Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Did u know Gothic is a Religion not a look?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:00 am
I've studied goth for years. Every possible meaning of the word. There is no goth religion. And if there is, it's of so little importance and so little following that it can't be found in any library or website I've ever been in.

There's a book about goth music called "The Goth Bible" by Mick Mercer, and one of the same name about the subculture, by Nancy Kilpatrick.

There was a religious sect of Catholicism known as the Goths. They had their own culture and language, but religiously, were Catholic. They did not have their own Bible, only the Christian bible in their own language.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:47 am
You said gothic?

How is a European architectural style a religion... seriously I wanna know.  

Rellik San
Crew

Maalina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:16 am
Lo siento pero no hablo ingles

Pues si... ser goth va mas alla de verse rudo vestido de negro ¬¬
es una cultura (no diria religion) que abarca todo lo que tenga que ver con las artes.. musica.. pintura.. poesia.. filosofia ... bla bla bla, que viene de los tiempos remotos del siglo 3 y 4 con los godos =0, y luego en los siglos XV y XVI .. romanticismo .. bla bla bla y ya sabemos la historia =P

Es una lastima que hoy en dia solo se vea el movimiento goth como una moda stare y que tambien nos vean como seres satanicos y malos ... odio cuando la gente pienza asi crying

Eso.... espero algunos sepan español y me entiendan xDD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:29 am
Sweetheart, the Goth Bible (if we're talking about the same thing) is a guideline to the subculture. Goth is in no way a religion.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

xShe Dreams Fiction

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:34 am
I've read the gothic bible, it is NOT a religious book, it is more of an informative book on the gothic culture.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:36 am
When I was little....I thought Goths were Satanist. But...as I became one growing up, I realized its much more than that  

xxgothvampirexx

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:39 am
xxgothvampirexx
When I was little....I thought it was Satanist. But...as I became one growing up, I realized its much more than that

neutral

What may I ask does "it" antecede?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:42 am
GilAskan
xxgothvampirexx
When I was little....I thought it was Satanist. But...as I became one growing up, I realized its much more than that

neutral

What may I ask does "it" antecede?
It as in Gothic People...I thought that Satanist was there religion. But..now I have a different opinion.  

xxgothvampirexx

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:02 pm
Rellik San
You said gothic?

How is a European architectural style a religion... seriously I wanna know.

The style had to do with being very detailed, having high roofs, and being very dark. It had nothing to do with religion except that it was used in medieval times for the styles of cathedrals and other religious bulidings.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:12 pm
Are my mody senses tingling at the scent of a troll with a strange sense of humour? Or is this one very misguided person that should be directed to Bauhaus.

Hm historical instances of Goth:

Germanic goths, which went back thousands of years, yes. they were pagans, until their Christian conversion. (No bull about them "sacking Rome" that was propaganda thrown around centuries afterwards, there's no archeological evidence whatsoever in ancient roman ruins of that time of the mass burnings 'reported' the Goths just protested quietly, got ignored, left and went about their quietly peaceful christain lives. *rant off*)

Gothic architecture:
as mentioned above, very pretty, very ornate, very over the top, both Gothic and Gothic Revival. A style of prettifying buildings, no religion (except with Chratianity and its Gothic style churches)

Goth music:
Read Dead Ed's comment. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually tried to start it some day xd  

Isobel Bellamy

nerdlover08

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:03 pm
Maalina

es una cultura (no diria religion) que abarca todo lo que tenga que ver con las artes.. musica.. pintura.. poesia.. filosofia ... bla bla bla, que viene de los tiempos remotos del siglo 3 y 4 con los godos =0, y luego en los siglos XV y XVI .. romanticismo .. bla bla bla y ya sabemos la historia =P

Es una lastima que hoy en dia solo se vea el movimiento goth como una moda stare y que tambien nos vean como seres satanicos y malos ... odio cuando la gente pienza asi crying

¡Entendí la mayor parte de eso! XD Pero...yo usó Freetranslation.com por los palabras yo no entiendí.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:28 pm
verrycherryblood
you know watevr u guys just havent diged hard enogh i know its a religion so yea

Don't be daft.
Wicca is a WICCAN religion, goth is a subculture, a type of achitecture(sp?) and people who tried to take down the romans.

xX~Vampyre_Erotica~Xx

Sen-po

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:17 pm
translating. ...

Maalina

Well, yes, to be goth is more than to talk a certain way and dress in black (I think these are eyes>>). It's a culture (not to say religion) that includes everything that has to do with the arts, music, painting, poetry, philosophy, blah, blah, blah, , that comes from the third and forth centuries and the (gods), and evenutally in the fifteenth and sixteenth senturies, romanticism, blah, blah, blah, and now we know the history.
It's a shame that now in this day people only see the goth movement as a style, and also that we see it as satanic and bad, I hate when peopel see it like that crying
she said that she couldn't speak any english, so I translated for her. I may have gotten a couple words wrong, but not much, I tried. Haven't really spoken spanish in a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:32 pm
verrycherryblood
no there is a goth bible i have one it is like Wiccan religion

There is also a book called The Beauty Bible. So, seeing as anything labeled bible MUST be a religion, is taking care of your skin and using make-up a religion too? Honestly though The Goth Bible is not a religious text. Read it some time. And the Witches' bible only applies to one specific branch of Wicca, it was made for a coven (i can't remember which one at the moment however) not all Wiccans use the Witches' bible.  

Lady Detarra

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:37 pm
I think you take things too literally. o_O  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items