Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Why do people fall for Barry's Bait? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:07 pm
Oh, let's not forget that he thinks that "studying logic in college" equates to "having a college education in logic", and thus allows him to dismiss the work of Ph.D. logicians that disagree with his claims, and then issue orders to other M&R posters that they cannot speak of logical matters unless they also have taken courses on the matter.

It would be rather like someone claiming that you cannot say "F = ma" unless you have taken college courses on physics.

@Fiddler: Honestly, considering Barry's inability to maintain a cohesive inner state, I doubt he's the same person in the waking world that he is online. For all we know, he's some M&R regular's trolling mule, and there is no "real" Barry.

His existence makes a good case against allowing Onion Routing connections to Gaia, though.

ADDENDUM: And his latest posts make a further case for enforcing permabans.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:54 pm
Henry, I have reason to believe the people who claim to have met him outside of Gaia context.
Unfortunately, as they are matters of the utmost privacy, I have no right to tell the specifics.

I honestly believed there was no actual Barreketh out there, however, I have heard enough testimony, and seen supporting evidence that causes me to believe his existence.

So, either he's real, or this is a hoax which rivals FDR's public appearances in complexity and duplicity.

As far as cohesive inner state, or lack there of... I'll accept the explanations of age and human condition for those.

As far as Onion Routing... some people have it for a valid reason... but that is hardly the scope of the matter...
He likely has a service provider who uses dynamic rather than static IPs.  

Fiddlers Green

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:02 pm
Fiddlers Green

I believe that he uses a college or public library computer, and thus is the reason for not being perma banned.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 am
Henry Dorsett Case
It would be rather like someone claiming that you cannot say "F = ma" unless you have taken college courses on physics.
F = ma if you're singing solfa in D major... ninja

Honestly I just stay out of M&R these days. I have better things to do than watch prejudiced shites battle out their tiny egos online.  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Fiddlers Green
As far as Onion Routing... some people have it for a valid reason... but that is hardly the scope of the matter...
He's admitted in the past to using TOR as a method of getting around IP bans on other systems. The gentoo Linux distribution had to disallow TOR connections to several parts of the site because of security issues. And while we're at it, disallowing TOR routing allows Gaia to enforce the ToS as a legally-binding contract, including subpoenaing the IP routing history. So it's well within the scope of the matter.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:14 pm
Fiddlers Green
Personally, I hate giving up on people...
But there comes a time when one must see that progress (if occurring at all) is so glacial as to be negligible, and so infinitesimal as to be irrelevant, that the society at large should not be expected to endure it anymore.
Has he made progress from when I first observed him, I think so... however, a serial killer who cuts down from 5 killings a week to 3 is still a serial killer.
I apply a similar principle here.
I also am concerned that part of this willful ignorance may be done, for lack of a better explanation, for the benefit of the studio audience.

I'm still trying to figure out how he and Stitches can possibly get along in the waking world. confused

I had that same opinion back when he was using Scholastic and a number for his screen names. He actually started to second guess his racism, but then came back a few months later as bad as ever.

So now I just try to rub his face in how much of a hypocrite he is when he says people should be deported or thrown in jail or whatever for not following the catechism--which I can demonstrate that he's violating as well in less than a paragraph.

Once the double-standard is so obvious that he has to even admit it to himself, I'm satisfied and call it a night.  

Striga

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:47 pm
May I ask what name this person is currently using so as to be on the alert for him if I go into the M&R sub forum?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:41 am
Sir_Catherine
May I ask what name this person is currently using so as to be on the alert for him if I go into the M&R sub forum?

Hard for Saltski is the most recent one.  

jaden kendam

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces