New to town Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:06 am
"Sounds like a good start," Joe nodded. "If you need it, I can get you set up in one of the Watcher-held apartments. You'll get an hourly wage for the work here, plus your Watcher retainer salary. Sound good?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:24 am
"I can get my own apartment, thanks, otherwise...fine." She paused to nibble on another fry, they really were rather good, maybe needed more salt though. She was already running through a list of places she wanted to find, simple things really, grocery store, gun shop, greenhouse, exercising place, all she ever cared about, food, weapons, plants and staying fit so she could still eat like a horse, it worked well enough. "What hours?"

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:53 am
"Six in the evening 'til two in the morning," Joe said. "That's peak time for a bar."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:47 am
"Fine." She was very short on her words it seemed, the odd thing was she was trying to be kinder, and in a way she was, "Thank you, very much even." That alone gave away how badly she had wanted a distraction from herself, or maybe even needed a distraction.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:09 pm
Joe held out his hand, hoping he wasn't going to regret this. "You're welcome, even," he said. "When can you start?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:51 am
Being cynical made her pause a moment or two, before taking his hand firmly and shaking it, bloody hell she better not be making a mistake with this, she was going to be ticked if she was. Her ticked was never a good thing, much less safe for the people around her as result. Oh yes his question, she didn't pause before answered, "Whenever is better." It wasn't like she had plans, it was a little late at night to start apartment or house hunting, apartment would suit her better but whichever she could find faster that she liked would work well enough for now.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:47 pm
"No time like the present, then," Joe said briskly, motioning to the tall black man wiping down the counter. "This is Mike Harris. He'll show ya around and get ya up to speed. Mike, this is Kalika, prefers Kali, didn't catch a last name..."

He looked at her expectantly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:34 pm
"Hellfires." She was one for odd names it seemed, but hey, if one is stuck with a strange first name why not pick a last name to match, her middle name was Gray, Kalika Gray Hellfires, it strangely suited her really well. Someone use to joke with her that she could never be a teacher, wouldn't go over well with the parents to have a Miss. Hellfires teaching their kids. Not that she would ever want to even deal with a kid much less a room full of the little bastards, shew as more likely to string them to a ceiling fan then teach them a damned thing, call the lesson science, about gravity and blood-flow.
Those thoughts got her to smirk slightly, "Does last name really mater?" To the police it most likely would, but she was rather talented at avoiding them and getting away with things, so while they didn't like her, they couldn't do anything to her, thankfully.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:17 pm
"Hellfires," Joe repeated, a tad uncertainly, as if he suspected he was being had. The Watcher Files didn't list a last name for Kalika, and he was beginning to suspect why. "No, last names don't matter much to me, but I'll need one for your payroll."

He got slowly to his feet, leaning on his cane. "Welcome to Joe's," he said as the door opened to let in an early barfly.

He was young and tall, with short dark hair and pale skin, slim with too many layers of clothes and a prominant yet attractively classic nose. High cheekbones and guiless hazel eyes finished off the appearance of a casual bookworm without a care in the world.

"Hey, Joe," he was saying as he entered, "do you mind if I--" He paused, eyeing the stranger with pleasant curiousity. "Hullo."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:54 pm
She merely blinked at him on that, mild annoyance in her eyes as she stood, not that she was annoyed, it just seemed so to anyone she didn't know. She studied the new-comer a bare moment before shaking her head, no she didn't know who he was, but he was armed, she'd bet her life on it. That alone got her to be more careful of him, didn't mater who he was, she held trust for none, it worked well enough. "Hello." Her tone had slipped back into laziness, something normal for her.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:52 pm
Joe nodded. "Help yourself, Adam," he said. "Adam Pierson, this is my new waitress, Kali. Kali, Adam. He's a regular here."

Adam smiled and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you," he said.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:17 pm
What was with friendly people and shaking hands? It was pointless in the long run but she went with it, better to then to be rude she supposed, ah lack of rudeness, she could do, lack of shortness, that was pushing it. She at lest gave a smile, one that was far from reaching her eyes and shook his hand, "We'll see."

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:02 pm
Adam's brows raised as he shot a look at Joe. "Ominous," he said, as Mike handed him a beer. "I'll--" He pointed to a two top. "I'll just sit over there and behave myself, shall I?"

Nodding to Joe and Kali, Adam sauntered casually over to the table he had indicated and sat down, twisting the top off his bottle. Serepticiously he eyed Kali. She was a pre-Immortal. He could feel it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:01 am
Kali only watched Adam for a few seconds before turning her attention back to The other two, seemingly finding everything lacking interest, but that was life in a nut shell to her. She didn't say anything, saw no need to, just waited calmly for, well whatever, mostly likely instruction from someone. Already she could tell this was going to be either highly frustrating or interesting, she really wasn't sure which yet, but hey better then nothing, way better then nothing at all.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm
Mike smiled at Kali. "Okay," he said, handing her a pad pre-printed for taking orders and a pen. "It's real simple. The menu's small, so just check the box next to what they want, write down things like No Mayo. Tell me the drinks at the bar, and I'll mix them. If you're interested, later I can teach you how to tend bar and mix them yourself."

"If you have any trouble, just ask me or Mike," Joe added. "You can start by asking Adam if he wants anything with his beer."

Adam looked up with a why are you including me in this? look, but said nothing.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff