Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Extended Discussion
Evolution VS Creationism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one?
  Evolution
  Creationism
  Other
  Don't care.
View Results

Reiylinn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:52 pm
Talmar_Star_Blood
I am a messianic jew, and Shabat is the Hebrew word. Sabbath is a translation. When the bible says a day is like a thousand years, it also says a thousand years is like a day, but that whole verse never makes it plain whether "day" used in the verse means 24 hour time period, or just an amount of time. In hebrew, if a day is refered to as in "day and night" or with a number, like "the fourth day" it means 24 hour peroid, even counting that verse, a day is like a thousand years. so, since Genisis says "the first/seccond/ect day" it has to mean 24 hour peroid, or its not gramatlicy correct. and if you are christian, then you belive the bible is written by god through men, so why would God write a gramatlicly in-correct book?

There are different interpretations, versions, translations, and scripts of the Bible. It depends on your religion, and where you live. What you just said doesn't prove anything, so there =P  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:01 pm
I am refering to the hebrew. as in the origional hebrew. I give up...  

Silver Wingling

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:36 pm
Talmar_Star_Blood
I am refering to the hebrew. as in the origional hebrew. I give up...
like ancient hebrew, the one that almost no one knows  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Besides isn't the Kabalistic translation of the bible, considered to be the most accurate from a non religious stand point?  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:14 am
no idea...i don't know much about other religions than what i've found out or been told about  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:00 am
Fair enough then, I'll look into it, as I'm sure it is.  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am
...Maybe I should study different religions. I mean, I hate it when people shove down my throat what I believe, and I hate it when people act like they know everything about the religion that I'm in, so why not?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:35 pm
I study cults a lot, but I've never studied Kabalah. Maybe I should.  

Silver Wingling

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:09 pm
Talmar_Star_Blood
I study cults a lot, but I've never studied Kabalah. Maybe I should.

Your kidding right? The Kabal is one of the largest non-major religious organisations on the planet, several films and series have been made based on their interpretation of the bible... and you've never thought to study them until now?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:52 pm
Well, not really. Satanism, yep. wicca, yep. any other you care to name, yep. but not kabalah.  

Silver Wingling

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:00 pm
druidism? what about with the norse gods?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:53 am
Soviet Mudkipz
druidism? what about with the norse gods?
Or even the Egyptian belief system?  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:19 am
Holy crap. That was a pain to "study" in middle school, because they had all their blasted facts wrong.
I did my own research, using my own resources.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:06 pm
egyptism...is weird  

The Dadalorian
Crew

XxLadyDarknessxX

950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:27 pm
i personally believe in both evolution AND creationism.......my grandma gives me a hard time cuz i wanna be an anthropologist...they study evolution of mankind.....and she always shoves at me about creationism, im not saying either is correct.....i just believe theres room to doubt for both....to me the Lord could just be a man in that time period who stood out and had different and evolutional and outstanding ideas and made a great impact on his community....the world and universe is a strange place so you never know..i dont know but thats my thought........  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff