Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Take Aways Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:13 am
alicelights
Issue
Apparently we have better quality international food than the Americans (resturants and take-away places). I speak for Indian and Thai food mostly though. Has anybody else noticed this? with other take-away foods even?

I've heard it from a fair number of my relatives who live there (uncle B, aunt R, too many cousins for comfort).

Possiable Reason
I wonder if this is because the Americans have the clear sence of American-ism. Whereas over here, it's seems part of our culture to have a peopetual identity crisis. In terms of the foreigners who could bring quality food, they loose whatever culture they had because they become 'American' instead (and adapt stuff hugely)

I am sure that made no sence, forgive me. I'm ill sad

The thing is that americans have to have this sense of Americanism because they have to make up for hundreds of years of history. Because the Red Indians dont fit in with the American way of thinking. We have our history so can be more open to other cultures and still keep our identity.
Thats just my little badly worded theory.

I like thai food and Turkish food (they use tons of yoghurt biggrin ) but I havent ever seen either as a take away. Well, theres kababs but...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:49 pm
Chinese is good as there is a takeaway restaurant at the end of my road. The best chinese is chicken fried rice. that is yum.  

Haroldinho

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces