Lost Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:50 pm
A strange pressure, a feeling like several voices talking at once in his head, assaulted the wet young man, and he clutched his skull with a soft cry. His vision shifted in and out as he searched his immediate surroundings.

"Need a coat?"

The soft voice broke through the babble of sound, and it receded slightly to rest in the back of his skull, like some weird buzzy warning. "English," the young man said to himself. Somehow he had expected French...

Then he saw the two wicked daggers the taller man held and recoiled. "I-I haven't a-any mmoney," he protested, stuttering with the cold. "Please dddon't... D-Don't hhhurt me."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:57 pm
So he went from slightly on edge to confused in less then a second, that had to be a record or some type, "Um, okay, wasn't planning on robbing ya, and wasn't wanting to hurt you, I was more worried about the other way around pal." Though with a small pause he put the daggers away, back in the wrist sheaths, which were in plain sight at the moment, but eh. "Yeah, take the coat, don't turn blue, blue's a nice color, but not on a person, didn't ya ever learn to not swim in cold water?"  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:03 pm
He relaxed slightly as the other man put the blades away, but kept a watchful eye on him as he reached for the coat and drew it on. Why is my coat gone?

"Thank you."

The other's words brought a strange vision to his mind: a pale young face reflected in a brackish pool of water, one half painted blue, eyes narrowed suspiciously and surrounded by a thick black mane of hair. "No," he said softly. "Blue's not nice on a person." He looked up. "Where are we?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:33 am
That drew a pause from Matthew as he shrugged, "Ya know, been in this town two weeks, never asked though, besides, you mean you don't know? Gesh, where did'ca go in the water at?" He moved to run fingers through his messy hair, for a short second displaying purple eyes before they were shadowed again. "For that matter when did you go into the water?" Helpfulness wasn't his strong point. besides how many people asking someone that looked at the max eighteen for good advice to a problem.

Though they should with him, "Either you been in there a while, traveled, you're a newbie at this s**t, or you're acting. If it's the last one keep the jacket and I'll go, I don't want no trouble, I don't mess with others unless forced to. The first two wouldn't bother me none, the third, ********, lord I hope not cause I don't want to deal with that."

Only once had he ran across someone that was newly immortal, and how annoying that was, he had wanted to strangle them, instead ditched them on someone else and left. He did that a lot, leave randomly, which was why he didn't know exactly where they were. However he was annoyingly a nice person, he couldn't just leave this guy all confused and s**t.

"Damn it, what's your name? You know if there's anyone I can call to come help ya or something?"

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:12 pm
The young man, who seemed about 5 to 8 years older than Matthew, glanced behind him at the broad river. He had no real answers to the boy's questions. He had no memory of going into the frigid water, no idea how long he had been in there. Not long. Couldn't be long, could it? I'd have drowned...

"I'm--" He stopped, fishing. His brows furrowed. Names shouted inside his skull, but he couldn't make out a single one. "I'm..." He gave Matthew a look of helplessness. "Sorry. Must have hit my head."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:03 pm
He gave an annoyed sigh, "You've got to be kidding me! You hit your damned head? I'm going to laugh after all this if you're like six hundred or something old and have to be helped by an idiot on these matters." Mat forced himself to pause, calm down, no use startling the guy into not trusting him. "Fine, I'm Matthew, lets get you somewhere you can get dried off and junk, I have a hotel room not to far..." He trailed off as he realized his poor car seat was going to get wet, poor Viper, "Away, so that's not a problem, if you trust I'm not going to randomly attack you that is? Some people's jumpy on the matter, pisses me off. I'm not a fighter, I don't like violence none, and death just annoys me. Besides you even armed?" He hadn't seen sign of a weapon, which was weird; maybe he lost it going into the water?

Mat shrugged at his mental question, eh, what was the worse that could happen...on second thought he didn't want to think about it. He was way to nice at times, "So that work for ya?"  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 pm
He sorted through Mat's torrent of words and shifting focuses. I must have hit my head. It explains this buzzing that keeps going on...

He decided that the offer of a place to warm up and dry off was preferable to staying here... wherever here was. If Matthew meant him harm, he could attack him easier on the riverbank instead of inviting him into his car to leave evidence.

"All right," he said. "Thank you. Maybe I'll see something on the way that'll help me remember."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:49 am
A small sigh, what was he getting himself into now, and he was going to have to get the seat redone after this, "Alright, lets go before you get sick and die or something like that." With a shake of his head he turned and walked off in a direction, chains hanging from his belt happily jingling away. He wasn't one for quiet it seemed, then again he had never needed to sneak anywhere in his life to it worked. He was already pulling keys given the Viper was a whole fifteen feet away, a beautiful deep blue 2008 Viper, not one of the coups, he didn't like contertables, they were pointless in the long run and harder to maintain.

The car beeped as it unlocked and turned off the alarm, Mat glanced to see if the dude was coming or not, either way didn't matter to him given he got in, though left the door open for the moment watching the guy calmly. This is great Matthew, lets show a random guy where you're staying, so gotta switch hotels after this. And pray he's not acting and I'm not dead before the day is over.  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:24 pm
Aside from the buzz in his head, the young man didn't feel sick, just chilled to the bone. He followed Mat to the car, then startled at the loud beep as the younger man unlocked it. That's interesting.

"It's a beautiful car," he said, appreciably. "I don't want to get the seat wet."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:06 pm
"Get in the car, seats are fixable, I'll blame it on the window and get it refurnished for free even." He gave a shrug like it didn't matter even though it really did, his poor car, oh right, helping someone out.  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:55 pm
"All right," the young man nodded, opening the door and sitting. It was good to get out of the cold breeze off the river. The coat helped, but until he could get dry it was hard to warm up.

He looked around at his surroundings as he waited for Matthew to get in the car. Because the young man had spoken english, he knew it probably wasn't France... though why he thought he should be in France eluded him. He didn't recognize the bridge that spanned the river about a mile away, either.

America, he thought. Probably. Or Canada. Some parts of Canada are French, though, aren't they? Do I live here?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:57 pm
Mat gave another sigh before throwing himself in the carseat and shutting the door, "Um, don't look in the back seat." Mainly because there was a snake cage, with snake included and a mess of candy wrappers, food wrappers, chips, empty soda cans, and a mini fridge with beers. He gave a grin before starting the viper, "And buckle up." His only warning before he practically floored it, hell it was a sports car, he wasn't one to follow traffic laws, going through red lights, way over the speedlimit, it was enough to give a person a heart attack.  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:29 am
So, of course he looked. The snake looked back. He had barely turned back around at Mat's warning to buckle up when the car was put into spine-melting, G-force defying motion, and the young man was pressed back in his seat with a squawk of alarm. Fumbling quickly, he managed to get the belt buckled before a sharp turn could throw him around the car's interior.

"Umm... Little fast?" he managed through clenched teeth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:34 am
With a snorted laugh he shook his head, though didn't take his eyes off the road, "You're kidding right? I'm going slower then normal, figured I'd be nice like that, you're lucky I don't have to get on the freeway buddy, that even freaks out poor Copper." All this was duly backed up by the police scanner sitting on the dashboard, though it had to held down by something. "Oh, Coppers the snake, thirty-seven years old, silly me went oh look a baby snake, lets keep it, no one ever said the things live half forever, but I love her anyway." That was the time he pulled in front of a very expensive, and modern, hotel, leaving the car running he got out, ducking to glance back at the guy, "Well, come on, unless you feel like going somewhere else?" A grin followed his question, not that he bothered to wait for an answer before tossing the keys to another guy.

"Have someone bring up the snake, oh, and I think I need gas too." The man, clearly he worked for the hotel nodded, "Yes sir, no problem, you sure have a thing for guests, hows the missy doing? She didn't look to good."

Matthew froze on that, Ah, ********, forgot about her...well this will be fun. How does one explain why there is a comatose woman in a spare bedroom, much less an immortal, one he didn't know. "She's good, just kinda sick. Say now, ya better take good care of my baby now, otherwise you might end up with a knife down your throat." The guy only chuckled on that, not noticing the seriousness to Mat's voice.  

Vesta Shade

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:28 am
The damp young man listened to the exchange curiously as he exited the passenger side of the car and closed the door. "If your girlfriend's sick," he said, "I don't want to be an added burden."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff