Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Fanworks
So... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 am
Eww... *gags and shudders* That's not even attractive.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:36 pm
*shrugs happily* It matters on the person, I suppose. It's really up to them what they read. Personally, I find nothing wrong with reading 'graphic rape' and threesomes. But Beastiality, and extreme fluff and loving words--might make me twitch and feel uncomfortable.

It also matters on whether the writing is good. I mean, if you have a high tolarance level for such warning--like me, anything written good like that would be fine.

StargemKitty

Nicky Cade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:31 am
Everyone has the right to like what they like. Likewise, they're allowed to dislike the things they don't like. But there really is no reason to bash something. What if the author was a part of that guild and saw the things the other members were saying? You really don't have any idea of the type of personal connection (if any) the author/authoress has with said story. Sure, it could be just a PWP for fun, but it could also be the authors secret fantasy, or the manifestation of some memory that was plaguing the writer.

Personally, I keep an open mind when I read fanfiction. The summaries are there for a reason. Don't like, don't read (and don't flame!). None of those "Squicky" things do anything for me, but it's just fanfiction. It's there for you to enjoy. So hey, *shrug* why not? We're all fellow HP slashers, so we should be encouraging each other, not putting each other down. Happy reading, all!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:46 pm
Well, some people like beastiality. >_>

I've read one or two that I liked.  

Super Dragonite

Elder

Itachipwnz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:21 pm
personally bestiality doesn't rock my boat, but that doesn't mean i mind anyone who does like it. me and friends have written a voldemort/panda fanfiction, but only because the idea was so funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:10 pm
I don't personally like it myself but everyone is different.

If they like it, then let them like it. We all have our own opinions and although what it is is quite weird, it's their opinion on liking it.

There are people out there who HATE slash. But we still read it don't we?  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Random memory: I once came across a fic that was Giant Squid/female!ferret!Draco.
It was messed up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:54 am
Diana_Faye
Recently another one of my guilds has gone off on a tangent of disgusting fics. One of the fic links that was posted was for a Draco/Moody/Flich fic where Draco is a ferret.

I guess my question is this: how do you feel about these kinds of fics? And what would compel a person to write such a fic? Do they like it, or are they trying to make some people feel icky? I know I cannot enjoy fics with bestiality, and often rape as well.

I don't understand the beastiality fascination either (let alone Filch, never mind children *with* Filch). I don't enjoy reading about rape, but sometimes there are some great fics with rape in it, but the rape is generally an integral part of the plot... if it's a fic of rape for rape's sake, then no, I don't enjoy it or understand how others could write it. And who knows why others write stuff like that. Some enjoy it, I'm sure and others probably do write it to squick other people out.

So, if you don't like it... just don't read it and allow the others who do enjoy it to read it. It doesn't hurt you. biggrin  

CuppaT

-_-Xerxez Tha Ferret-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:41 pm
I think when they put such things in a fic, they are just saying (writing) what they like in a sense. As for me, putting a ferret into the mix was going too far. First of all, how in the world would they... you know. And second of all, I doubt Filch would have any sexual relations with the students... unless it was rape, cause that's the way he is.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 am
Javlai
Everyone has the right to like what they like. Likewise, they're allowed to dislike the things they don't like. But there really is no reason to bash something. What if the author was a part of that guild and saw the things the other members were saying? You really don't have any idea of the type of personal connection (if any) the author/authoress has with said story. Sure, it could be just a PWP for fun, but it could also be the authors secret fantasy, or the manifestation of some memory that was plaguing the writer.

Personally, I keep an open mind when I read fanfiction. The summaries are there for a reason. Don't like, don't read (and don't flame!). None of those "Squicky" things do anything for me, but it's just fanfiction. It's there for you to enjoy. So hey, *shrug* why not? We're all fellow HP slashers, so we should be encouraging each other, not putting each other down. Happy reading, all!

So true. I've written some pretty off the wall stuff before, so much so that if people didn't know I'd written it because of a challenge with odd prompts? Yeah, they'd wonder about me.  

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

melon-san

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:20 am
i can deal with a rape fic if one its well written and two the victem does not fall for there rapist  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 am
I personally don't usually read bestiality fics. but if a friend reccomended one, I wouldn't refuse. Remus/Sirius bestiality sounds cute, kinda. And rape fics are okay, not always my style, but whatever. I try to keep an open mind.
But, like many people here, I stay away from yucky old HP guys, so I'm not going to read anything with Moody, Wormtail, Dumbledore, Hagrid, or even Severus or Lucius. I prefer teens. Although young Tom, Remus, etc. are fine.

And just a curious question: Has anyone found a Firenze slash fic? It'd be bestiality and not at the same time...  

Yoriq the Gloomy Jester

Super Cy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:04 pm
Well, i won't write one and i won't read one that is based soully on beastyality, but if i come across one that just so happens to have it in there, than so be it. I have read it all and i have seen all...nothing can bother me anymore...Nothing...

Besides if you don't want to read about it you don't have to...there are nice big warnings on almost all fanfictions. i personally go "Ooo Fred and George twinsest...CLICK! What? Contains Heavy Slash? CLICK! Rape...why not...CLICK! Contains Het...NEXT!"
ninja  
Fanworks

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces