Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
black wedding Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is it okay to have a black gothic wedding?
  yes
  no
View Results

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:11 am
I've never heard the term "black wedding" before, to be honest. Is there a deeper thing to it other than wearing a black dress instead of a white one?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:53 am
It's what the people who are getting married want, not what others think, so no, there's nothing wrong with a black wedding.  

necromancy14

Scathach789

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:47 am
Get married however you wish. I'm personally having a ceremony for about 20 in a gothic castle in Prauge and wearing a black/gold/red wedding dress. Do as you wish and let no one stop you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 pm
thats what i am having when i get married black is the s**t xd  

dante_reincarnation15

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:50 pm
Is it okay? It's your wedding.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:40 pm
DR490N
double standards are a strange little thing.
Here here.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:50 am
I2aeth
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

The white wedding dress is a bit too distasteful for my own taste: the white symbolises purity eg: here's your shiny new wife all pure and virginal. Whereas the guy doesn't have to proclaim his status to all and sundry (not that is particularly true nowadays really xd ) in his getup

Notice the word "virginal."

It's common nowadays for more and more brides to have non-white dresses because they aren't a virgin anyways. However, "traditional" values dictate no sex before marriage and all that, so a bride's dress is "tradtionally" white because they shouldn't have been sleeping around.

I never got that. I want my wedding to be lime green and black. Or maybe aquamarine and black(because, theoretically speaking, if I got married, I'd be getting married to the man I currently love, and he likes aquamarine. <3)

Or something like that. If I ever got married, period.... XD

I'd like a green and black striped tuxedo please. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:21 am
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
I2aeth
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

The white wedding dress is a bit too distasteful for my own taste: the white symbolises purity eg: here's your shiny new wife all pure and virginal. Whereas the guy doesn't have to proclaim his status to all and sundry (not that is particularly true nowadays really xd ) in his getup

It's common nowadays for more and more brides to have non-white dresses because they aren't a virgin anyways. However, "traditional" values dictate no sex before marriage and all that, so a bride's dress is "tradtionally" white because they shouldn't have been sleeping around.

I never got that. I want my wedding to be lime green and black. Or maybe aquamarine and black(because, theoretically speaking, if I got married, I'd be getting married to the man I currently love, and he likes aquamarine. <3)

Lol, to be honest, I'm not even sure if I'd go with the tux - maybe a poet shirt and a vest, instead whee  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:00 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I2aeth
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

Lol, to be honest, I'm not even sure if I'd go with the tux - maybe a poet shirt and a vest, instead whee

What's a poet shirt? :F  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I2aeth
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

What's a poet shirt? :F

Something like this:

http://www.pirates-cave.com/poet pirate shirt i1336zL.jpg  

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:42 pm
yes i think tis fine, why wouldnt it be? have what you want tis your wedding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:44 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I2aeth
Isobel Bellamy
Sure? Why not?

Nice. smile  

Henneth Annun
Captain

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:47 am
bump!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:41 pm
I didn't read all of the posts (my computer is a bit touchy lately, and didn't load them all), so this may have already been mentioned-

The "white wedding" concept is really only a little more than 100 years old. Most weddings usually either had a color theme or were in just plain black until the mid-Victorian era, in which upper-society types began wearing white wedding dresses. The style didn't become widely used by the general public until the 1920's.

Given the popularity of Victorian fashion within the goth scene, having an early-Victorian style wedding of all black (or color themed) wouldn't be all too out of place.  

GilAskan
Crew

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas