Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
____ // oba.bear's log Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:28 pm
oba bear
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
Don't feel guilty about your intake :] heart

Also, you had 2 slices of pizza. How often would you say you have pizza? Because when it comes to things like that, there are a lot more things to consider than calories that are more detrimental to your weight loss // health. An average slice of pizza has anywhere between 7-12+ grams of fat in it, and that's WAY more than you should be ingesting. A lot of people pay attention mostly only to the amount of calories something has, but the recommended healthy amount of fat in any thing you eat is 3 or less grams, especially if you're trying to lose weight // maintain a healthy lifestyle. :3

Also, how often do you eat sweets? One kitkat bar has around 220 calories and 11.4 grams of fat :[ And even though it's just one piece of candy (the habit will be tricky to kick, I've been there and I'm still struggling from time to time), just one can be harmful x3 If I have a need for sweets, I try to go for organic and for things like dark chocolate or yogurt. You could also pop a sugar free candy every once and a while. It's a lot like quitting smoking, you just have to substitute it with something else until the cravings disappear x3
That was the first time I had it since about last month. I understand what you mean about fat though. Boxers cut ALL of it from their diet when they train and stuff. As for sweets, it was the first actual sweet I have had this week. The night before I was craving something so bad, but I had an apple. The other reason, which is more of an excuse of why I had the piece of Kit Kat was because it was offered to me by a woman at my work. I sort of didn't want to be rude and throw it out. Like I said, more of an excuse. Just being honest I guess.

Good to see that it's been a while since you've had things like that :] It took me forever to kick the habit, but I've got the sweets and pizzas (and all the other fatty goods) down to once for every month or two :] Withdrawal was the worst, especially from soda gonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:46 pm
oba bear
Don't feel guilty about your intake :] heart

Also, you had 2 slices of pizza. How often would you say you have pizza? Because when it comes to things like that, there are a lot more things to consider than calories that are more detrimental to your weight loss // health. An average slice of pizza has anywhere between 7-12+ grams of fat in it, and that's WAY more than you should be ingesting. A lot of people pay attention mostly only to the amount of calories something has, but the recommended healthy amount of fat in any thing you eat is 3 or less grams, especially if you're trying to lose weight // maintain a healthy lifestyle. :3

Also, how often do you eat sweets? One kitkat bar has around 220 calories and 11.4 grams of fat :[ And even though it's just one piece of candy (the habit will be tricky to kick, I've been there and I'm still struggling from time to time), just one can be harmful x3 If I have a need for sweets, I try to go for organic and for things like dark chocolate or yogurt. You could also pop a sugar free candy every once and a while. It's a lot like quitting smoking, you just have to substitute it with something else until the cravings disappear x3
That was the first time I had it since about last month. I understand what you mean about fat though. Boxers cut ALL of it from their diet when they train and stuff. As for sweets, it was the first actual sweet I have had this week. The night before I was craving something so bad, but I had an apple. The other reason, which is more of an excuse of why I had the piece of Kit Kat was because it was offered to me by a woman at my work. I sort of didn't want to be rude and throw it out. Like I said, more of an excuse. Just being honest I guess.

Good to see that it's been a while since you've had things like that :] It took me forever to kick the habit, but I've got the sweets and pizzas (and all the other fatty goods) down to once for every month or two :] Withdrawal was the worst, especially from soda gonk
Its torture, but I'm trying to stay disciplined. Once and a while I might have a little something like a small piece of dark chocolate like you suggested. Now I find I things like that kit kat bar don't taste as good as they used to. I just have problems usually with fatty foods. But its like with drugs or alcohol, has to get worked out of your system I suppose. But until then you get with drawl like you mentioned.  

oba bear

oba bear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 am
_____// Saturday - June 30th, 2007

Skipped yesterday because I was really tired and in a bad mood.

_____// Food

Breakfast

Apple - 72 Cal

Lunch

Toasted Cheese Sandwich - 260 Cal [Used a tsp or two of shredded mozzarella and cheddar.]

Snack
Three chicken nuggets - 127 Cal

Total: 459 so far.

_____// Water

1 litre so far, aiming for 2.

_____// Exercise

None yet.

_____// Notes

trying to cut back a lot after a reeeeeeally bad day yesterday. Only three meals and one snack. We'll see how it works.

Weighed myself. Lost 1-3lbs based on my parent's wonky scale. Its digital so it gives weird readings sometimes. Only 19-17lbs left until I get that sweet, sweet Dimmu Borgir CD. Oooooh yeeeeah.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:01 pm
_____// Sunday - July 1st, 2007

Skipped yesterday because I was really tired and in a bad mood.

_____// Food

Breakfast

Toast w/ Peanut Butter - 250 Cal

Lunch

Salad with Zesty Italian spritzer dressing - 15 Cal
Biscuit - 155

Snack
Banana - 105 Cal

Supper
Turkey Pie - 699 Cal
Strawberries - 45 Cal

Snack

Apple - 72 Cal
Blue Corn Chips - 68 Cal

Total: 1409. Ick. Was aiming for 1000 or lower. But considering the calories I'm supposed to consume at the goal weight that I want is 1800, it isn't so bad.

_____// Water

1.5 litres so far, aiming for 2.

_____// Exercise

Watered flowers for my mom, plus I've been running up and down the stairs all day doing stuff.

Going to do lunges, squats, hydrants, leg lifts and crunches. Plus go on the Gazelle if I feel really ambitious.

_____// Notes

Its Canada Daaaaay.

oba bear

oba bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:14 pm
_____// Monday - July 2nd, 2007

_____// Food

Breakfast

Banana - 105 Cal

Lunch

2 Rolls w/ margarine - 178
Nectarine - 70 Cal
Couple of cashews - 10 cal

Snack
Apple - 72 Cal
Couple Blue Corn Chips - 10 Cal

Supper
Chinese food - A s**t load. D:

Total: 445 + how ever much the Chinese food was. Probably around 1300 cal or more. Mostly I had beef and broccoli, but I had other stuff too. ><

_____// Water

1L/2L

_____// Exercise

Same as last night.

_____// Notes

I ate more than I should have, but not as much as I used to and I felt STUFFED. Must be a sign my stomach is a-shrinkin'. Tomorrow I'll have some salad for supper. I just realized after I ate we had some mixed veggies for it in the fridge after I ate that Chinese food.

Also my pants are loose. Either I stretched them out, or I I'm shrinking. I'd like to think the later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:32 pm
Not been keeping my log at all. s**t. I've been so tired after coming home from work I just feel like having supper then going to sleep. I need to work on sleeping like a regular person dammit.  

oba bear

oba bear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:46 pm
_____// Friday - July 20th, 2007

_____// Food

Breakfast

Strawberry Yogurt - 40 Cal
Watermelon - 46 Cal

Lunch

Piece of Bread w/ Hummus - 90 Cal
Yogurt Granola Bar - 140 Cal
Skim Milk - 90 Cal

Snack
Nectarine - 70 Cal
Cherrios Snack Mix - 220 Cal

Supper
Leftover Pizza - 400-500 Cal.
Skim Milk - 90 Cal

Total: 1286 Cal. Might be a bit more. I'm not quite sure.

_____// Water

1.5L/2L

_____// Exercise

Bellydance drills. 32 forward and back eights, 32 shimmies.

_____// Notes

I am such a slacker. But I'm back on track now. I was slipping into bad habits I had before. Not cool. Now I'm back on the wagon.

That leftover pizza is now recking havoc on my stomach. Learned my lesson. No more huge quantities of grease for me. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:27 pm
Once again not putting down what I eat. I'm a bad bear. I've been eating the same as before, except sometimes at supper I slip and eat whatever my parents are eating. Bad idea. But I found a book from The Biggest Loser's tv show that has all this wonderful information and inspirational stuff. I'm going to do the circuit training in it plus try to go for a half an hour walk while I'm at work each day.

Later I'm going to try mixing the circuit training or replacing it with yoga. Its good for flexibility. Plus I'm downloading some belly dance videos that look good. Particularly the Rachel Brice one. Just need to exercise more and watch what it is I'm eating for supper.

oba bear

oba bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:15 pm
Dudes I've lost forty pounds so far. I'm so happy. My land lady, her sister, and some of my family actually noticed too which is sweet. Even better for my birthday I'm getting some sweet DVDs for Bellydance that include yoga too. Two Rachel Brice and Ariellah's. I'mma gonna be movin' like a snaaaake. XD

So hopefully in the next four months I can lose forty more pounds. That would make me so happy.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff