Submit

Are you still in school?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:53 pm
gothindenial
Is anyone here still in school? I'm in Year 9 and am looking for tips and etc. for looking more gothic in school. We have to wear uniforms and can't have unnatural hair colour, so that limits it a bit. stare Also cool makeup ideas! heart
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Do the Crow mascara look for your eyes. That always gets a good mark as a goth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:01 pm
i'm in 10th grade!!!! so young......... cry oh well. but umm... yeah....  

bloodyandrea

infektionxx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:33 pm
Hey, wow what a great response!
I tried a cute goth schoolgirl look with my hair and I actually liked it. I might try it when we start the new term.
I think I need to experiment more with makeup; right now I just do dark eyeliner and sometimes a greyish eyeshadow. I agree, lots of makeup looks bad...and even worse on younger girls!
I've experimented with safety pins, they looked cool!! I want to get some clompy boots, I might be able to get away with them. The uniform code says "black leather lace-up shoes" ..and I reckon I can bend it a little to suit me, mwahhaha
We're starting a new semester so I can start over without out any accountability points (like strikes for bad behaviour or breaking the rules. You get an afterschool detention for 4 in a week or 6 in a term). I got 5 last term...mostly for nailpolish grr.
Anyways, thanks for all the tips and ideas, guys!! Fantastic!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:38 am
*senior*

Accesories can be just as, or sometimes even MORE important than the clothes itself. So find some great accesories.  

xxxdeletemexxx

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:01 pm
ya,im only goin into grade 7 after this summer sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:41 am
I am in 9th!  

chickajasmine

Exquisite Cadavre

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 am
I risk sounding cliche and old here, but I'm going to say it anyway: Goth is how you make it, the attitude you have.

Dress the uniform up- lots of goths wear white and color- infact there is a new trend of color divulging into the goth scene, and school girl is in anywhere. Buy hairclips that have ethereal designs, wear a ring or two, and always keep yourself wellgroomed.

Honestly, it's not easy to go to class gothed out- trust me I've tried. You go in velvets or veils, or corsets or big clunky pants and you're uncomfortable sitting, you rip clothes (I've ripped one to many things going up stairs), your feet kill by the end of the day.

Wait for the weekend, or evening and go all out, do your makeup the way to you like, your hair, your outfit.

xD
Good luck.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:59 am
Rose Mortem
Dress the uniform up- lots of goths wear white and color- infact there is a new trend of color divulging into the goth scene, and school girl is in anywhere. Buy hairclips that have ethereal designs, wear a ring or two, and always keep yourself wellgroomed.

Wait for the weekend, or evening and go all out, do your makeup the way to you like, your hair, your outfit.

xD
Good luck.

I'll give wearing the rings and clips a go...but they may get confiscated (I despise the rules at my school!!). I love dressing up on the weekend, it's like I finally get to be myself! I feel so constricted in my uniform, it's horrible!
Thanks!  

infektionxx

rnalice

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:17 pm
Ahhh! Your all so young, that makes me feel soo old.
Tips for being "goth"
-dont have a bad I want to kill people attitude thats just stupid and gives the rest of us a bad name
-be as happy as you want to be because "goths" arent sad we're just mildly pissed off all the time
-DONT DO THE CROW MAKE UP FOR THE LOVE OF JESUSES SEXY NIPPLES
-if you have to fit in and arent allowed to colour your hair dont worry its the intelligent attitude that makes you goth not what you wear.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:54 pm
This fall, I'll be a senior in HS. ninja
Class of 2008!!! heart

LackingSanity

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 pm
I agree with the previous rants about goth being found in attitudes, interests, and mannersisms, as opposed to the clothing. However, I am atmittedly a victim of gothic fashion, and being in a public school I have a lot of freedom to dress the way I please.

As for tips on gothing out a uniform, what guidelines do you have to go by? Knowing those would really help me with giving tips!

As far as 'lace-up leather shoes' go, you can get away with quite a bit. Very basic combat boots may work out alright... just don't go crazy with buckles, spikes, and all that jazz. Also, if you're lucky you may be able to come across some not-so-ugly oxfords.

What can you do for legwear?
Striped socks, or grey and black argyle knee-highs would be cool. Or you could check out your local alt clothing shop, or even a regular department store for cool tights. A lot of alt. clothing shops have tights with funky prints, whereas department stores usually carry lacey tights.

For tops, are colors other than whie allowed? Even if they're not allowed, try dolling up your tops. Get puffy sleeves, trim the top with lace, and use some ribbon to do a little corset lacing on the back. Perhaps use blach lace and ribbons for this, and add black buttons to the top as well. Perhaps add lace and ribbons to your skirt too!

For skirts, if they don't have to be pleated, perhaps try other cuts as well... loli-esq bell skirts, straight secretary skirts, and skirts with ruffled hems would all be cute!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 pm
DreamerSpirit
As for tips on gothing out a uniform, what guidelines do you have to go by? Knowing those would really help me with giving tips!

The guidelines are very strict. In summer we have to wear a checkered dress with knee-high white socks and the black lace-ups. In winter we can wear navy "slacks", short/long-sleeved business shirt with tie, or woollen skirt with black/navy tights or knee-high socks and short/long-sleeved blue business shirt with tie. (I wear the pants).
For hair the colour and cut "cannot draw attention to yourself" or be outrageous. And if it's longer than your shoulders it has to be put up or away from your face.  

infektionxx

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:12 pm
Just try and bring out your face then and wear some jewelry to express yourself. It would sound hard to try and edit your outfit with all those requirements, for the uniform. The uniform it's self can bring a goth side to you if you can add some accessories to the wardrobe. Being goth isn't always looks either, you can be goth to others views just by the way you are.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:17 am
I got my hair cut shorter with layers, and am getting it coloured a blue-y black biggrin It's around an inch above my collar.
But I'm still waiting to get some fishnet gloves, can you believe it? I can't find them anywhere! crying stare I think I'll have to pay a visit to a costume shop or somewhere that has dance supplies...  

infektionxx

Vexworth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am
I shall be seniorial this fall. ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!

And a tip?
I take it your uniforms don't limit jewelry, so amass a load of odd adornments. Silver rings are always good. Just don't....look like a jewelry box exploded on you. I've seen that. It's creepy.

But honestly - it's really not the clothings. I don't care if I sound like a repetitive robotbox, it's true. Don't think just because you're not dressed 'proper' you're any less of whatever you feel you are.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff