Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Girl Singer or Boy Singer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It sounds better with...
  A guy singing
  A girl singing
  Doesn't really matter
View Results

marrrow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:14 pm
It depends-- my friend sent me a great shounen-ai AMV with "Listen To Your Heart" and I almost cried.

And then I've found tones of great shounen-ai AMVs with bands with dudes for singers.

The vocalist doesn't matter so much as the vibe and lyrics do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 pm
Boy-always boy.  

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Mokai_Shredded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:43 pm
In my opinion the gender of the voice behind the music has nothing to do with the Amv. Like anything, choreographing amvs would essentially be a form of art.When picking a song, that song has to flow together in an even balance with the images you choose to show. Therefore the song you choose for it should be chosen for the content and beat, rather than the gender of the voice behind the music.

So in a matter of speaking, my point was that the gender of the singer doesn't really matter as long as everything flows smoothly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 am
guy singers are better in my opinion cuz they add more feeling into their songs, most girl songs sound almost monotone to me, i dont know why, but they do, plus guys have really cool ranges, that make them sound really awsome and sexy.  

Koneko1234

XxDreams_DesirexX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:31 am
hmm that is a tough one but I dunno I guess it just based on the words on the song
like this AMV it's Loveless and it's a girl singing

]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nk7X87EQOVc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:20 pm
I think ish better with a guy singer >w<  

Tsuki Taken

Komishi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 pm
i prefer guy singers but girls singers put out more stuff so i end up having more girls than guys  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:44 am
Hmm, well I'm used to male voice so I say male.

Enbii

Ks-gun-girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:50 pm
Hmm, I'm not too sure...I've heard both and I don't really have a preference unless I don't like the song itself...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:02 pm
It depends, really, if the song fits well. I mean, it's fine if it's a girls vocals. I just hate it when it's pop songs, or when the song really doesn't fit. Male and female vocals can be equally fitting, as long as the music conveys the right emotion.  

big city tragedy

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:00 am
Male or Female it just needs to carry the same message as the AMV and pull all of the right emotions.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:58 am
I have a hard time finding songs sung by males that I like that don't actually use female pronouns. Like, Hard to Concentrate by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of my favorite love songs, but Kiedis frequently uses lines like "all I want is for you to be happy and take this woman and make you my family..." so it wouldn't work. (I want to use it for a Tamaki/Haruhi AMV, though whee )

I haven't made a serious AMV yet, but I want to make a Gwendal/Gunter to As Long as You're Mine from Wicked, which is a love song between Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West), and Fiyero (not telling who he is in case someone wants to see it), for those of you who haven't seen Wicked. Obviously, Idina Menzel/Elphaba is a girl. However, I can picture Gunter with a high-pitched voice, especially since his English voice isn't exactly deep.

Long story short, if you've got a relatively feminine character involved in the pairing, a female vocalist should work just fine...but if you can actually find a good song by a male singer, use it.

but my advice might not be the best, considering how...messed up my AMVs are. I've done The Ding Dong Song (Gunter as Gunther, Gwendal as the Sunshine Girls, the poor thing), and Popular as sung by Yozak...and I'm working on Gwendal singing Milkshake...the Kelis version. Because I am evil and like Gwendal with a woman voice XD.  

Komurin Your Face

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:00 am
male or female it doesn't matter to me as long as ther music is good  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:16 pm
Hmmm.
It depends on the mood of the song...
Gender isn't really important when it comes to amv's for me.

but of course, it must have the yaoi-yummy goods whee .  

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

aa_beatrix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:10 am
protecterofelements
male or female it doesn't matter to me as long as ther music is good

3nodding  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash