Well, for one, anime has made me much more open-minded about trying something new. Why? Because, let's admit it: you have to be willing to try something different in order to enjoy it. That's because the base of anime is early Western animation, but 40 years of separate evolution from American cartoons, plus the influence of Japanese culture, have turned it into something very different from what most people are used to. What does that has to do with me? Simple. If I want to know something, I must try it beforehand, then I form my opinion about that.

Also, anime is a great way to relax after a long day. This exotic goodness I discussed above is really appealing to me, and every time I watch it, I feel like I'm watching something unique, something I know I won't find somewhere else.

And of course, this has led me to some good and uncomfortable moments. On the good side, since nobody seems to appreciate the stuff I like, I usually feel a more intimate connection with someone else when I find out they also like anime and videogames. On the bad side... well, I once had to jump out of my bed, get ready for school in 3 minutes, and then I had to drive my way to school at some 120 km/h (that's 70 mph). Why? Because, that night, I stayed up until 5:00 AM watching Haruhi Suzumiya, and I had to get up at 8:00 AM. confused