Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SHOULD I BE ALLOWED TO DRESS AS I WANT?
  yes
  no
View Results

xXscreamXurXheartXoutXx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:52 pm
yeh people shoul be able to dress the way they want but not if it is going to make you look like a skank..lol srry but that would  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:51 am
Psh!......I dress however the Hell I want....I put on my make up however the hell I want and I act however the hell I want!.....I wear Mini Skirts, I Draw Spider webs on the side of my face with eyeliner for fun and if people got a problem with it at my school.....Smack 'em accross the face and tell tell them to go fnck themselves.....And my grades are good too.....if idiots feel like picturing me in there mind all day instead of trying to get a nice future that's there problem Not Mine!..........and plus the fact I wear Spicky Gauntlets every day so if someone does try to Rape Me....there face is gonna hurt for a while........basicly the idea with me is either be scared and avoid me, Rape me and Die, or accept and befriend me...simple as that. as long as your not standing on the street waiting for someone to pick you up, it doesn't really matter. your true friends are the poeple that can see past how you dress and exept it. I just find it funny how so many poeple think I'm like the prettiest girl at my school...oh well!^^ let that be a lesson to some of yaz!......  

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:09 am
My take on the subject-

I do believe in freedom of speech, and self expression.

But school is a place of learning. You don't NEED to dress how you want in order to learn. You won't learn more because you dress the way you want, nor will you learn faster, nor more thoroughly. Self-expression in fashion at school has no purpose other than self-satisfaction and representation.

In short, school is a place of learning. Play dress-up elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 am
I believe that dress codes do have thier place. They help to keep the school and its students looking 'decent'.

Unfortunately, my school dosn't really enforce many of its rules. Though, I personally am glad that the administration never calls me out on the "no distracting clothing" rule (I'm the schools eccentric...), there are some rules that I do wish they would enforce. I always see girls in my school eho are scantly dressed, and boys whose pants fall well below thier bums, revealing thier boxers. Quite frankly, I don't really need to see what my classmates cleavage looks like, nor what type of undergarments they are wearing. talk2hand

Though I think some dress code rules are just plain silly... like banning tank tops and hooded sweatshirts... other rules do have thier place. They keep students from having to see things that they don't want or need to see in school.  

DreamerSpirit

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:44 pm
GilAskan
My take on the subject-

But school is a place of learning. You don't NEED to dress how you want in order to learn. You won't learn more because you dress the way you want, nor will you learn faster, nor more thoroughly. Self-expression in fashion at school has no purpose other than self-satisfaction and representation.

stare ...so your saying that we should all just go to school in our underpants? blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Manah Uchiha
GilAskan
My take on the subject-

stare ...so your saying that we should all just go to school in our underpants? blaugh

lulz meybee.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:44 pm
Personally, I feel a bit better when I dress the way I like to. It's not necessary, but it's something I like doing.

But if the way one dresses interferes with the dress code, it's not worth complaining or lobbying over. If my mirrored shades became unacceptable tomorrow (say, due to people thinking that their privacy may be invaded), I'd just have to accept it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 pm
i wont wear a uniform. i refuse.
because usually uniforms include button down shirts.
no. i physically cant wear them.
my chest is too big for them.
plus, they're not always modest, seeing as the shirts are sometimes see-through.

but no one cares what i wear anymore, i go to cyber school.  

mechanical kitsy

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:54 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
plus, they're not always modest, seeing as the shirts are sometimes see-through.

Cyber School?.... confused ...Manah is Confused.....again.... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:47 pm
Manah Uchiha
xXx kitsy xXx

Cyber School?.... confused ...Manah is Confused.....again.... xd

cyber school= all classes online. the only time i go to a school-like area is for taking midterms and finals.  

mechanical kitsy

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:49 pm
Manah Uchiha
GilAskan
My take on the subject-

well, i can... all i gotta do is turn on the compy and log in and im in school xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm
I believe that school uniforms force students to find more creative ways to express themselves other than the way they dress. I also believe every school should have uniforms.  

J-Rock God

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 pm
I'm having the same problem at my school since we are getting uniforms next year. It going to include a solid color button down shirt, solid color pants/skirts, and rubber soled tennis shoes or loafers. The reason they had to change it was because of all the kids wearing sagging pants and over-sized shirts and for all the girls who kept wearing skirts/shorts were you could see there asses hanging out. Then they got on my friends and my case because we had spiked collars and some not really spiky boots on. So they changed it to give a better appearance and make our school seem more professional looking. I was against it when they made minor changes last year because well it was so sudden and it was ridiculous since we had to put out spiked stuff in our lockers. But I got over it because well I thought about it logically. We will most likely have a dress code when we have a job and can't wear what we always want to wear. But it is just school and I'm not here to impress anyone. So I just stopped wearing my spiked things because they started to take them away and give them back at the end of the day because they were enforcing the rule changes. And well I thought it was too much trouble to go to the office everyday to get my things back. School is short....well not really but you are only there to learn and it won't hurt to follow the code because after school you are free to dress and express oneself when they get to take the clothes off.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff