Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Fai's Sketchbook - Updated 7/4/11 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:39 pm
XD

Okay, this is going to sound so dumb.

But I had planned to have the sword resting against the ground. But then when I did finally draw the legs... I realized that the sword wasn't long enough. >.< That's why the reason I never drew the feet... and I did intend to draw clodus where the feet is right now... but I guess I never did. >.<

Thanks for posting though... I wish there's something I could do to fix that. I know almost nothing bout swords... Or rather, holding them. Except the "OVER HEAD POSITION!" from Kingdom of Heaven. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:05 pm
Aha, that makes sense.

Well, if you can't find what you need on Google, I'd be happy to supply some sword / gun hand refs. Although all I have so far gun-wise is my toy cap pistol and a machine pellet gun. X{D;; Still works as far as hand-positioning is concerned, though.  

Ishrie

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:10 pm
Ooooh! Well, here's an excellent opportunity. XD

I need to draw a Lord Knight as a theme pic for this joint shop that now I'm a part of... maybe provide some hand refs or give me some pose ideas?? XD - so unabashed-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:04 pm
Sure. You got anything in mind?

User Image

Here's what I got. My birthday's on the 3rd, though, so I might get s'more then... but it sounds like you need something quick. Just say what'cha want, and I'll try it out.  

Ishrie

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:00 pm
OMG you OWE all of those?! Holy crap. Well I've already drawn the picture, but I didn't like how the middle section, in particular the arms ended up.

Here's the pic: http://faithom.deviantart.com/art/RO-Lord-Knight-73801174

XD If you had a suit of armor too that'd be lovely. XD It's probably the closest to the longest sword you owe. But, if you could do some pose stuff I'd love to redo the picture over... No matter what, the arm looks weird to me right now. It's bugging the crap out of me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:11 pm
Here's a couple sites I found for armor references:

http://www.armouronline.com/k/3/armour_armor.html
http://www.volny.cz/grex/vyrobky/vyrob_e.htm#casti

http://www.thunderskeep.org/_Armor Tutorial This is a tutorial for making real-life armor, but it has lots of handy illustrations of all the individual pieces.

Anyway, I tried the pose. I Photoshopped it a bit-- you guys don't need to see my messy bedroom. rofl

Here's a close up of the hands:
User Image

It does look good, though. I don't think you need to change anything.

Let me know if you want anything else.  

Ishrie

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:54 pm
Oh thanks a lot!!!! XD
lol.. my bedroom's a pigsty. Even though I've been cleaning it... Haha.

The UPdate:
This is what I need help with now.
User Image

I need to know where his pants should be. >.< And an idea for maybe what kind of background there should be. And any advice you can give.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:18 pm
Have you started on the legs at all? I think working on the pants would be easier if you sketched some guidelines in. What, specifically, are you having problems with in regard to the pants?  

Ishrie

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:00 pm
I didn't plan on drawing the legs, because I'm almost sure that I'm going to run out of room on the paper before I get to the feet... So I was going to end the body pretty much at the cross point of the two extending ribbons with all the weird characters on them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:16 pm
Alright, well, here's a good stockpile of refs. (I can't just link to one, sorry.) There should be a pose similar to that in the list-- you're able to spin them around to any angle, so just turn it to be facing the back. At the point that you wanted to crop the body off at, you wouldn't be able to see much more than his butt, so... just draw that? xd

This tutorial also talks about butts.  

Ishrie

Sriae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:55 pm
I'd just like to say, MAN I COULD GO COLOR CRAZY ON YOUR LINES. I LOVE THEEEEM.

/not constructive XP  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:06 pm
Sriae
I'd just like to say, MAN I COULD GO COLOR CRAZY ON YOUR LINES. I LOVE THEEEEM.

/not constructive XP

XD

If you'd like to feel free to color them... I'm too bad at PS to color them myself.

OMG Ishrie, lol, I've just found my new crush hahahaha. I think I've gotten it right... not sure. I'll pt the updated version on here in a couple of days.  

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

Xyirii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Hey hey...I've finally made it to commenting...your art is very interesting 8D. I love that style of wings <3.

I know how you feel when it comes to coloring with a mouse...up until six months ago that's how I colored....I still use a mouse at times because I'm so used to it. If you keep at it and just draw some practice sketches of bodies, you'll get a feel for how the body works when in different poses. That pose website is actually one of my favorites I've been using for about three years now O_o;.

Keep up the good work. Awesome style!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 pm
XD. I swear I replied to you already! XD But lol, yeah I haven't really used the pose website too much because I don't think too much about poses when I draw. >.< I just do the face and go from there, which, obviously, is something that I need to learn to change.

I want a tablet. lol. Using the mouse is so... exacting. Like you have to be JUST right and if you even twitch your hand a little bit too far you mess up. And then you have to erase, and so forth. XD I'm not a patient person to begin with... so coloring with a mouse really drives me nuts. -prays that tablet will make things better-

Well the full version is now on my DA... if anyone cares to see it.  

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
Alright, need help again...

What's the website where they like give you a ton of demonstrations for different poses and stuff...??? I used to visit a lot but now I need it again and I have NO idea what it's called.

Any help that could offered would be great... smile  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces