Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

Froggyfrogfrog

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:41 pm
Androgynous Dusk
Froggyfrogfrog
...I thought I was the only one. I don't really read stuff with het anymore; It just doesn't appeal to me as much as slash does.

That's how I feel about it too! I just Ron/Hermione still.(I can thank this cute doujinshi for that)

I don't mind Ron/Hermione. I don't mind James/Lily either.
That's about it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:32 am
I'm a solid slash fan... give me a good JamesXSirius anyday... but I don't mind het stories. LilyxJames is cute.

But I'll openly admit that I hate HarryxGinny because I don't like Ginny.  

Lestat De Lioncourt I

5,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Invisibility 100

Uke Incognito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 pm
I can't read het, period. Just the thought of one of the guys stick anything near a woman's -ahem- makes me sick. It's just unfathomable. Give me a hard bodied men, sweating with exertion together, and I'll be happy. Stick a female in and I'll drop the fic like it just burned me. I don't know why I can't stand females in my fantasy world, but I'm not complaining. I've come across some pretty interesting story that I had to stop reading after the first few paragraphs because it goes into this angst ridden Harry mooning over the fact that he can't do the freaky with Ginny anymore because Voldemort killed her off. To me the fic is saying; "Woe is me, I can't have sex with any more girls because the one I loved is dead. Why don't I turn gay? Yes! That's a splendid idea. Now, where is Draco/Severus so that they can woo me into their lusty traps." It discredits the whole Potterverse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:38 pm
Uke Incognito
I can't read het, period. Just the thought of one of the guys stick anything near a woman's -ahem- makes me sick. It's just unfathomable. Give me a hard bodied men, sweating with exertion together, and I'll be happy. Stick a female in and I'll drop the fic like it just burned me. I don't know why I can't stand females in my fantasy world, but I'm not complaining. I've come across some pretty interesting story that I had to stop reading after the first few paragraphs because it goes into this angst ridden Harry mooning over the fact that he can't do the freaky with Ginny anymore because Voldemort killed her off. To me the fic is saying; "Woe is me, I can't have sex with any more girls because the one I loved is dead. Why don't I turn gay? Yes! That's a splendid idea. Now, where is Draco/Severus so that they can woo me into their lusty traps." It discredits the whole Potterverse.
....I love you...i'm going to seme you now. -kidnaps and takes into mysterious bedroom-  

Androgynous Dusk

Tamsyn Marvene Riddle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:49 pm
yeah... it really is becoming a problem... I went through my favourites list the other day and I threw out all the het fic I had in there and then I went on to look for a fic and screamed when it started out het.... hmmm... well I quess that's why we're all here...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:42 pm
I don't so much mind het... I think a lot of it is really cute. I've read some awesome fics with Lily/Remus, Lily/James (obviously) and Lily/Severus, and depending on the writer, it can be one of the best things I've ever read. But, I can't deny that if I were forced to pick between HP het or slash pairings, Wolfstar would most definitely beat any het pairing that I have ever seen or heard of in the Harry Potter world. I mean, Remus and Sirius are just... It's indescribable. It's way to awesome for words - er, my words, anyway.  

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:50 am
Finora Lupin
I don't so much mind het... I think a lot of it is really cute. I've read some awesome fics with Lily/Remus, Lily/James (obviously) and Lily/Severus, and depending on the writer, it can be one of the best things I've ever read. But, I can't deny that if I were forced to pick between HP het or slash pairings, Wolfstar would most definitely beat any het pairing that I have ever seen or heard of in the Harry Potter world. I mean, Remus and Sirius are just... It's indescribable. It's way to awesome for words - er, my words, anyway.

....no comment because I have to agree.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:59 pm
Androgynous Dusk
Finora Lupin

WHOAMIGOD. Ookami?! Hey there, Hi there, Ho there, friend!

I, myself, only cringe and cry when the author's writing skill makes my eyes bleed, vocabulary range ruptures my splein, and when the spelling and grammatical errors make me die a little on the inside (to the badfic-mobile, AWAAAAAAAY!). Those, I simply cannot take, het or not. The only time a het fic gets to me, is if it's one of those unoriginal, horribly cliche, and/or sue-icidal fics, where you just want to gag, and die a couple of times after bleeding your a**s out your mouth.

I will read het!fics, but only when I feel that I'm going a little overboard.

(BTW: Ookami, if you could send that doujinshi you spoke of earlier, my way, I would love you for all eternity... srsly.)

` Nonagon

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:26 am
` Nonagon
Androgynous Dusk
Finora Lupin

WHOAMIGOD. Ookami?! Hey there, Hi there, Ho there, friend!

I, myself, only cringe and cry when the author's writing skill makes my eyes bleed, vocabulary range ruptures my splein, and when the spelling and grammatical errors make me die a little on the inside (to the badfic-mobile, AWAAAAAAAY!). Those, I simply cannot take, het or not. The only time a het fic gets to me, is if it's one of those unoriginal, horribly cliche, and/or sue-icidal fics, where you just want to gag, and die a couple of times after bleeding your a**s out your mouth.

I will read het!fics, but only when I feel that I'm going a little overboard.

(BTW: Ookami, if you could send that doujinshi you spoke of earlier, my way, I would love you for all eternity... srsly.)

This I can agree with. Except, I don't read far enough into fics written by horrible authors that it ruptures my splein. I tend to get these feelings... this pain, I guess you could say, that says, "Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the donkey! Stop right now or else you're going to die!" I guess it's a handy pain. My eyes haven't bled as of yet.

Although, that one icon where JKR says 'ROCKS FALL! EVERYONE DIES!' certainly has popped my left ventricle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:39 am
Yeah, I don't like het very much. James/Lily and Ron/Hermione are really the only het pairings I like (though I still won't read fanfiction on them unless they're side pairings for Sirius/Remus or Draco/Harry fics).

Harry/Ginny made a big red X appear in my mind, along with blaring sirens and a general gonk expression.

And just so you all know, I'm Wolfstar fan all the way!! Nothing beats a good Sirius/Remus fic 3nodding

Kai Artemios

three_min_hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:34 pm
rofl That's pretty amazing. I can't say I've really done that myself, but I've done similar things. Like, my favorite partner for Harry is Ginny (canon and all), but if I see Harry/Ron or Harry/Draco, I'll think "Ooh, could be cool," where if it was Harry/Cho or Harry/Hermione, I'd go "EW! NO! THAT'S WRONG! WRONG!"

Kai - "Nothing beats a good Sirius/Remus fic" - TOTALLY seconded!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:11 pm
We've all been corrupted in the best way. xD<3

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:58 am
three_min_hero
rofl That's pretty amazing. I can't say I've really done that myself, but I've done similar things. Like, my favorite partner for Harry is Ginny (canon and all), but if I see Harry/Ron or Harry/Draco, I'll think "Ooh, could be cool," where if it was Harry/Cho or Harry/Hermione, I'd go "EW! NO! THAT'S WRONG! WRONG!"

To be quite honest, I'd rather Harry/Ginny than Harry/Hermione. And I have the exact same reaction whenever I see those two pairings. It goes something along the lines of, "OH MY GOD! TAKE IT AWAY!" followed by me quickly exiting the window. *shudders* Ew.

And, Wolfstar is ultimate. >< I THIRD...ED?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am
Finora Lupin
three_min_hero

To be quite honest, I'd rather Harry/Ginny than Harry/Hermione. And I have the exact same reaction whenever I see those two pairings. It goes something along the lines of, "OH MY GOD! TAKE IT AWAY!" followed by me quickly exiting the window. *shudders* Ew.

And, Wolfstar is ultimate. >< I THIRD...ED?
Ummm....I'd voluntarily shoot myself if I ever saw Harry/Cho

@Nonagon:If your talking about the Ron/Hermione I found you'll have to give me afew days because I need faster computer to find it. Edit: I found it! Ron/Hermione

@Kai:OMG! I't Ookami! Hi Kai!  

Androgynous Dusk

Yaoi_cutie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:39 am
::Yeeeah...I suppose I don't like het because the first het fic I ever read was horrible smut with grammar that made me think 'Would you like to buy a vowel? Or maybe a comma? How about some quotation marks?' and the vocabulary of a naughty seven-year-old. I don't mind some het parings. I like Ron/Hermione, Luna/Harry (sometimes), Lilly/James and I'll even go for a bit of (young)Sev/Lilly.
I dunno...there's something about breasts that turns me off. They're just useless pieces of fat that get in the way of hugging and well-written fics.
Oh, and has anyone else noticed how lots of slash fics are deeper than het fics? I suppose it's because people have to do more work to make a non-canon pair plausible...whatever the reason, I'm thankful for it.::

HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff