Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Bands Becoming "Mainstream" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is better?
  Mainstream.
  Underground.
  I don't care either way.
View Results

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:50 pm
I was just reading a scaned article on Panic! in the December issue of Kerrang! (UK), and I thought some of the questions sort of related to this.

K!: You get a hard time with fans who tell stories of you being unfriendly after shows. Are you?

Spencer: Every situation is different. Sometimes we have to get out of situations for our own safety, like if we're in a van and people are pounding on the windows. But we go out and sign stuff almost every night. It's odd because when I went to shows I never once thought about waiting outside to meet a band, but now it's expected. It's almost like an encore.

Jon: I have to say though that I never see any boys waiting outside for us to sign stuff...

K!: So you don't cover your faces and run straight to your tour bus without acknowledging fans?

Brendon: I don't know where you got the face covering thing. We always stop and say hi.

K!: Some fans wrote to Kerrang! after your recent London shows...

Spencer: We've never done that.

Brendon: We always try to be polite, but you have to be realistic. We cant stop and talk for hours and we do get in the car because we have to be somewhere.

Ryan: We try to do a meet and greet at every show and our fans are very dedicated. To love a band that much is a big commitment. I wish I knew what that felt like.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:49 pm
Oh yeah, I remember reading that.

I think what they're saying is probably true. They don't want to be rude and ignore any fans, but sometimes they have to. It'd be impossible for them to stop and talk to every single fan after all their shows.

But I can understand that if the band comes outside, and you're waiting with a bunch of people and then they sign a few things, but nothing for you, and then hurry into their van, you'd be upset and may email a magazine saying how rude the band is. When really, they're just doing their best to deal with everything and everyone.

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:41 pm
Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think they are mean. I think it's pretty judgmental to assume someone's rude or mean if they just want to, or have to, get to the tour bus after a show, or get to anywhere, and don't have time to sign a hundred or so autographs, even if the person is famous. Sure, it might be a bummer to some of the fans, and the fans have every right to be mad or upset because they were so close to getting a autograph, but they need to be understanding. I think a lot of fans out think, "it's only a couple seconds of your time to sign an autograph." Yeah, a couple seconds x the amount of other fans waiting outside with you = practically forever. Plus they'll want pictures together too, and you can't say no if you just signed their poster or whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:52 am
Yeah, exactly 3nodding  

Polyphonic Twilight

lamisticalunisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:41 pm
well... i'm not against mainstream but i prefer underground whee
and i have to admit it,, i knew p!atd since they were on mtv... but i tried to know more about them,, more than just listening iwsnt... and i did it 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:58 am
`PrimeRib
Miss Snickers
`PrimeRib
Miss Snickers
"Underground" bands... well I personally don't think I've ever became a fan of one. I discovered what being a true fan of a band was in Oct. So P!ATD was the first band I really ever liked, then I found THS in Jan. That's about it.

I hate it how people don't like a band after they became big, it's stupid. Like you said, the band doesn't change. I also hate it when some people think they're better fans because they've liked/listened to a band longer. Just because they've liked them longer doesn't mean they're a better fan/know more. Uggh... domokun [/end of rant]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh my gosh, I know! Like those people that are all like, "I liked Panic! At The Disco way before anyone else, and I live in Las Vegas, and so-and-so even went to my high school!!! I liked them wayyy before they went on MTV." In my head, I'm just like, "Shuddup."

Yeah, that's so annoying. I also hate it when people brag about liking Panic! longer and then I ask them a simple question like : What color are Jon's flip-flops? And they're like "Huh? What are you talking about?" Sad, sad people... domokun

I know exactly what you mean. sad

gonk
What is the world coming to?

Miss Snickers

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Miss Snickers
`PrimeRib

gonk

It's hard to say. eek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:57 pm
`PrimeRib
Miss Snickers
`PrimeRib

gonk

It's hard to say. eek

Yeah, I guess it is.

Miss Snickers

Teh Toasted E m o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:39 am
_♥Exchanging Body Heat,,

Yes, That Is Very Annoying..

One Of My Friends Caught Me Listening To Panic!, And Then She Went And Bought The Album, Posters, T-Shirts And Everything..
And Then She Was Always Like, Who's Heard Of P!ATD??
They're Well Cool Arent They??

And Im Like.. No one had heard of them until i told you.. stare

..In The Passenger Seat _♥

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:52 pm
it sucks because none of my friends like PATD and i have like no one to discuss it too.... and i think the gym class heroes are freaky.. that was random xd  

tanyjames

upsidexdown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:02 pm
    i felt the same way about paramore. i had it on my page one day. and the next day, EVERYONE has it. literally. it got me angry, so i stopped listening to them for like a day. then i felt bad. so i just joined everyone and listened to them. xP panic is considered an "underground" band at my school cause i'm 1 in a handful of people who know them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:04 pm
upsidexdown
    i felt the same way about paramore. i had it on my page one day. and the next day, EVERYONE has it. literally. it got me angry, so i stopped listening to them for like a day. then i felt bad. so i just joined everyone and listened to them. xP panic is considered an "underground" band at my school cause i'm 1 in a handful of people who know them.

Wow, really? Sometimes I wish people at my school didnt know about Panic! At The Disco. But then again, I also kind of enjoy people coming up to me and being like, "OMGOMGOMG. I LOOOVE YOUR P!ATD SHIRT!" whee And I'm just like..."Ha, thanks doll. redface I saw them live." And then they are like, "OMGOMG NOOO WAYYY!" Then I feel all cool. xDD

PrimeRibby
Captain

SingPaNiCDiScO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:15 pm
Personally, I don't think that if you liked them 1 year or 1 month should make a difference- any band. You don't have to, you know.. how can I explain this... liking them for less time than someone else doesn't diminish your like for a band. A new fan can appreciate music as much as an older fan...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:47 am
SingPaNiCDiScO
Personally, I don't think that if you liked them 1 year or 1 month should make a difference- any band. You don't have to, you know.. how can I explain this... liking them for less time than someone else doesn't diminish your like for a band. A new fan can appreciate music as much as an older fan...

In a way I agree with that, but in another way I disagree.

When you've been a fan of a band for a long time...your love for their music kind of goes beyond the music. It's almost like you build a special relationship with them. And when you've been a fan for a really long time, you know what the band was like when they first started out, and you've seen them grow over time. You've seen them develop as muscians, and to me...that's a really special thing to see as a fan.

New fans are basically just hooked on the music, and it doesnt go much farther than that.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:34 pm
Miss Snickers
`PrimeRib
Miss Snickers
"Underground" bands... well I personally don't think I've ever became a fan of one. I discovered what being a true fan of a band was in Oct. So P!ATD was the first band I really ever liked, then I found THS in Jan. That's about it.

I hate it how people don't like a band after they became big, it's stupid. Like you said, the band doesn't change. I also hate it when some people think they're better fans because they've liked/listened to a band longer. Just because they've liked them longer doesn't mean they're a better fan/know more. Uggh... domokun [/end of rant]

Oh my gosh, I know! Like those people that are all like, "I liked Panic! At The Disco way before anyone else, and I live in Las Vegas, and so-and-so even went to my high school!!! I liked them wayyy before they went on MTV." In my head, I'm just like, "Shuddup."

Yeah, that's so annoying. I also hate it when people brag about liking Panic! longer and then I ask them a simple question like : What color are Jon's flip-flops? And they're like "Huh? What are you talking about?" Sad, sad people... domokun

rofl
And they call themselves fans...

My personal opinion on this is that I don't really care if the band is mainstream or not. I don't think I've really even liked any underground bands. x_x

And the snobby people who think they're better then everyone else just because they've known a band longer? Freaking irritating. rolleyes  
Other Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff