Losses Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:30 am
"Neither is getting you head lopped off." Gaston remarks. "See, the trick is to find some kind of happy medium between the boredom and the fun."

He grins. "It takes practice, but one can eventually entertain oneself without risking life and limb. Just be careful in your choice of hobby."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:09 pm
"All too true sadly." Luana gave a small shrug, not seeming to care all that much, no she didn't want to die, but she wasn't horribly worried about it. She did what she could to stay around but wasn't paranoid, she had known others to be overly jumpy, they never lasted long oddly.

That got Phoenix to shake her head, "Nuts, all nuts, I swear everyone is." She took a sip of her coffee cringing slightly at the strength, "Quietness is good, so is avoiding people, course I keep getting told that won't help, and it hasn't been since I moved here. This place I swear has a neon sign somewhere telling everyone to be here, it's annoying."

"Ah, I think it amusing as of far, get to talk to some I haven't seen in a good number of years, make new friends in strange ways, though I rather not get pinned to a tree again, that was painful."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:42 pm
"I was shot by 30mm cannon fire once." Gaston responds. "That's not especially pleasant either. I barely managed to stay conscious long enough to land the SBD I was flying on a carrier. World War II was an especially painful time, injury wise."

Gaston grins Phoenix's way. "If you show me ONE person in this world that isn't nuts, then I'll show you a person who's been asleep for a very very long time. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, I could use a nap myself."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:29 am
"I always stayed out of all the wars, they were foolish, both upset me given the stupidity of my home land." She shook her head slightly in distaste, then noticed Phoenix rolling her eyes, "Oh be thankful you missed all of that."

"I am, trust me, big time." She paused a moment at Gaston's second statement, "Well that's no fair, it's impossible! Everyone's nuts in some way or another, it's if they admit it or not."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:18 pm
Gaston laughs at Phoenix's response. "Of course no one's going to admit to being insane. I make it a point to never admit to any of my shortcomings...that way, it's much much easier to claim it is someone else's fault whenever something goes wrong."

He also nods sympathetically to Luana. "That's the trouble with homelands sometimes...they lose their spirit. I was raised in the time of Napoleon for example, and watched France slowly slide downhill. It's sad. Most mortals could be so much better than they are, yet they won't make the effort."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:45 pm
"Eh,I'll admit my faults without a pause, I don't care all that much." Phoenix shrugged on it, she was truthful at that, she had no problem with telling people her problems, none at all.

Luana gave a sad shake of her head, "It's so depressing though, once upon a time Germany was respectable, now it's pathetic."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:34 am
Gaston chuckles. "Oh come now, Germany isn't all that bad nowadays. Ever since the wall came down, the country has made great strides. If anything, the trauma of two world wars has left it's mark. I seriously doubt that anyone in the world would be willing to take on anything on that scale again anytime soon."

A beat. "Smaller wars, acts of terrorism, secretly fought conflicts...that'll be about it. It's a step forward, albeit a small one."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:45 am
"You'll have such cheerful talks, I mean like the day hasn't been depressing enough already, lets add to it." Phoenix was shaking her head slightly, though looking slightly amused none the less, about what was anyone's guess.

Luana smiled eerily at that, "It's all the same, but yes, lets more on for the sake of little Draka's sanity."

A scoff in answer, "Hey! I'm sane, you're just not a morning person."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:21 pm
"Sanity is very much over rated and nowhere near worth all the effort people put into it, if you ask me." Gaston responds as he finishes off his coffee.

"But a change in subject I can deal with." He adds. "Vacations! How about we talk about vacations. They're usually a pretty good subject...I'm about to take one, you know."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:19 am
"I need one." Phoenix chirped up quickly, "Badly." She nodded as if to prove her point even, "Very very badly."

Luana shook her head before responding, "Where to?"

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:10 pm
Gaston grins at Phoenix. "Yes, you are looking a little frazzled. I don't suppose Disneyland would do the trick?" He winks. Yes, that's a joke.

Responding to Luana, Gaston says. "Japan...one of the few parts of the mountain provinces not totally modernized and/or urbanized. An older Immortal taught me a great deal last time I was there...philosophy, martial arts, a way of life, you get the idea. I've been thinking a lot lately that a rebirth of those teachings would do me a lot of good."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:47 am
"Never honestly been there, Japan that is, meant to a while back but never got around to it sadly enough." Responded Luana with a small shrug, "I hear it's nice though."

Phoenix took a sip of her cooling tea, "I'd get lost, very lost, and it's a freaky language I don't know, that's okay, and hell no to Disneyland."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:23 pm
"It's definitely one of the more beautiful spots in the world, this is for sure. Very serene, lots of history...the perfect place to examine your past and begin to redifine your future." Gaston chuckles. "I may have to start writing haiku again."

He grins at Phoenix then looks back to Luana. "It seems that your lovely student is not totally enthused at the prospect of having Goofy on one elbow and Donald Duck on the other." He winks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:08 pm
The last statement has poor timing given she had went to take a sip of her drink and choked, "Student?! No, never, ever, ever, no, Heir Adam's taken her as a student, I'd kill her in a week." Luana was looking horrified at the thought, her put try to teach Phoenix anything at all, it's never happen.

Phoenix was in a giggle fit, what was so funny was anyone's guess, but she was cracking up over it, she would have said something but she was laughing to hard, getting some people to look over at the table.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:04 am
"ADAM?!"

"You're letting Adam teach her?" Gaston's exclamation is more of good natured surprise than anything else. "Have you ever actually met the smarmy old letch? He's going to be a horrible influence on poor Phoenix, you realize."

He grins. "I should know...he taught me too."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces