Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
snufffies sketchbook Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snufffie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:10 pm
lol, I need help with this. DDDD:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and, some more stuff
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:44 pm
gonk crying

I HATE HIS COAT! D:
HELP IDEAS!!!!! ???!!?!?!?!?!!?!

Snufffie

Pukio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:48 pm
Right now the only suggestion I really have is that you might want to tweak the girl's forward leg. I honestly can't really tell if she's supposed to be bringing it forward or banding it back (though I suspect the former). If that's the case (that she's bringing it forward), you might want to angle the foot slightly more and add more folds in the boot itself. Even if they're made of a stiff material, the boots will fold at stress points around the ankle and the toe.

Also, be sure that the other standing foot looks like it's taking weight. A boot of that construction will also have folds at the ankle and toe when a person is standing unless they're completely and utterly new and haven't been broken in yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Ummmmm! Yes thank you! o__o!!! <3333 THANK YOU!
I've just about got all the inking done on it now. I want to change her hair some plus some other things that bother me. I'll try and fix the boots too. 8D

and...
trying to fake the KH's style... I never want to draw chain again. XD

Snufffie

h e l l o s t a r r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:59 pm
D:

So awesome. I really love the eyes on this picture!

However I have a problem with his torso. Would his torso really be that small where the chains cross? If so, his upper body must be a bit off.

Or maybe I'm just messed up. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:26 pm
Thanks. Ummm, where the chains cross at the bottom thats his sword. ... his torso does bother me though. >>>  

Snufffie

Snufffie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:18 am
User Image
User Image

over do request i'm going overborad with. :'D
I've never done a background before.
... he doesn't look very pretty... handsome? ...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:45 am
The colors are really shaping up to be quite beautiful and I really like the perspective and composition of the piece. The one thing that really stands out to me as being a little bit iffy is the shape of his skull. The back of his head seems to be too large and at a slightly odd angle in comparison with the angle his face is at. --Wow, that sounds...really coherent. *facepalm* If you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, I totally understand and can do a draw over to clarify what I mean if I'm making no sense.  

Pukio

Snufffie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:06 pm
Ummm!!! <3 Thank you!

Yeah, his head does look off. 8'D I'll try and fix that, if you dont mind I'd like to see a draw over. :O I want to see how you'd go about fixing it and stuff. 8D <3

Also his arm is bothering me. :< the front one. :/ ... not sure what to do about it. .. and the shirt around his waist... I think I need to tie one around my waist and see how it looks shadow and stuff. XD;;;

[ no more stretch ]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:54 pm
Hokai:

User Image

(1)
Okay, the skull. This is what I was talking about in terms of angle. It seems like you'd set the back of the skull way too high in comparison with the face.

(2)
Personally speaking, I'd make the front part of the arm a little 'thicker,' but you may want to just clarify what exactly that arm is doing. As the moment, I have no idea what he's doing with his hand.

(3)
In terms of the shirt, I think what you've got so far is good but it needs some darker shadows, especially where the shirt is right by his body. His torso isn't casting much of a shadow and it should be.

Other Suggestions:
In general, I'd just be mindful of adding some subtle detailing in some specific places. I imagine this piece isn't done yet, so I'd definitely suggest you make sure to put in some more small details in the grass and so forth. Also, what exactly is going on with the wings isn't particularly clear at the moment. Even though the coloring is very soft and really lovely, the money is in the little details. If the wings are wet (yes? no?), definitely keep in mind that feathers clump together and separate in weird ways. They get all stringy looking (unless you're a duck, but I don't think that the case here), so I'd definitely put a little more detail in the wings and so forth when you get to that.

I really adore the coloring style you have here though. It's really pretty!  

Pukio

Snufffie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:18 pm
Might I just say I love you! <3

User Image
Heres a quick fix of his head. ... I need to work bigger. X'D

He's a rather skiny guy so I don't want to make him to 'thick'. The arm I had going over to the other shoulder, his hand on it. :'D

This is my first real background so I don't really know what I'm doing.
The wings, are just falling apart... roting. Not wet or anything but yes I would have forgotten something like the feathers clumping together. I miss simple stuff like that. XD;; I have a lot of work to do on the wings, looking at them I've kind of lost the shape while putting color in.

Thank you so much! I feel like I should send you a 'thank you' card for being so helpful! <333

Edit:
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:18 pm
Oh man, that looks so fabulous! Much better with the correction of the skull and some more detailing put into the wings/shirt. It's gonna look really sweet in the end! :3 *dorktastic highfive*  

Pukio

Snufffie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:41 pm
Thanks so much for all your help, Pukio!!! 8D I finished the him about a week ago. I've submited it on my dA. I think I could have done more but it was a request and I should work on rl commissions. ... which I haven't been able to all this time. :<

... oh! D: ... i'm going to start over agin. ==
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:00 pm
SNUFFFIE! ICAN MAKEYOU POOPYOURPANTS!!
*flute*  

Cillian Laires

Snufffie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:29 pm
User Image

omg big space at the top I didn't crap out! 8'D
... umm, just posting for pose feedback and whatever help I can get! time to run.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff