Reply Extended Discussion
Veganism and Vegetarianism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xPanzerFaust19x

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:25 pm
I dont know how people get their protein.....as for me, full out carnivore. AND PROUD TO BE ONE!  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Tofu! ^^

And you can be very creative with tofu; trust me.  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

xPanzerFaust19x

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:20 pm
hmm, well im not a vegtable fan, but "to each their own" as so would say  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:50 am
Ganein
I dont know how people get their protein.....as for me, full out carnivore. AND PROUD TO BE ONE!

I actually think that I get too much protine. sweatdrop

I consume a lot of beans, tofu, lentils, soymilk, whole grains, and nuts, as well as the occassional bit of faux-meat. Those things have plenty of protine, and can be very tasty too!

But, as far as diet, to each thier own. 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:50 pm
I'm trying to be a vegetarian right now. (Though it's a little hard. sweatdrop ) But, it seems like everytime I eat meat now, it just begins to feel more and more wrong.

People say that you should eat meat because of natural selection, or humanity, or whatever. That's not a good reason to me, because even though it's hypocritical, I dislike humanity.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:14 am
When I went vegan, I thought the hardest thing to give up would be milk chocolate. It was indeed pretty difficult as I never was a fan of dark chocolate. But I started eating dark chocolate when my boyfriend's mother bought me a lindt chocolate bar that was 70% cocoa. At first, it more or less tasted like dirt to me. I couldn't handle more than a half a peice at a time. But now I'm hooked on it. It is delishous! I could eat a whole bar at a time! ( although usually I have more self-controle than that)

I guess I just want to point out that "good" and "delishous" and "tasty" is what you are used to, so you get used to not drinking milk as a vegan, or eating eggs, and you get used to, and begin to like better, the tastes of healthier foods. I wouldn't want to stop being a vegan now because, to me, they all taste fantastic!  

Alice_K8

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 am
I agree with demon princess of love.

I used to think that things like shrimp and sausgae patties were yummy, whereas now I'm hooked on things like grilled tofu, miso soup, and soba noodles. <3

I still do luff my junk food though, I've just switched to likeing different kinds of junk foods than I used to eat. I no longer like skittles or chocolate bars, but I love things like cracker jacks, vegan muffins, chips, and gelatin-free marshmellows. I'm a little pig! XP

For me the hardest things to give up were fish, and when I went vegan, my port wine cheese. But I've gotten along quite well without those things (cheese was making me fat anyways...)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:08 am
I've been a vegetarian for two years, planning to become a vegan in about a year. Giving up dairy seems hard, I just love my milk. But hey, soy milk is pretty good so I think I'll survive. I only eat eggs now since we have own hen and I know they don't suffer.

I stopped eating meet for the taste (yuck) and my health. Now some ethnics have come in too. Fish is all ethnics, the fish farms are so wrong. Since I live at the country side we don't have that many restaurants with veggie food, but I plan to move to Gothenburg, a bigger city, where they have a few.  

Meymo

dead_bastard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:28 am
well, u should consider Mediterranean restaurants and go diverse on asian food as well. i talian food has some good stuff. so yeah. i'm a vegetarian, i understand  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:29 am
DreamerSpirit
Ganein

I actually think that I get too much protine. sweatdrop

I consume a lot of beans, tofu, lentils, soymilk, whole grains, and nuts, as well as the occassional bit of faux-meat. Those things have plenty of protine, and can be very tasty too!

But, as far as diet, to each thier own. 3nodding

dead_bastard

dead_bastard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:33 am
Ganein

a lot of meat eaters think that vegetarians and vegans are weak and have a a low source of protein. the truth is that we eat a lot of soy products and beans and food that is reach in protein. i must also argue that most of us are actually healthier than most meat eaters. and we are quite strong. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:03 am
dead_bastard
Ganein

a lot of meat eaters think that vegetarians and vegans are weak and have a a low source of protein. the truth is that we eat a lot of soy products and beans and food that is reach in protein. i must also argue that most of us are actually healthier than most meat eaters. and we are quite strong. mrgreen

Yes, yes...

A lot of vegetarians and vegans do a good amount of research on nuturition before making the switch, since Western culture dictates that meat, eggs, and dairy are needed for a healthy diet.

Now I'm eating healthier tha ever, since I can no longer eat as much bad food (like butter, cheese, and beef), and I generally watch what I eat a lot more.

However, you can be healthy and be an omnivore as well. Itall depends on what you eat. 3nodding

Another thing which shouldbe noted is that a lot of people who try to go vegetarian do fail, because they encounter health complication and become malnourished. However, that is usually because such individuals lack a proper understanding of nutrition, and have no clue what to replace thier meat with. You can't just cut meat from your diet. You have to replace it with somthing else. xp  

DreamerSpirit

L3ts S3t Th3 Stag3 OnF1re

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:15 pm
Yea. I am a vegetarian.
I have been for about....6 months now? x]
I REALLY want to go Vegan,
but its expensive, and hard.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:35 am
My sisters ex-girlfriend is vegetarian.. She made the most delicious food I've ever tasted.. It's enough to make me settle into veg. life without a single thought of return.
I will eventually do it, as soon as I get my research down, not to mention a bit of cooking skills. >.>

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:25 pm
I've been thinking of becoming a vegetarian,not for moral reasons but for my health.What are all the health benefits of giving up meat?  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff