Reply Fantasy Books Guild
What type of magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flux_o_color

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:12 pm
I'm reading Piers Anthony right now and it's his Xanth novels........there really isn'tanyone quite like him. You just have to pick up one of his books and peek for a bit to see what I mean....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:31 am
id go w/ fire magic and elemental im obssessed w/ fire magic its so cool  

6hi6

heathen_scum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:54 am
something that is often forgotten with magic is that it has its laws and rules also
you will find in the best fantasy books that the characters have laws that they have to follow within there school of magic
David Eddings is a marvelous example. when belgarion first tries to use magic to push a stone he was sent several feet into the earth because when he pushed the stone with magic it pushed back with equal and opposite force. basically what i am saying is that magic has to obey the laws of the universe.
Robert Jordan is also really really good at it.
you can not create or destroy matter, merely rearrange it.
there is only so much power you can use before it would destroy you.

i personally would like to have the power of the will and the word because it is as powerful as your mind is and it is very logical  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:56 pm
shape shifting all the way  

Saint Rydire

Fuyuri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:11 am
Magic that is controlled with the mind. Where the character has to concentrate on what he wants to do. Or when magic appears when a certain emotion (e.g. anger, jealousy...) comes up.

I don't like it when sparks come flying out of the fingertips. It's like so fake. Wands are ok though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:29 am
I actually like the whole hands-wreathed-in-magic-fire type of thing usually, but it can be really badly done.

I'd also go with The Will and the Word. Mind power happens to be my strong point, so it'd be great for me. The shape-shifting and stuff is pretty cool as well. ^.~

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Olivia Benson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:23 am
stare ......Green Magic, healing for the Earth....and Animals, too......spells and stuff where you draw your energy from yourself and the Earth around you..... stare
My favorite Fantasy magic has always been the ability to communicate with animals, turn into them, and to call up "familiars", larger creatures (both real and imagined) to help you with things......not where you control them, but where they come to you and help you out of respect....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:56 am
Well I'm a practicing Wiccan, so I deal with magic every day. My element is Air, and it is fun to play with Night. ^^ As for book magic, I like the inherited attribute and the developmental type thing.  

Claudia de Lenfent

Olivia Benson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:41 pm
Nice to see another Pagan around......  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:04 pm
Yay! :hugs:  

Claudia de Lenfent

Olivia Benson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:15 pm
hee hee! *hugs back*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:20 pm
I get a new guild, and a new pagan friend!  

Claudia de Lenfent

Miss Randa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:47 pm
Meh. I am the same way. (ish pagan wh00t.)

But, I if I had any magic, it's probably be to just be normal, just be that average joe, or that girl who has all the friends. But thats me.

But, if I had to choose, eh. Probably earth element...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:37 pm
Hi Ran-duh! There's a guild you might like.....I'm gonna get a banner in a while........when I do, you should check it out.....  

Olivia Benson

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:12 am
|~*^.[Jay].^*~|

I am not lucky enough to be able to do magic in real life. In my religion, it's forbidden. Still, I have a few Pagan friends in real life who still celebrate solstices and equinoxes and other such cool things, and they say that magic is fun. I'll have to take their word for it, though...

|~*^.[Shadow was here].^*~|

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces