Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
$1,000,000 dollars in a case, take it or leave it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Take it or leave it?
  Take it!
  Leave it...
  Umm......throw it all up in the air!
  Paint each bill a different colour and arrange in a picture.
View Results

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:56 pm
I would leave the case where it is. What need have I for all that cash? I've got my intelligence and work ethic to earn my own money properly. I've got true love to keep me happy. I've got freedom to be myself. I've got all I need. I am extremely priviledged.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:58 pm
I would take it, and put the money in seperate locations hidden about my house. I would also make several seperate bank accounts, holding inconspicuous amounts, whilst using it to retire early, and spend the rest of my life living a quiet, earnest life, creating works of art, and having a good time.  

Bloody Loon

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:51 pm
Well, this kind of money would be a nice thing to have, but wouldn't last long in reality if you tried to live off of it soley.

Hrm...really. I would have to say that I would stay around the area for a while and see if anyone walks up and takes it. If they do, it now belongs to them.
But after an hour, and if no one shows up, I would take it and go.
I would only keep about 400,000$ and put the other 600,000$ out on the street somehwere for someone else to find. Let them do what they want with it.
I would then take most of the money I kept, spend it on a nice computer, or five. Get my girlfriend a car, as well as I one. Invest in some stocks, then get an apartment, and use the money to buy some nice furnishings.

All in all, I just want to get a nice place, some nice things, and call it good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 am
XWraith_LordX
You're walking along the street oneday and you find a silver case, inside is 1,000,000 dollars (or the equivelant of that in your currency) and it doesn't seem to belong to anyone around you.

Would you keep the case, or try to find who it belonged to? If you kept it, what would you do with all that money? If you tried to return it, what were your reasons for doing so? *Keep in mind the money could belong to the Mafia, so choose your answer wisely*

Oh, I'd definitely keep it, and immediately deposit it into a Swiss bank account or one in the Cayman Islands. Best security around, no one would know I had it, and no one would find out for quite some time. Can you imagine the interest that would earn?!?!

I wouldn't touch a penny of it for about 5 years or more, and then I'd only take out a bit here and there. Unless someone had directly seen me pick up the case and walk away with it, they'd have no clue I ever saw the money to begin with.

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

_S_P_I_K_E_B_A_N_D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:02 am
I'd take it. And then I would put 900,000 of it in a savings account, preferably a high interest one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:23 pm
i would take the money and hope that the mofia came to get it back then i could kill a few people again  

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

arya241

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:57 pm
i take it and help my mom get out of the pit my dad put her in and then go shopping then save some for my education and then save the rest of it  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:06 pm
Honestly, I would also either leave it where it is or turn it in to the police, mainly because I don't need the money to afford my education for college.  

Haeros

Byrn_in_hel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:57 pm
I'd take enough to pay for college, then take a couple thousand and go on a shopping spree, then turn in the rest, with a note at the bottom reading "Next time take better care of your cash dumbass!" for the owner to find when they get it back.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:04 am
keep it all move up north and buy a s**t load of painting supplies and a car, maybe some clothes, new computers every damn video game i wanted every consol i wanted, and as for the mob
my neighboor took it ir the man down the street eigther way it wasnt me besides if someone is that stupid for leaving a suitcase full of cash they deserve to have it taken honestly you dont just leave something like that lying around lol.
and im SO thankful i dont need to blow this on tuition seeing as i get college/ university for freeeeeee sweet zombie jesus!  

xX x0mbie Xx

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:53 am
Take the money and run. If I wanted to give some back, I'd proably just take half and give the other half to the police. Seems fair enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:49 am
Lolz, I love how the poll generates no votes for Spanish.
That's because it's the ugliest language in all of our history.

Anyway, I'd try to return it because that's the right thing to do. Keep in mind trying to return it means placing actual advertisements of having found a substantial amount of money - of course, one wouldn't specify how much in case you get people who try to pull a fast one on you - and not knowing who the owner is. I don't recall the amount of time, but once a certain amount of time passes without finding the owner I'd be entitled to keep it.

In that case, I would pay off my education. Fund my parents for either fixing the glitches in our current house, or buying a different house. Pay for my brother's education. Buy myself a house - which would also serve as my funeral home and would need equipment stocking - and my brother one as well. Anything that might be left would be given to God.

P.S. I love how greedy and unthoughtful most of the people who replied to this thread are.

User Image

MortSanglant

shayde darkmoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:16 pm
take the money as for if it belongs to the mafia or a gang i have enough swords/wepons to keep safe(pluse you could hire body gaurds)
i would use it for school and to support my family and friends  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 am
odds are it's ransom money so i might not want to get involved although the idea of terning it into the police and if they cant figure out whats going on eventually getting it back does seem like a good idea. just ask them to keep it quite.  

AEtherclaw

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces