Only alternitive styled clothing
View Results

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
So, I come to ask for your assistance in directing me to a good site that sells clothes that I may be able to afford, will wear on a normal day, and that I like [but of course].
I find myself to be into the whole bondage thing. I love chains, straps... the whole deal. But, I do not like that it tends to be mainstream. I must say though, I was at one time what most consider a poseur. [new friends at the time dragged me into what they like to call "swirly vortex of doom"] But since then I did my research and found out what being "goth" is all about. [I hate labels, but how else can I put it?]
In any case, help?

Heather  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:33 pm
Here's a store that carries products from several alternative footwear companies (including New Rock, TUK, Demonia, and Doc Martins)
Dark Shoes  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:45 pm
I promise to update the list soon, and maybe add some things of my own.
I thank everyone who has contributed to the list :3

So, I'm adding a poll.
I personaly think that all types of stores should be added to the list (I have some links to decent ones for drag queens).
But since this is a goth guild, I'll ask for opinions on the matter jsut incase I'm the only one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:07 pm
It was suggested that I come here I guess, anyways I am wondering what kinds/styles I would look good in? Check my pics at www.myspace.com/coreyfurzer and send me a PM.  

Furzball

Dapper Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:38 pm
myblazablesoul
So, I come to ask for your assistance in directing me to a good site that sells clothes that I may be able to afford, will wear on a normal day, and that I like [but of course].
I find myself to be into the whole bondage thing. I love chains, straps... the whole deal. But, I do not like that it tends to be mainstream. I must say though, I was at one time what most consider a poseur. [new friends at the time dragged me into what they like to call "swirly vortex of doom"] But since then I did my research and found out what being "goth" is all about. [I hate labels, but how else can I put it?]
In any case, help?

Heather

I believe that a lot of the cyber gear at a goth shop near my city incorperates bondage straps. However, since I tend to go more romanti-goth, I never really checked out what styles and brands are in the cyber and industrial corner of the store... perhaps look for cyber goth items? I'm sure that if you checked eBay, or rummaged through Google you could find some cool stuff!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 pm
I just felt the need to brag...

Today my favorite boots gave out. After wearing them every day for over a year and a half, it was bound to happen (especially since they have moderate-sized heels, as heels tend to be the problamatic part of boots when they get too worn out). The heel of one of the boots has started to crack and is hanging on to the boot by very little, so the damage is well beyond repair. It was a despairing incident.

However, when I got home from school, I began searching online for new boots. I don't wear leather, so that cuts out most options. After searching online with little avail I decided "What the hey... I'll look at Kohl's website.", since I'd gotten my old boots there.

Lo and behold, I found these:

User Image

They're only $12 and they just scream my style!

I've also had some experience with Mudd before, and a different pair of my boots (which I wore almost every day for two years) are over five years old, and still in good condition.  

DreamerSpirit

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:57 am
*__________________________*
Booootttssss

*cough*
One of the great things is being able to find a good pair of boots cheap.
It's like christmas XD
Soon I'm planning on getting a pair of these. *nods*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 am
IY_and_MCR
Booootttssss

*cough*
It's like christmas XD

Getting newboots on the cheap is like Christmas, only better! ^_^

As for the boots you posted, they're incredibly sexy. *drools*  

DreamerSpirit

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:50 pm
I a question to ask....

I bought a homecoming dress that is different shades of light and dark purple. I rather like it but is doesn't seem to really be my style. How could i dress it up without spending alot of money? I have a black earings, necklace and purse to go with it but what shoes look good with a floor length dress?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:42 am
Perhaps go with somthing simple. For formal functions where I've worn floor-length dresses, I usually just wear a normal pair of black high-heeled sandals.

Since the dress is floor-length, your footwear won't be all that noticable. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it! 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:39 pm
DreamerSpirit
Perhaps go with somthing simple. For formal functions where I've worn floor-length dresses, I usually just wear a normal pair of black high-heeled sandals.

Since the dress is floor-length, your footwear won't be all that noticable. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it! 3nodding

Yes, you have a point...I will only be wearing it for 4 or 5 hours so it doesn't matter that much. For some reason being all dressed up kinda creeps me out. I'm just so used to my black skirts and boots! xD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:16 pm
[-Alluring Enchantress-]
DreamerSpirit

Yes, you have a point...I will only be wearing it for 4 or 5 hours so it doesn't matter that much. For some reason being all dressed up kinda creeps me out. I'm just so used to my black skirts and boots! xD

For me dressing up has become a way of life. Sometimes I feel bad because I'll attend things such as weddings, funerals, gallery openings, and whatnot in my 'everyday' clothing, and still wind up being the most formally dressed person there.

But boots can be dressy. I'm not saying that combat boots are acceptable footwear for you to wear to, let's say, your aunt's wedding, but granny boots, or even the right pair of 'hooker boots' can look quite classy if paired with the right outfit and accessories. 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

PoisonVamp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:35 pm
IY_and_MCR
Booootttssss

*cough*
It's like christmas XD

I own a pair of these (the PVC) material. I also have a pair with flames on the side. I suggest trying them on first because the boot runs a little narrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:17 pm
just wanna add some dansih shops

www.blackno1.dk
www.punkshop.dk
www.markedforlife.dk (net shop aint up yet, but it will be someday)  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Saul DeAlessio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:08 am
This site has some of my favourite leather work. Chokers, collars, etc. But by far more ornate than the usual stuff you get in the form of bondage fashion.

http://www.goblinandcrumb.com/  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces