars" on cash confused
I'd like to know where the trickery is too o.O;; . The " millions of Dollars" is probally all the money gms has raked in so far I think... the Smega spammers and the gachapon whores probally rake in a good bit of $$ . I remember someone smega'ing a joke about thaixmage spending like $1400 on megaphones that month in scania and thai replyed " I think...I lost count " or something like that. Might have been different it was a while ago <_<;;
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Typical fox. -_-
It's completely the parents' fault. If they don't like what their kids are doing, they need to freaking step up. And some of it is slack on their part as people in general. Don't tell your kid your paypal id. And if you don't, don't be stupid enough to leave it signed in.
Don't leave your credit cards lying around. Lock doors. Punish your kids when they do something bad.
Or better yet - don't let obsessive kids have their own damn computer.

I can't stand it when the media tries to blame music or games for kids' bad behavior. It's completely the parents' fault.

Mimisi Setsuai

Queen Lucia

Sparkly Leaf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:29 am

Like all news reports, they try to convience parents that the internet is so bad for your children, everyone else out there is perverted and wants your babies, games are too addictive, etc. The media itself is all based on the bad things in life, the negative side because it's what grabs peoples attention. You hear more about death than you do about people giving or helping out a community. Things like this are bound to happen because they want money and they will squeal whatever their naughty hands touch.

This doesn't anger me in the least bit because millions of players are still going to keep on running around Maple and one little insight on the game won't have much effect. As you can see, this was in California and I wouldn't even of heard of it had you not posted such content.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:52 am

Yeah, I wouldn't have known about it either, except for this thread 3nodding Although I did see a smega this morning about "No more nx for me cause my 'rents saw the news." So I guess it's effecting some players. [I would have had to go online and look it up xd ]

Mimisi Setsuai

Kyruni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:25 am

Just think what the kids would be doing if not playing a video games....there are much worse things than wanting to play a game, they could be out on the streets doing drugs and comitting crimes. As one of the kids said "It helps me get away from the real world" this shows that the game can relieve stress to some and yet it is being criticized eh?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:47 am

......that is retarded i mean i only go on there like that one kid said to get away from life and family.My parents have given up on keeping me off of ms.I allmost fell out of my chair laughing at that whole thing.Fox is always ranting about how bad things are and not the good side of the story.*flips fox off* Burn in _-_-_ fox. -.-

Sin of light

Middie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:52 pm

I made a parody of it for Gaia. xd Yes, it's supposed to imply that Gaia is the shithole of the internet and that there's nothing but sex and flames, and I know that it isn't what Gaia is actually like.

Warning, it's a bit long, so I'll smallify it for you. Quote to see.

Guy: It's one of the biggest communities on the web. Gaia online. It's free to play but then the costs begin to climb. It's one site that parents say have become an internet craze. Here is Leelila Strogov has our Fox 11 investigation.
[Splay of website screenshots, towns, games, people writing posts; insert cool music]
Leelila: Posting, playing games; getting bugs, trash, and fish. All for gold to get items on Gaia Online.
Girl with short dyed hair: It's awesome. xp
Leelila: It's a website called Gaia Online. A hot new virtual hangout among children and teens alike.
Girl: I've got a lot of people on my friendslist. Like, some of my friends that couldn't be here, they're sending me P.M.s right now.
Lanzer: The spread of Gaia has been wonderful. 3nodding
Leelila: Fans say Gaia sets the bar high. One fan even says it's life saving.
Girl: Like, they have this forum called life issues that you can post stuff in for help and stuff.
Leelila: But is Gaia really as good as you think? What goes on behind the smiling faces on their welcome screen? Kids and parents agree, Gaia is the new danger of the online world.
[Insert clip of someone wandering around Gaia]
Guy: It got to where I was up until five in the morning on Gaia, just trying to get gold.
Leelila: So tell me what it's like. What are the people like?
Guy: Well, they're not the friendliest group of people. People insult you all the time for everything. How you're dressed, how you post, even what you look like when you post a picture.
Leelila: How did this effect you?
Guy: It completely shattered my self-confidence.
Leelila [narrating, clips of people posting & stuff]: It isn't the first time. People not only insult each other, but they post nude pictures and gruesome photos. [Insert nude pictures zoomed into a part that doesn't show any bits, just skin]
Boy with blacked out face: I troll sometimes. It's fun to get a rise out of people, because they shouldn't take it so seriously. It's just the internet, not serious business.
Leelila [narrator]: To some, however, it was. When images of sex run rampant, and users torment each other for fun, things can get out of control.
Mom with blacked out face: I was horrified when I looked through my daughter's history. She was sending sexual messages to some boy she met on Gaia. I'm scared to think of what else she has sent.
[Cut to guy]
Guy: I became what you call a lurker, and I had to start sending in money to get gold. It got to the point where I was spending 50 dollars a month.
[Cut to dramatic diagonal scroll over the MC page & clips of people buying MCs and GCash]
Leelila [narrating]: Gaia is marketed as a cool place where you can be yourself, a simple account creation. The business model is: first, get them hooked on a free site. Then, get them to buy the stuff that goes with it. Users can buy monthly collectibles either by mail or online to get clothes for their characters in their alternate universe.
Girl: It just helps your avatar look different and cooler. It makes you stand out and seem unique.
Leelila: It was shocking to discover that so many kids were buying so much for some virtual gold, hair, clothes, and little accessories. Kids were even stealing their parents' credit card to buy what the site calls "Monthly Collectibles".
Mom #2 with a blacked out face: I was getting billed by some company called Gaia. I didn't know what to do- I hadn't even heard of it. My son finally told me what he had been doing. I think it's sick how they reel in little kids.
[Cut to kid with back turned]
Kid: I just can't help it. I have to get the collectibles every month or I just don't feel right. I like to look cool.
Leelila: But the minds behind Gaia say they encourage their users to use good judgment when using the website. They say they can't be responsible for kids who go overboard.
Lanzer: We just want to create a website where everyone can find something to do. Money isn't our number one goal.
Leelila [narrating, clips of people playing Gaia]: Gaia already has over 8 million registered users, and they get thousands of dollars from collectibles alone. Parents and kids agree, time spent on Gaia should be limited and monitored closely.
Father of Girl: I don't let my daughter go on Gaia unless I can see everything she's doing.
Girl with the dyed hair: Yeah, my dad limits my time on the computer, but when I'm on it's mostly Gaia.
Father: She isn't going to be wasting her life on some website.
[cut to guy]
Guy: People should definitely be careful.
Leelila: Leelila Strogov, LA, [etcetc. end]
Maple Story

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces