New Series? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MagnusHansen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:30 pm
Emi Uoza
No, what with Roddenberry being dead and Enterprise being a smashing failure... I think it's pretty over as far as series go.

QFT

Star Trek died at Nemesis as far as I'm concerned. Enterprise was an embarrassment on Trek... they bowed to "pop-culture" and made a lot of bad discions with it. There's a rant of what I thought went wrong with Enterprise somewhere on these boards... as I'm sure others have posted theirs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:05 am
I would think that with the failure of Enterprise, the producers at CBS would be pouncing on making a new series. Hello, we would all be tuning in! Maybe once the initial shock dies down, they'll start making a new series. And I totally agree with Redtail Rathan, I would tatally be an ension expenable!  

Red Roses in December

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:52 am
batgirlblond
I would totally be an ensign expendable!

Me too. I'd perfer her to be Vulcan but w/e.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 pm
MagnusHansen
Emi Uoza
No, what with Roddenberry being dead and Enterprise being a smashing failure... I think it's pretty over as far as series go.

QFT
Star Trek died at Nemesis as far as I'm concerned. Enterprise was an embarrassment on Trek... they bowed to "pop-culture" and made a lot of bad discions with it. There's a rant of what I thought went wrong with Enterprise somewhere on these boards... as I'm sure others have posted theirs.

I don't count Enterprise either.
Except T'pol- I love that name.  

Emi Uoza

sensei_ken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:15 pm
If you want to see a fan created series check out Star Trek Hidden Frontier. There are 7 seasons out and they just wrapped up the series finale. They are going to star making a new series soon.

The other good one is Star Trek New Voyages as mentioned in earlier posts. The latest episode will be out soon. They seem to get a lot of trek actors since they are the most credible. George Takei is in the last one (Hikaru Sulu). They will have Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) in the next one. I think they will be getting the actor that played General Martok in a future episode.

The other series that I have seen are Star Trek USS Farragut and Star Trek Intrepid. Farragut is pretty good, Intrepid has cheap sound.

www.startreknewvoyages.com
www.hiddenfrontier.com
www.starshipfarragut.com
www.ussintrepid.net

I have seen other, however, most don't have full episodes or say they are in development.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:53 am
Emi Uoza
MagnusHansen
Emi Uoza

QFT

I don't count Enterprise either.
Except T'pol- I love that name.

Yeah, I'm quite sure they used the "name" T'pol countless times in the years of Trek. I think it was even a Romulan's name at one time or another. Hmmmm...  

MagnusHansen

Kristof Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:18 pm
Personally, I really enjoy the Voyager virtual seasons 8 and 9 (don't know the website, sorry)

I'm going to keep hoping that in a decade or two they'll pick up some strings from Voyager and do a 30th C (or so) one.. that would be cool. Crossovers!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:12 pm
Quothe the Raven never more.
I love Startrek and everything but maybe it is time to hang up the ropes for a while. They should make several movies for DS9 and Voyager before they start a new series. And what ever they do they shouldn't listen to trekies who get thier noses bent out of joint because they suddenly don't know everything about StarTrek. That is the reason Enterprise didn't last.  

TiagoBrazil

Jean_Luc_Picard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:22 am
paramount in association with rick berman said that there will be no more tvshows but there will be more movies like XI in 08!!!!!!!! im so excited  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm
i hope not after the crashing failure of Enterprise. that series sucked drastically. Sorry to those fans, but it was all wrong, the timeline!  

The Angry Therapist

Kizzeh

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:47 am
I have trouble with Enterprise to and I am not a star trek vet either(I would not say i am anyways)But I even know the time line.I never really warmed up to any of the characters on that show as I did the other series,the captain would be someone I would never go out into space with.Even if the earth was said to be nothing but molten lava then blow up!As for a new Star Trek series?Or at least try I really hope they do because tv stinks and star trek is all I like on tv lately cool .  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:48 am
Emi Uoza

I liked Enterprise. emo
There were some problems (timeline lol) but the plot was interesting.  

Subspace Interference

Miral Paris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:23 pm
I've been doing my research (there's a surprise), and according to various news sites, CBS has indicated plans for an animated television series set sometime in the 25th century. Now, you can't 100% trust news websites or blogs, but all the relatively accurate Star Trek sites I've been to have similar information. So basically everyone seems to think that's the future game plan.

Personally, I really don't want another animated series, primetime or otherwise. I just don't get attached to animation the way I do with live action.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 am
Redtail Rathan
batgirlblond
I wis that they could get the fans to create a series, just have a website and have all of us ake a movie. Twoud' be cool, but nevermore.

Quoth the Raven. xd

They should make another Star Trek series, but ask the fans for ideas. Maybe at some ST conventions.

Hell, I'd even sign up to be an ensign that dies within the first ten the 15 minutes.

But I bet ST will start getting more fame once Star Trek XI comes out.

I agree with them completely. biggrin  

Maria Stark

Wizard Kittie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:20 pm
A new, fan-powered series would be bossome!!! {boss+awesome=bossome}

crying Series are bombing so far, though...I wish Gene were back!!! crying  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers