Reply Advice & Academic Studies
What to do with a crush on your best friend?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tjaydestroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:16 pm
I need help...Theres a girl that ive liked since i met her. I never got a chance to tell her and now she has a bf...what should i do?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:09 pm
(To both) Tell them. Honest to God, tell them. If you're that good of friends, it won't hurt anything. It'll only be awkward if you make it so. Just tell themand continue acting the way you do now. It's their turn to make the next move. It may even turn out they like you too. Just don't let it sit there making things awkward for you or getting your heart broken everytime they date someone else. =.=  

Raven_Roses8

tjaydestroyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:23 pm
omg thx  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:17 am
Definitely tell. If he's a good friend, whether he likes you back or not, it should be okay afterwards. (You could end up dating him, or you could still just be his friend)  

AlwaysHiei

flor del corazon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:19 pm
AlwaysHiei
Definitely tell. If he's a good friend, whether he likes you back or not, it should be okay afterwards. (You could end up dating him, or you could still just be his friend)

agreed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:21 pm
in my opinion you liking him is just being good friends,i had the same problem with a chick i had been friends with since like 2nd grade,it was just me liking her,she didnt like me,but maybe you should just ask him out,you never know,just cuz ive had problems doesnt mean you will theres no certain way with love,just go with instinct  

vampslayer3

Elmihy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm
Oh... I have the same problem (or had) XD But... it differs with everyone. It matters on age, social group, and a lot of other things. Personally, I'd ignore it (yes, I know it's hard) because that way you get to be with him a lot and he's still nice to you (which is sometimes rare in a crush). you also can watch him more and see if he does like you (but don't delusion yourself and think that everything he does means that he likes you). Also, if you tell him there are two polar consequences. One is that he like you too and you become a happy couple (which will probably inevitably break up) OR he doesn't like you and you both feel awkward around eachother and your friendship is scarred a little bit (but the wound might heal over time). Remember, crushes come and go, and this one will eventually go. I might type more later... but I don't have the time right now... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:15 pm
I'd flirt with him for a couple of days, and if he hasn't noticed, just come out and tell him how you feel about him.  

Beat of Angels

Divine Sex Symbol

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:41 pm
Reayasha
well he's very mature about break ups (he dated my twin nina in 5th grade, broke up still in 5th, before i meet him and became my best friend in 6th. it's only this year that ive begone to like him) hes still friends with her and his girlfriend that just broke up.both our moms tries to get us together all the time weve told them we dont want to hurt our friendship. thats wen i started to like him. but its a very small crush and i think it could just be im getting closer to him. I just dont know. stare

He's dated your sister. It'd be kinda creepy if you did too. My friends and I have always had an unwritten rule that we don't date eachother's "left overs".
I dated my best friend... We're still friends but its still weird. I really regret it. Another best friend that I dated... Lets say I never wanna hear/see him again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:15 pm
I'm saying this from personal experience. wait. and if the feelings still come? then tell him. There will be no guarantee, but at least you can't say you never tried. My experience with this didn't really end well. But my sister and her best friend got married a couple of years back and they're still together.  

deciduzz

Elmihy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:11 pm
Ooooh... how sweet.
Well, I'll probably need more information to make my "diagnosis," but it really matters if you think he likes you back.
Actually, scratch that. You like him, and he's your friend, so you're going to think he likes you no matter what.
I know this might sound hard for you, but it's a crush, and at most it'll last a couple of weeks. If you start acting wierdly around him (flirting) then he'll get freaked out if he doesn't like you, and you'll be left with one friend left after the crush is over. I was in the same situation as you once, and flirting got me nowhere...
Even if he does like you, and you have to flirt, flirt in small ways. For example, don't chase him around the lunchroom and have other girls calling you a slut. If he responds by ACTUALLY FLIRTING, you can tell that he's picked up on your signals. Once again, don't go to big. A boyfriend who might only last a couple of months is worth less than a best friend that will last forever. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:58 am
thank you everyone that helped me out, the problum has been solved! i no longer like him and Im glad. Thanks again  

Reayasha

Advice & Academic Studies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces