Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Not-so-Great British TV Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpidersAndSprinkles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 pm
You mean like BB? How poor is that this year?
Gutted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:48 pm
Emmanuela
Shadow of an Illusion
Foetus In Fetu
All I watch is Doctor Who. neutral

Me too.

Actually I lie, I watched Hey Arthur and Stupid the other day. But it wasn't my choice, I was at someones house. Whoo! Childrens programs! I think Stupid could single handedley be the cause of the increase in behavioral problems, there was a king and his butler gargoyle (who were quite funny) that glorified children throwing things at teachers or randomly attacking people.

I used to watch it, some stuff is quite amusing but sometimes it's just OTT. I didn't know they were still showing it, actually.

I saw it again. This time some of the more pointless clips had been replaced making it a bit closer to Dead Ringers. And it was really good. They put in a few more "grown up" jokes in too, I love how they get sneaked into childrens tv. And there was a storyline, the butler gargoyle joined Fiends Reunited.

I'm probably a little too enthuasiastic. But it was good!  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 pm
Actually if you watch some of the programmes we watched as kids, you'll probably find that there's a shocking amount of innuendo.

That's always been my experience, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:44 am
Foetus In Fetu
Actually if you watch some of the programmes we watched as kids, you'll probably find that there's a shocking amount of innuendo.

That's always been my experience, anyway.

In your endo. xp . You still get it now and then, the odd joke for the adults in kid's tv shows. Nothing beats rainbow though.  

Rev.Matt

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:40 pm
mr gimp
Invictus_88
Big Brother.

stare
I like Big Brother. sweatdrop
Me too. It's too much of an easy target, I think.

Zogoto
I suggest they re run all the Young ons series!
What, all two of them?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:49 pm
Gary X
The only things I really watch are Doctor Who; CSI; House and Hustle when it was being shown. So not bad really, two American shows. But House has Hugh Laurie starring- therefore we win! xd

Yes! Uhh...House, when it was on, and Mock the Week (I never seem to watch it when it's on though; I watch it on Catch Up TV). Um...other than that...Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye on occasion...and that's about it. -Prefers the internet anyway.-

Ithaya

Rikku de Lioncourt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 pm
Mock the Week is brill XD <3

As for not-so-great... I'd have to say Big Brother. ._.; I didn't really like Little Britain either but that's probably because it wasn't my kinda' thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:52 pm
I'm sure your aversion to Little Britain just stems from the fact that it's crap.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:14 pm
Omg, I was hungover today and so ended up watching a programme that was surely commisioned by Satan himself.

twisted twisted twisted twisted "That Antony Cotton Show" twisted twisted twisted twisted

He's the gay one off Corrie and I'm fairly sure that the gayness was the only reason he got offered the job. Pure crap. Not even in a campy crap Paul O' Grady way, just crap. It made my hangover worse.

Why ITV, WHY??!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:14 pm
ficklefiend
Omg, I was hungover today and so ended up watching a programme that was surely commisioned by Satan himself.

twisted twisted twisted twisted "That Antony Cotton Show" twisted twisted twisted twisted

He's the gay one off Corrie and I'm fairly sure that the gayness was the only reason he got offered the job. Pure crap. Not even in a campy crap Paul O' Grady way, just crap. It made my hangover worse.

Why ITV, WHY??!

I saw that earlier. He's constantly stuttering and fluffing his lines. He seems like he really doesn't want to be there. I guess they thought people loved him and decided to try make money out of it.

Bring back Paul O' Grady!

Rikku de Lioncourt

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:30 pm
Foetus In Fetu
I'm sure your aversion to Little Britain just stems from the fact that it's crap.

~applauds~  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 pm
Foetus In Fetu

Eh, it was quite funny when it was fresh and new: about one series, I think. While it was still stuck out in the dustbin of programming following Monkey Dust [MD was the superior comedy show but would have never broken into the mainstream]. Then the jokes became overdone, stale and crap.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:54 am
Yeah I liked the first series but now it's really boring and OTT  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:31 pm
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu

Eh, it was quite funny when it was fresh and new: about one series, I think. While it was still stuck out in the dustbin of programming following Monkey Dust [MD was the superior comedy show but would have never broken into the mainstream]. Then the jokes became overdone, stale and crap.

As is prone to happen on... catchphrase comedy.

Yeah, I went there.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Lapinporokoira

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:20 pm
Rikku de Lioncourt
Mock the Week is brill XD <3

As for not-so-great... I'd have to say Big Brother. ._.; I didn't really like Little Britain either but that's probably because it wasn't my kinda' thing.

Indeed it is. The one thing we Brits are good at is satirising news topics.

Dara loves Konnie...
ninja

I've been watching the run of the new Hell's kitchen. Don't think much of the replacement Marco. He has a serious crush on JD. As for the man himself, Jim Davidson disgusts me. I always knew he had backwards ideals but his blatant nastiness is over the top, glad he got thrown out. All that me, me, me , homosexual card BS made me want to wallop him.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff