Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Would you teach your children your native language? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[purple banana]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:38 pm
(chinese)
probably, but i dont know much myself,
if my kids started talking chinese more/better than i did id yell at them and tell them to speak english x)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:35 pm
i definetely would be. u can't learn my dialect from any school anyways, its the old school ChaoZhou chinese dialect. so the pressure is all on me.  

soyXsauce

Fo C h e e_z a y

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 pm

of course smile
and maybe be multi-lingual, like myself.
umm... bengali, hindi, arabic, punjabi, spainsh (from school), japanese (can understand 50% ,but the slow at speaking) oh..and english :]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:34 pm
I would love to but I can't even speak it myself. I wish I did though. I use to be really fluent but then it just all got away from once I started school. I can understand daily stuff but I feel awkward if I reply in Chinese.  

MixedUp92

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:11 am
Heck yes. My babies will be fluent in Chinese and ...English (since it's my second language). 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:16 am
I would definitely teach my kids our native language hmong korean and english  

Kato Danzo

Samsoonie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:41 am
lol im going to give my kids the speech my parents gave me! "susie it may be ohio outside, but in this house is south korea so you will speak korean!!" biggrin haha it worked!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:19 pm
Definitely.
though my parents did teach me, its just i never speak it biggrin
and so i kinda forgot like half of it lol
but i'm gonna teach them all I know and then send them off to some skewl to learn it. true like wat u said, wat's the use of bein ur ppl when u cant speak the language?
i'm gonna try to make them fluent and stay that way  

Super_Sweetgurl88

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:32 pm

I believe that maintaining ones culture heritage is something that should be of prime importance, and therefore, my children will be taught Vietnamese. It would be shame for them to live in a home where the culture is prevalent and not know the language itself. |:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:16 pm
Haha! That's kinda funny. I'm not very good in my native language, nor am i very good with English. But I'd totally teach my children our Native language!  

Xia Rocks Your Butt

-Sun Candy-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:45 am
Definitely! My parents did that to me, and without it, I would know nothing of my ancestors or culture! So yeah, I'm going to teach my kids Chinese and English!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:59 am
We'll i want to ><
but i can't even speak my nataive language(s). . .
it depends on what my husband is gonna be, and if he knows how to speak the language, then go ahead xD.

Sesshomaruka

XobsessiveX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:18 am
I'm definitely gonna teach my kids viet and move to a place with a viet school. Also I'm gonna send them to chinese`school. Half of my family is chinese. I remember family reunions were really confusing cause I didn't understand my chinese relatives and that made me mad. I use to nag my dad to teach me but he never did. I want my kids to have more oppertunities with languages then me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:35 am
I uhhh.....kinda learned english and vietnamese at the same time...you see, my whole family spoke to me in viet....but all I did was watch cartoons on t.v. so I learned viet while learning english from being a t.v. addict. XD Anyhoo, I plan on teaching my kids viet. <.< gotta have a way to scold them without other people in public knowing that im scolding them.>.>  

ShigureAishite

brokenbarrier

Man-Hungry Grabber

16,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:27 pm
Of course I will. My major language is Vietnamese, and my other side is Japanese. I am going to teach them all I know (which is not a lot but more than most) and send them to school if they can't pick it up. I am going to excel in English, but I do not want my children feeling in the dark when I say something they cannot understand. (but no curse words! they will never know any bad words... as long as I can help it)
And...
Chao may anh/chi/em la nguoi Vietnam! Toi la nguoi Baki!

Konnichi wa sans/chans/kuns Nihon-no! Watashi mikkusu Nihon-no!  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff