Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Is liking anime a crime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AnimPsm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:27 pm
^whare did you get that anime chick in yoru sig?

anime  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:02 pm
AnimPsm

I got it at www.last.fm . In this place you can create a sig, download a Winamp plugin, and use it to tell the world which were the last few songs you listened to.

The image I got is called "Haruhi iPod 2", obviously, from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya smile Once you have your account, copy my sig's URL, replace "Da_Nuke" with your username, and you should be all done.  

Da_Nuke

AnimPsm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:55 pm
Da_Nuke
AnimPsm

I got it at www.last.fm . In this place you can create a sig, download a Winamp plugin, and use it to tell the world which were the last few songs you listened to.

The image I got is called "Haruhi iPod 2", obviously, from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya smile Once you have your account, copy my sig's URL, replace "Da_Nuke" with your username, and you should be all done.

cool thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:44 pm
I think that liking anime never was and never should be a crime because I believe in people being able to be themselves(freedom of expression, in other words).  

xXxAkiko-HarunoxXx

darkness323

6,800 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:57 pm
people shouldnt call liking anime a crime. you cant criticise things if you dont know what it is. you have to give it a chance before you make fun of it or anything like that.....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 pm
here here l^l  

AnimPsm

Otholon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:05 pm
darkness323
people shouldnt call liking anime a crime. you cant criticise things if you dont know what it is. you have to give it a chance before you make fun of it or anything like that.....

My toughts exactly. And thanks for the cool sig address, Da_Nuke razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:16 am
My policy with people like that is to just ignore them. I've learned that with people who criticize other peoples hobbies, if you don't give them the gratification of a response, they'll get bored and leave. Mind you, there is the other option of telling them to die and going psycho on them. But I seriously advise against it. It'll just prove them right in their, minds and it'll just make the rest of us look bad.  

Guristas Associates

Otholon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:53 pm
Kawazoe Masahiro
My policy with people like that is to just ignore them. I've learned that with people who criticize other peoples hobbies, if you don't give them the gratification of a response, they'll get bored and leave. Mind you, there is the other option of telling them to die and going psycho on them. But I seriously advise against it. It'll just prove them right in their, minds and it'll just make the rest of us look bad.

That's exactly what I do. I keep it to myself, unless they keep doing it, and too close to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 pm
it doesn't make you a freak unless you cant tell the difference between reality and fantasy  

sillydave

Peggysan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:36 pm
Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that as long as you are different in anyway from a few person's beliefs, they're gonna trash it and you. I know what it's like to be surrounded by people who hate what you love, and as far as I can tell, trashing (as you put it) is just an immature way to express how you feel about it. Loving anything doesn't make you a loser, but using it to escape reality does. I'm surprised that there are enough non-anime fans on Gaia to trash anime, but I guess I've been spoilt by guilds. What I'm saying is, just ignore the ignorant. Don't care about what they think.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:49 pm
they only say that because they cant see past that its drawn not live action  

snuffdapunk4life

Fuka Narutaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:51 pm
Chaos. Panic. Love.
Ok, so so far in the forums people have been trashing people who like anime, saying that they're losers, and telling them to get a life.
Im thinking "wtf? you're the ones who need to get a life!"
seriously guys, what the heck is wrong with those people?
We dont go around bashing stuff they like.
Oh well, still, does anyone think liking anime is a crime? (or makes you a loser?)

It takes one simple thing to ignore the bashing: Don't care what everyone else thinks.

I tried seperating myself from your average otaku but the fact of the matter is, i'm an otaku too. I may not seem like one but i am one. I actually had the time to hang around a crowd of Otaku recently (not at Anime Expo 2007 though, maybe next year) and i forgot how nice they can be. I had not been to a convention since AX in 2000.

It has given me the chance to realize that i should start hanging around these people more often. I guess it's because of the way we are seperated from the rest of the world that people pick on us and such.

I simply don't care what you think though.

Ask this; Do they provide the money and time you put in for your collection in Anime? SO why should you care about what they think?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:03 pm
thats not even a question of corse it isnt a crime or weird  

sirnoobkiller

Lady_Crims

Friendly Fairy

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:05 am
Liking anime is never a crime and it dose not make you a loser. For someone to say that is just worng they should keep it to them selfs. Like my teachers always say "If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all."  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff