Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Non Star Trek Discussion Forum
The Official Off-Topic Discussion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:52 pm
*From the Trivia Thread*
Steel Sterling
D) Kirk's driving wasn't bad except for one little problem.
Kirk "rode the clutch". Once the car was running, he was supposed to
release the clutch, but he held the pedal down like the gas pedal.
The result is that the car "lurched" and "backfired."
In other words, it kept stopping and making a bang-noise.
His steering wasn't bad.
(Modern cars don't HAVE a "clutch" and avoid this problem.)
Umm...I know I'm nitpicking, and this is totally off-topic, but I had to correct this. There are still modern cars with Clutch Pedals, It's just that 'Automatic' Transmissions don't need one(Although most Automatic Transmissions still have Clutches in them). It is still possible to get a Manual(Or Standard, or 'stick') Transmission in a modern Vehicle, as Racing Enthusiests would Lose it if they all of a sudden were forced to race something that they had no control over the Shifts. Main reason I'm correcting, as you can probably see wink

Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, I had to correct, sorry again. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:50 pm
Takai_desu_yo
Umm...I know I'm nitpicking, and this is totally off-topic, but I had to correct this. There are still modern cars with Clutch Pedals, It's just that 'Automatic' Transmissions don't need one(Although most Automatic Transmissions still have Clutches in them). It is still possible to get a Manual(Or Standard, or 'stick') Transmission in a modern Vehicle, as Racing Enthusiests would Lose it if they all of a sudden were forced to race something that they had no control over the Shifts. Main reason I'm correcting, as you can probably see wink

Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, I had to correct, sorry again. sweatdrop

I hate sticks. I would be able to test for my license in a month if I had an automatic to drive, but I have to learn stick.  

todpury

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:09 am
My parents forced me to learn on a Stick. Funny thing is, the Drivers-Ed car was an automatic. And I haven't driven a Stick since I sold my Mustang(I miss that beast... crying )  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:44 pm
Takai_desu_yo
My parents forced me to learn on a Stick. Funny thing is, the Drivers-Ed car was an automatic. And I haven't driven a Stick since I sold my Mustang(I miss that beast... crying )

I hate stick-shifts...I prefer automatic, even though I don't get the same gas mileage (or so I'm told) as on a stick-shift  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:49 pm
Matiko-san
Takai_desu_yo

I hate stick-shifts...I prefer automatic, even though I don't get the same gas mileage (or so I'm told) as on a stick-shift
If the Automatic is in Good condition, it typically gets better milage than a stick-shift, some of the Computer Controlled Transmissions have insane milage, they have a new one out that has over 50 different Gears, you stay in low RPM the entire time, it rocks.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:39 am
Hey,
is trivia fans are nothing if not fond for trivial information.

I'll remember that for next time.  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:48 am
BTW, the Marketplace is closed to cut down on trades by the people
who earned illegal gold using the Fishing glitch.
They're busy banning them in all their screennames, so this will take
a bit.
Meantime, they want to minimize the damage. As Lanzer put it,
the sudden gold influx would have crashed the Gaia economy.
(All YOUR gold would be WORTHLESS.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:10 am
It'd be Black Tuesday all over again. Only online. But I'm sure we'd all be very depressed. wink

Stupid online grocery delivery. They ran out of turkeys and didn't deliver one yesterday. Now we've gotta scramble to get one... sweatdrop  

Lindira
Crew

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:32 pm
Lindira
It'd be Black Tuesday all over again. Only online. But I'm sure we'd all be very depressed. wink

Stupid online grocery delivery. They ran out of turkeys and didn't deliver one yesterday. Now we've gotta scramble to get one... sweatdrop
We had roast beef. ^____^ blaugh

Mmmm..... Much better than turkey.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:35 am
Rigu Ryu
Lindira

Oooh! eek I love roast beef. whee But I really like turkey too, especially with gravy. I love gravy. It help when the bird's not dry too. 3nodding  

Lindira
Crew

Rigu Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:58 am
Lindira
Rigu Ryu
Lindira

Oooh! eek I love roast beef. whee But I really like turkey too, especially with gravy. I love gravy. It help when the bird's not dry too. 3nodding
We had both. But I like roast beef better. *steals the roast* MINE! *runs away laughing like a lunatic*

Sorry, I'm feeling random today.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:11 am
I...hate turkey sweatdrop

IU definately prefer roast beef, especially when it's all juicy and BBQ cooked, then it is just ces't delisciouex! whee

But we had turkey. I used to not mind it, it was just another meat I didn't like, that I could just not eat if I didn't want to. But, being the chef I am, I am the one who has to carve it. I hate carving Birds, especially since you can see where all teh Heart connections still are when you carve it open. bleach xp

Plus, my sister starting bitching at me when I didn't get turkey, all I said is that I didn't like it, and she went off complaining about how she feels sorry for anyone that marries me, and depressed they will be with having to deal with me their entire life. And she's so much better off, being a preggo 20-something High school drop-out Video retail clerk stressed  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Shiva_Avalon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:54 pm
sorry I have been gone for so long... thanksgiving with no internet...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:15 pm
Yeah, I haven't been able to get on much this weekend either. I've been having tons of fun, though. I went to Disneyland yesterday and had tons and tons of fun, even though it rained. whee And... I finally finally got a car! biggrin biggrin

(And, cuz I know someone will ask- *cough* Takai *cough*- I got a red 1994 Toyota Corolla DX)  

Lindira
Crew

Shiva_Avalon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:17 am
Lindira
Yeah, I haven't been able to get on much this weekend either. I've been having tons of fun, though. I went to Disneyland yesterday and had tons and tons of fun, even though it rained. whee And... I finally finally got a car! biggrin biggrin

(And, cuz I know someone will ask- *cough* Takai *cough*- I got a red 1994 Toyota Corolla DX)

coolies... my dad is getting me a car, but I have to get my licence this summer...  
Non Star Trek Discussion Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff