Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lexille

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:48 pm
ryuu_chan
Lennex3
been taking a apologetics class, its opened me up to alot of really good points. such as what happened to the garden of eden, how old the earth really is according to the time line the bible offers, etc...

Well, feel free to share. That's what these threads are all about. heart

all right, quick simple question...

what happened to the dinosaurs?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:16 pm
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lennex3
been taking a apologetics class, its opened me up to alot of really good points. such as what happened to the garden of eden, how old the earth really is according to the time line the bible offers, etc...

Well, feel free to share. That's what these threads are all about. heart

A large amount of them went extinct.  

Lethkhar

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:46 pm
Lethkhar
Lennex3

That's my understanding of the matter as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:57 pm
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar
Lennex3

well yes obviously.... xp

but the question most people ask is "how" did they go extinct?

large meteor, volcanoes, fires, etc

before i give my input, what do you think happened?  

Lexille

Lyneun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:16 am
Just get to the point. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:12 pm
Yes, I'm curious as to the line of questioning of this as well. Obviously, some great thing happened in the earth. Possibly it was the splitting of the continents that created earthquakes and tsunamis and volacnoes and all sorts of world-altering events. Maybe it WAS a giant meteor that kicked up enough dust to blot out the sun. Maybe God had had enough of these creatures and finished them off to make room for us. I don't know. I can't even begin to guess. But I'm curious as to where you're going here.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:40 pm
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar
Lennex3

I dunno. I never really took a big interest in it myself. I'd say a meteor is likely, but there are several major theories out there. Where are you going with this?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 pm
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar
Lennex3

I believe it had to do with their physiology and the Changes in the earth's atmosphere after the flood. They couldn't breath right...  

NamelessShadowElf

Lexille

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:36 pm
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar
Lennex3

I believe it had to do with their physiology and the Changes in the earth's atmosphere after the flood. They couldn't breath right...

There are a multitude of theories, but the most logical explanation is that the dinosaurs went the way the garden of eden did, which is they were all killed of by the great flood... what better why to destroy a entire species than a world wide flood?

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. Job 41 portrays the Leviathan. The Bible describes a sharp-toothed, scaled creature whose habitat is the mire and deep waters. Some parts even mentioning that it breaths fire. And the Behemoth, also in Job, which had a tail that moved like ceder and was "chief in the ways of god.

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon ...And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:" (Revelation 12:3-4).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:10 pm
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar
Lennex3

There are a multitude of theories, but the most logical explanation is that the dinosaurs went the way the garden of eden did, which is they were all killed of by the great flood... what better why to destroy a entire species than a world wide flood?

Dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. Job 41 portrays the Leviathan. The Bible describes a sharp-toothed, scaled creature whose habitat is the mire and deep waters. Some parts even mentioning that it breaths fire. And the Behemoth, also in Job, which had a tail that moved like ceder and was "chief in the ways of god.

"And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon ...And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:" (Revelation 12:3-4).
there are descriptions of dragons or dinosaurs in the writings of marco polo
*please correct me if im wrong*  

YeLlOwS

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:18 pm
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar
Lennex3

The last one is the end of time, so you can't really count that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:30 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan

The last one is the end of time, so you can't really count that.

yeah i know... im not sure why i even put that in there sweatdrop

its totally off subject...  

Lexille

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:58 am
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan
Lethkhar

Hm...I was always under the impression that it was a meteor. I mean, the worldwide flood that the Biblical account is based on occured only a matter 10,000 years ago or so. The dinosaurs were extinct long before that.

Quote:

You do realize that Leviathan and Behemoth are both demons, right? They are defined as demon generals in Catholic demonology, actually.

Quote:

I don't think Revelation is the best book to be using in this case...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:48 pm
Lethkhar
Lennex3
Vincent_Of_D.A.R.K
Lennex3
ryuu_chan

Hm...I was always under the impression that it was a meteor. I mean, the worldwide flood that the Biblical account is based on occured only a matter 10,000 years ago or so. The dinosaurs were extinct long before that.

10, 000 years ago? most dont realize that carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years (and scientist do admit this) after that its only speculation, a guessing game.

Lets look back at genesis. The Bible clearly states that all land animals and man were both created on the sixth day of creation. Many don't realize that this would also include the dinosaurs.

Maybe our earth is not as old as we are taught to believe (but thats a debate for another day...)

Quote:

You do realize that Leviathan and Behemoth are both demons, right? They are defined as demon generals in Catholic demonology, actually.

Job: Behemoth (was chief in the ways of God)... i really dont think god would let giant demons roam the earth.

Quote:

I don't think Revelation is the best book to be using in this case...

yes i know... lets simply ignore this part please xp  

Lexille

Lexille

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:54 pm
Quote:

10, 000 years ago? most dont realize that carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years (and scientist do admit this) after that its only speculation, a guessing game.

Lets look back at genesis. The Bible clearly states that all land animals and man were both created on the sixth day of creation. Many don't realize that this would also include the dinosaurs.

Maybe our earth is not as old as we are taught to believe (but thats a debate for another day...)

Quote:

Job: Behemoth (was chief in the ways of God)... that statement wouldn't make since if they were demons...  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff