Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Western Yaoi Animation? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerf.
  o.O
View Results

LyricalLemon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:50 pm
MistressPaco
Yaoi is popular in the Anime Fan Circles and J-Fan's, but are those circles even popular themselves? maybe, Maybe, 1 in 30 kids like it now a days. It seems more popular than it is because anime fan's tend to be drawn to each other, and the same for yaoi fans. So when all your friends tend to be fans (not always) you feel like Yaoi's everywhere around you except in the stores and on tv like it should be.

It's weird, because I know no one in my school who is in love with yaoi. I'm probably the only yaoi fangirl there. I have one friend who supports it, but we were friends years before we both even knew what yaoi was. My school has tons of anime fantics. Most don't even know what yaoi or shonen-ai is, let alone like it. Yet I still thought yaoi was popular.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:08 pm
Define Popular.  

Syntria
Crew

WyldeKaard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:33 pm
I would LOVE to see yaoi on television. It could be some bishonen-ai, but I'd love to see more titles released in the states as well!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:50 am
Miss Sushii would take several lives to see The Vampire Chronicles animated heart  

User_2629207

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:39 am
Sushii-Princess
Miss Sushii would take several lives to see The Vampire Chronicles animated heart

O_O Oh gosh, yes! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:58 am
American made yaoi!?!?! My brain will not allow me to accept it. Besides, I really don't think main stream tv is ready for a pro-gay/yaoi/slash, what ever tv show/anime. (ahhh) Anyway, the only stations that might air that would be Logo, or something like that. I don't know if I could watch it, though. I think of manga as a Japanese thing, and it kind of makes me sad to see that taken over by the rest of the world until it'll be no longer Japanese. That makes me cry.....I want Japan to keep it all to them selves!!! So what if I love Japan and I have a biased view. Oh well, thats what I think......

P.S.
heart YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI YAOI heart

xxIrrelevant Obsessionxx

xxIrrelevant Obsessionxx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:02 am
LyricalLemon
MistressPaco
Yaoi is popular in the Anime Fan Circles and J-Fan's, but are those circles even popular themselves? maybe, Maybe, 1 in 30 kids like it now a days. It seems more popular than it is because anime fan's tend to be drawn to each other, and the same for yaoi fans. So when all your friends tend to be fans (not always) you feel like Yaoi's everywhere around you except in the stores and on tv like it should be.

It's weird, because I know no one in my school who is in love with yaoi. I'm probably the only yaoi fangirl there. I have one friend who supports it, but we were friends years before we both even knew what yaoi was. My school has tons of anime fantics. Most don't even know what yaoi or shonen-ai is, let alone like it. Yet I still thought yaoi was popular.

At my school, all my friends LOVE yaoi. It's like we feed off each others obsessions. It's kind of weird, but they're awesome to hang with. My school is really too small though, so we're really the only anime fans as it is. My whole grade is only 50 people..... ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:41 pm
I dont know about you but I like some weastern yaoi. Stalion and yaoi hentai was really good. But If your not into pure smut then dont read yaoi hentai. I think there is this one yaoi that may not be weastern but you should look at it. The book is called "pleasure Dome" I think and its reather interestig because its three different stories the first two are smuttie but the other one is just cute so yeah. that is some of my things
um... Bye  

Shiechan

Vexworth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:24 pm
Sushii-Princess

*d....drool* eek

I think I forgot how to speak English noawourggh.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:39 pm
*snort* It's a sad thing, but it's not gonna happen for a long, long time. Any kind of homoerotica, whether intentional, unintentional, blatant, implied, et cetera et cetera et cetera is immediately slammed down by any kind of censorship company or overprotective parents and self-righteous protestors.

Good example of this? Spongebob Squarepants. Nickelodean show. Sponge under the sea. There's a pineapple-house involved. Thass' all you really need to know.

Now, Spongebob is a wildly popular kid's show, but his best friend Patrick and him have caused complaints among parents. Why?

To be frank, it's 'coz the two of them act pretty gay.

I remember hearing about how buisnessmen- BUISNESSMEN, suits and ties and briefcases and all, would go onto talk shows and actually discuss Spongebob's homosexuality. Now, if grown men have the time to be concerned about hints of a same-sex relationships between a sponge and a starfish, you really think there's gonna be any kinda mainstream animated BL anytime soon between two humans? Pshh. Sea creature's ain't safe, and neither are we.  

Kitsune-chi

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:58 pm
@Kitsune-chi: That reminds me of that big Teletubbie scandal a few years back. One of them had purse and that apparently made him gay. There was this huge retarded debate on the news channel on it. All I could do was laugh at the stupidity.

P.S.: Spongebob is gay for Squidward not Patrick. The businessmen need to get it right. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:53 pm
LadyNox
@Kitsune-chi: That reminds me of that big Teletubbie scandal a few years back. One of them had purse and that apparently made him gay. There was this huge retarded debate on the news channel on it. All I could do was laugh at the stupidity.

P.S.: Spongebob is gay for Squidward not Patrick. The businessmen need to get it right. rofl

Yes. Tinkie-Winkie, the purple teletubbie, who had a purse. On a show made for toddlers. Yeah.

Unfortunately, I can't see censorship allowing mainstream animated boy-love programming..

[SilentChaos]

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:55 am
*giggle*
I say we storm Anne Rice's home and make her sign with some nice juicy animation studio so we can finally see our

sexy vampire action whee heart

Ahah. Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward - Interspecies love triangle.
and the teletubbies... Ahahah. I remember that episode of will & grace, where jack had to wear the orange overalls from some prison, and will said "And I thought Tinky Winky was the only gay teletubby!"

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:53 pm
LadyNox

Oh, God, people need lives sooo bad. I don't think it helped that on top of TinkyWinky's head was an upside down triangle, which is a common symbol of homosexuality. I remember thinking it looked like a coat hanger when I was little, though.

@ Squidward/Spongebob- Lawl. :3  

Kitsune-chi

Bunniechild

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:43 pm
Spongebob pairings!?::hurls::  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items