Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
[.The Mourning After.] (BOOK 7 SPOILERS!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you make it through, unspoiled?
  Yes! <3 <3
  I was told false "spoilers"! D<
  No. ;_______;
View Results

Sir C Cakes

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:45 pm
Monkie Chese
I am so freakin' glad that Snape isn't evil. Ohmygod. He's my favorite character, save Dumbledore. I can't believe the fanfictions were right!

I can't believe I would ever consider Albus Dumbledore in a slash pairing, but now I'm a fan. His whole relationship with Grindelwald was perfect angst.

I've never cried from reading a book, ever. I was crying as soon as Harry knew he had to die, and didn't stop crying 'till he went back. And the deaths of Fred, Remus, and Tonks made me sob.

The scene where Harry saved Draco, and Draco was sobbing over Crabbe, I was giddy. Two slash pairings at once.

I absolutely hated the epilogue. I didn't want Harry to pair up with Ginny (though I do like both characters), and it reminded me of fanfiction written by some straight shippings fanatic. Yuck.

i SO agree with you  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 pm
I'm probably one of the few people who was happy with the end...
Mind you, I don't mid the het at all, and was quite pleased with the book.

Leave the slash for the fanfiction, the book and it's origonal parings were top notch.

I did cry when Tonks died though.... heart Tonks  

Huntress of Stars

LilMeady

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:57 pm
I like Tonks as a person but don't tell my girlfriend that, but I hate the Remus/Tonks pairing. However, I have to admit. They make one hell of a kid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:46 am
I can't exactly say I'm disappointed by the book, but I know I'm certainly not satisfied. But hey, it is what it is. And it was what I expected it to be. The end.

But seriously.

WTF.

FRED?!?!

JKR made it all the worse for me by giving him the nickname Rapier. The death that made me cry the most, if only because she hardly said anything about George's reaction. The saddest thing, to me, is losing a twin... Why couldn't she kill Charlie?! (Kidding!)

Another thing that made me cringe (aside all of the Remus/Tonks) was; Albus Severus Potter. xd Worst name ever. The idea is touching, I agree, but...Just say it. Albus is not the name for any 11 year old boy. That is 150 year old professor name. *nod*

Does anyone know how old James would be? I don't think he's quite old enough to be with the 19 year old Teddy, personally. He sounded too young. James and Scorpius, on the other hand...I like.

IgnorantSkittle

LilMeady

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:50 am
See, I guessed he was about six years younger than Teddy. So he was 13 or 14 and teasing Albus.

Meh, I've seen bigger age gaps. They're too cute.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:53 am
I was imagining him 12. Second year, obviously. 12 and 19, though yes, there is worse, can be disturbing. But I just caved and read the beginning to the most wonderful Teddy/James fic (as if there are any others) and must admit, I like it. As long as James is with Teddy, Albus (*shudder*name*shudder*) can be with Scorpius.  

IgnorantSkittle

EmmaRaikou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:04 am
IgnorantSkittle
As long as James is with Teddy, Albus (*shudder*name*shudder*) can be with Scorpius.

;D  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:14 am
...I am...o.o Quite honestly shocked how fast AS/S and TeddyJames is growing. I mean...Not even two days. I'm seeing icons EVERYWHERE.

I never checked the fandom right after HBP, but if it was anything like this, I'm scared.

IgnorantSkittle

Twenty Times Over

9,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 am
User Image

I cant wait for a Draco/Teddy fic.

Draco would have such fun making that metamorphagus fulfill his deepest desires.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:51 pm
I think little James would hit Draco for touching his man.

Yay, prologue for my AS/S fic is done. Now if work would stop getting in the way of my writing.

I think I'm going to reread the book to see what I missed.

LilMeady

wonkyspoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:20 am
You know, I've said this once, and I'll say it again -- I love you guys. The fact that JKR wrote a perfectly straight (albeit gagworthy) ending doesn't faze us at all -- we keep on chuggin' along with our slashy goodness. I love it.

I will pretend the epilogue didn't happen, though I don't mind a** (still cracks me up, even after the hundredth time), and I think Harry/Teddy would be hot. Mmm.

I was right about Snape, and I TOTALLY called Remus having a mini-breakdown (I was so excited when he said that he regretted marrying Tonks, my mind wandered excitedly); there was Draco/Harry up the wazoo (!!), and I teared up when Fred died. FRED?! Why Fred?! Poor, poor George. I was devastated for him. Long live twincest! And I really wanted more info on Regulus, but I thought it was . . . sufficient. (Blackcest!)

I think the death that affected me the most, though, was probably Hedwig's. I know that she was just an owl, but she symbolized the books for me -- it was . . . you know . . . the END when she died. Book seven. No more HP after that.

Thank God for fanfiction. Otherwise I'd be curled up in fetal position crying my eyes out.

On the whole, though, I was very happy with the book. It was much, much, much better than that load of tripe called HBP.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:25 am
The_Twisted_Innocent
I got teary when Dudley said he didn't think of Harry as a waste of space. Molly Weasley using the word b***h made me laugh to the point of tears. I also was far to pleased when Remus said marrying Tonks was a mistake.

The epilouge was very dissapointing though, I hoping it would be more than 'everyone is paired up and have kids, the end'.

Also, did anyone else want to know more about Teddy?
Yes to all of that. 3nodding

I wanna read more about the Marauders- screw Harry's het-spawn!

Did anyone else cry over Dobby's death?  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:58 pm
Tabatha_Twitchet
The_Twisted_Innocent
I got teary when Dudley said he didn't think of Harry as a waste of space. Molly Weasley using the word b***h made me laugh to the point of tears. I also was far to pleased when Remus said marrying Tonks was a mistake.

The epilouge was very dissapointing though, I hoping it would be more than 'everyone is paired up and have kids, the end'.

Also, did anyone else want to know more about Teddy?
Yes to all of that. 3nodding

I wanna read more about the Marauders- screw Harry's het-spawn!

Did anyone else cry over Dobby's death?

I cried over Dobby's death!

I used to always find him a tad bit annoying but after what he did for Harry [I know he was ordered] was so cute and then god damn Bellatrix had to kill him. I liked Kreacher a lot more in this book obviously.

The only thing I have to complain about this book is the 19 years later. I have SO many questions left unanswered.
Like, who is the new headmaster/mistress?
How did George cope with Freds death?
Did any of them go back to school for their last year of schooling?
Are they living with muggles now [since Ron said he had to pass a muggles driving test]?
What about Hermione's parents?
What are Ron, Hermione, and Harry's jobs?

I could really go on forever haha. But it was still an amazing book I think.
I sobbed at the end when I realised it was over and there would be no more Harry Potter books to read.

I wish it could go on forever sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:18 am
I was somewhat expecting Dobby's death. After Hedwig, I just kinda stopped and realized she was gonna kill all those somewhat minor, yet totally major characters that loved Harry. I was expecting Hagrid to go, but I think JKR herself had too much of an attachment to him.

The one thing that made me really happy in DH was Kreacher. The way he acted. So adorable. Hermione was right again, wasn't she?

Oh. And the SeverusxLily. I won't ship it personally, but it was extremely adorable.

...BUT FRED?! (I'll be complaining about that for a while.)

IgnorantSkittle

LilMeady

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:08 am
I feel sort of bad for laughing when Dobby died. Poor Fred needed to live on though. I can only imagine how George is coping.

As for the load of questions asked earlier... Hell, we get to decide those. I think Harry's rich enough not to even have a job. McGoogles as Headmistress (until I think Neville would take over eventually). And I think Ron learned to pass a muggle driving test because Hermione is forcing him to live halfway like a muggle.

General Harry Potter Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff