Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!
wats your theory on A Series OF Unfortunate Events Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hi
  hello
View Results

jokersworstenemy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:11 pm
I belive that the stories are just Snickets way of saying that there will never be a happy ending in life and that somthing unfortunit will always happen no matter what you try to do to avoid it. Frankly from the way that he writes I belive that he is just expressing his sorrows from somthing that has happened in his life. And the way that The End occured I dont really belive that he is going to continue with the series because I belive that it was just placed that way to symbolise the constant search for somthing better within the world and the classic phrase "Life must go on" tends to be very noticeabule within the hidden messages that he is trying to protray in the childrens determination to continue foward and find that happyness that they so long for......  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:21 am
Well, seeing as how the end, ended i would say that it leads you to believe they went back to the city and i think violet was old enough to claim the fortune i think they probably cleared there innocence (somehow) Claimed the money and lived a happy and peaceful life considering count olaf is dead  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

chunkymunky56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 am
it's wierd because it turns out the parents were the bad guys, creating poison gas!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:11 pm
xBlOoPx
KaosElemental
I saw this Greedy old wretched man, that orchestrated a series of "event" to take away the whole fortune of the family, making it appeared to everyone to cover his back as "a series of unfortunate events" or bad luck or a curse even...... stare

What? sorry My brain is so lost... sweatdrop

Um..But ya 3nodding They name the baby Beatrice Baudelaire. Then get in the ship and leave. They continue to be in VFD and, if you have The Beatrice Letters ... Although they're kinda confusing, i'm almost certain that it is not their mother that wrote those letters, but in fact is the Child that they brought from the island. 3nodding But no one but the author Really knows. It's kind of confusing because Lemony Snicket was in fact supposed to be alive when the Baudelaire orphans were in their rut.. or was he? If Beatrice is indeed a snicket, then in a sense it would be rather Odd if she were with Lemony... But if Lemony was after their orphans adventure, like beatrice, than... Who's child is he if he was not a direct al older brother of beatrice's and her mothers brother was also dead. eek
Also.. the letters, like A, S, L .. and so on, actually inside the pictures in The Beactrice Letters.. what are they for? I'm rather confused by them and they don't seem to spell anything. Anyone know?
That's because they named Beatrice, the baby, after their mother.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Javacat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am
only read like 8 of them .... grrr library has the others on back order. gah ... it happens alll the time. i find a good series and it ends.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm
I've read all 13 of them, but I honestly don't understand what happened in the thirteenth book... anyone want to explain the ending to me?

I've never heard of the Beatrice letters, but I think I'm going to check them out ^^  

IvyStarling

plkillerm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:08 am
.... nothing really....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:42 am
i red the series and i thought it was over rated..it was very boring  

Shhhherbert_22

xxxdark angel of firexxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 am
I think the baudelaires and beatrice went back to land and participated in more unfortunate events and vfd. Probably meetins up w/the quags, fern and fiona, and thte others. maybe some of them died.
does anyone think that friday is related to fiona and fernald? because it wud complete the cycle of 3 and they all start w/f.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:14 pm
This series was good but it seemed like Lemony Snicket left too much out about a lot of stuff and rambled on about nothing a lot but it had a great plot line  

In Living Colour

Toffee Taffeta

5,150 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:40 am
xBlOoPx
KaosElemental
I saw this Greedy old wretched man, that orchestrated a series of "event" to take away the whole fortune of the family, making it appeared to everyone to cover his back as "a series of unfortunate events" or bad luck or a curse even...... stare

What? sorry My brain is so lost... sweatdrop

Um..But ya 3nodding They name the baby Beatrice Baudelaire. Then get in the ship and leave. They continue to be in VFD and, if you have The Beatrice Letters ... Although they're kinda confusing, i'm almost certain that it is not their mother that wrote those letters, but in fact is the Child that they brought from the island. 3nodding But no one but the author Really knows. It's kind of confusing because Lemony Snicket was in fact supposed to be alive when the Baudelaire orphans were in their rut.. or was he? If Beatrice is indeed a snicket, then in a sense it would be rather Odd if she were with Lemony... But if Lemony was after their orphans adventure, like beatrice, than... Who's child is he if he was not a direct al older brother of beatrice's and her mothers brother was also dead. eek
Also.. the letters, like A, S, L .. and so on, actually inside the pictures in The Beactrice Letters.. what are they for? I'm rather confused by them and they don't seem to spell anything. Anyone know?

Ehm. I'm going to finish your misery. Lemony Snicket is just a pen name. His real name was Daniel Handler. So, basically, it is not a true story. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I found this series amusing.
I like the author's dark sense of humor.
'The End' was a little vague.
I agree that the storyline/plot is a bit inconsistent.
But I think Snicket did this so that the reader could imagine what would happen next and leave the ending for them (the readers) to decide.

~ Arie

Aristotlese

Amaise

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 pm
dawnee
i only saw the movie but it seams everyone wants the kids's money

the movie and the book series are a lot different. I liked both, but I like the books better  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:18 pm
if you try to run away from troubble, youll just get into more...  

Fearless bluerose123

Entertainment! Movies, Games, Music & More!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games