Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Inconsistencies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:17 pm
In the two-parter "Descent", Data's emotion chip is round.
In the movie "Generations", however, the chip is square. It looks like a piece of Golden Grahams cereal. (My mind is strange like that...)

Also, if Picard is French, why does he have a British accent? Even his nephew has one!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:10 pm
Rigu Ryu
In the movie "Generations", however, the chip is square. It looks like a piece of Golden Grahams cereal. (My mind is strange like that...)

Also, if Picard is French, why does he have a British accent? Even his nephew has one!

The British accent is considered a continental one. It's supposed to reflect cultured, intelligent, worldly. A french accent doesn't do that. Plus, Patrick Stewart is a British Actor.  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:08 pm
Rigu Ryu

My only answer to the emotion chip's continued morphing
(it had THREE different shapes total, if the Nitpicker's Guides and my
memory were correct) was that Data decided to rework the outer
casing and housing for the circuitry, possibly using some android
design of his own, to make it more efficient or better protected or
something.

Picard's accent has always baffled me.
Then again, when we first met him, I was one of the guys giggling over
the incongruity.

"You have cancer? Hang on.
*waves humming salt-shaker at patient*
Ok, get some sleep, you'll be fine in the morning.

What's you're problem? Bald?
*Sorry-we can't help you."

xd

I know-our answer is that he preferred the baldness to other options,
and may not have been so vain.
I still think that's worth a chuckle, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:49 am
Matiko-san
Rigu Ryu

The British accent is considered a continental one. It's supposed to reflect cultured, intelligent, worldly. A french accent doesn't do that. Plus, Patrick Stewart is a British Actor.
stare You take all the fun out of everything...

"Oh, get some hair, Picard. I think your brain has caught a cold." - Q in "Q-in-Law" (A Trek book. Q and Lwaxana get together.)  

Rigu Ryu

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:47 pm
You know, it's funny, I always either miss completely or am able to ignore every single freaking inconsistancy. Everyone talks about how they're bothered so much by them, and I'm like, "Just ignore them, you weirdo."

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:12 am
Steel Sterling
Picard's accent has always baffled me.
Then again, when we first met him, I was one of the guys giggling over
the incongruity.

"You have cancer? Hang on.
*waves humming salt-shaker at patient*
Ok, get some sleep, you'll be fine in the morning.

What's you're problem? Bald?
*Sorry-we can't help you."

xd

I know-our answer is that he preferred the baldness to other options,
and may not have been so vain.
I still think that's worth a chuckle, though.

But you see him feel his head woefully in a couple episodes cuz he doesn't have hair. He certainly doesn't seem to prefer baldness.

What I find amusing is that they don't have the Hair Club for Men in the 24th century. xd  

Lindira
Crew

Takori

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:41 am
Ginga
You know, it's funny, I always either miss completely or am able to ignore every single freaking inconsistancy. Everyone talks about how they're bothered so much by them, and I'm like, "Just ignore them, you weirdo."

sweatdrop

That's always a good way of thinking... 3nodding I agree  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:07 am
I think many problems arise in making the holodecks. When a character commands "Freeze program" all too often the holograms will move (however small). If there's a fire in the program (take the TNG episode "The Defector") it will continue to burn and crackle even though the program is supposedly set in freeze.  

todpury

Ginga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:50 pm
todpury
I think many problems arise in making the holodecks. When a character commands "Freeze program" all too often the holograms will move (however small). If there's a fire in the program (take the TNG episode "The Defector") it will continue to burn and crackle even though the program is supposedly set in freeze.

You know, there are lots of video games that do stuff like that... wink When you pause The Lion King for SNES, and there's fire in the background, it keeps burning. wink

Weird example, I know. But maybe it's the same thing! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:25 am
The all time thing that bugs me the most is when vulcans drop there emotion!!! twisted - neutral  

Sustineo

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:08 am
In "Generations"- The uniforms of the crew members are different. Some have the colored bar at the top, some have a black bar.

It bothers me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:45 pm
Rigu Ryu
In "Generations"- The uniforms of the crew members are different. Some have the colored bar at the top, some have a black bar.

It bothers me. sweatdrop

OMG, I noticed that at the very end when Picard and Riker find the photo album in the wreakage that is his ready room.

I was like, "...wait a minute. What?"  

Ginga

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:03 pm
Ginga
Rigu Ryu

It bothers me. sweatdrop

OMG, I noticed that at the very end when Picard and Riker find the photo album in the wreakage that is his ready room.

We are nerds. Hooray for us!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:28 pm
Rigu Ryu
Ginga
Rigu Ryu

It bothers me. sweatdrop

Hooray! razz

I really would like an explanation for that, though... confused  

Ginga

Takori

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:21 pm
Ginga
Rigu Ryu
Ginga
Rigu Ryu

It bothers me. sweatdrop

Hooray! razz

I really would like an explanation for that, though... confused

Considering "Generations" is filled with time travel and such, the producers probably figured it wasn't such a big deal and they could get away with using time paradoxes to explain it...who knows, I've never noticed...  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff