Submit

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Wissakins
I started reading the Anita series from the beginning. It started out that Anita was kicking butt and taking names. The sexual encounters she had were far out-weighed by the plot line. Then something changed. I don't know what's been going on in Hamilton's head, but now her plot line seems to be overrun by gratuitous sex scenes. I read Danse Macabre and got so annoyed that all Anita did was have sex with various people. The plot became secondary, maybe even third, to the sex.

This is true. She does very little with actual plot now. Though I wonder how many kinds of Lycanthropy she will get before she actually turns, and for that matter what her mystery form is.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:50 am
Seth64616
Wissakins
I started reading the Anita series from the beginning. It started out that Anita was kicking butt and taking names. The sexual encounters she had were far out-weighed by the plot line. Then something changed. I don't know what's been going on in Hamilton's head, but now her plot line seems to be overrun by gratuitous sex scenes. I read Danse Macabre and got so annoyed that all Anita did was have sex with various people. The plot became secondary, maybe even third, to the sex.

This is true. She does very little with actual plot now. Though I wonder how many kinds of Lycanthropy she will get before she actually turns, and for that matter what her mystery form is.

I agree that Danse Macabre was extremely annoying. I loved the whole series but when i got to that book, i was ready to pull my hair out.
I loved the first few books because Anita was just kicking butt and killing everything that moved. Also, i just loved Edward! He was always a good laugh. And then she really does just start to sleep with everyone.

However, I wonder as well what her mystery form is. And i'm probably going to get suckered into reading the next few books.

ps. In all the used book store's where i live, most of the series is now filed in Romance. It's a little funny!!  

Quilue Lamia

godhi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 am
Seth64616
Wissakins

Quite true. What little plot there is in her books these days mostly serves as a means to string the sex scenes together.
burning_eyes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:47 pm
I keep hoping that the Anita series will get better again. But I'm not going to buy any more of them. I'll hunt out any new ones at a library rather than possibly waste my money on a book I'll hate.

As for Edward, I think he deserves his own series. I've come to be more interested in what's going on in his head than who Anita is fornicating with lately.  

Wissakins

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Wissakins
I keep hoping that the Anita series will get better again. But I'm not going to buy any more of them. I'll hunt out any new ones at a library rather than possibly waste my money on a book I'll hate.

As for Edward, I think he deserves his own series. I've come to be more interested in what's going on in his head than who Anita is fornicating with lately.

I really agree with you on that!! I would most definatly read a series about Edward. He was so...hm...just plain good fun. Always just wanting to blow everything up, and kill pretty much everyone.
I must admit I'm a little bit bloodthirsty when it comes to books like that.
I just wish Anita hadn't gotten boring. Oh well.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff