Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
They cant blame columbine on social outcast anymore Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

believe me?
  no
  yes
  poll whore
View Results

wickerseer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 pm
honestly, goths, scary kids, punks, wiccans, etc. are the scapegoats of society... the funny thing is, i acctually laugh about it now. you know, its bad credit for our "outcast" friends, yet at the same time, who cares what those folks say. If they judge you, ask if they know they're own flaws.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:59 am
Jake Thompson
hehehehehe runners, the make me laugh.
I have a little group of goths at my school 2 others than me razz
me get beat up cause of colubine,and we are jewish >_>.....nazis......
but we all came in trench coat one day and it was dark and rainy is was cool, he came into the school in one line out from the rain and just stomped through the halls to our lockers, many preps ran....heehehehe.
ALSO DID YOU KNOW TOMARROW'S 'SMACK A PREP DAY'?

SWEET THATS TODAY!  

Hunter of the Dammed

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:02 am
::cough::grammar::cough::

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:25 pm
Ahh, Columbine. The dreaded skeleton in the subculture's closet... even though the subculture had nothing to do with it.

Let's clear some things up. Arguably, the highschool clique that called itself the 'Trenchcoat Mafia' wasn't a group of goths. They were just a bunch of people who thought trench coats were cool and gave themselves the name as a joke.

The kids responsible for the shooting weren't even in the Trenchcoat Mafia. They wore the same clothes because they wanted to be like the cool kids, but the other guys basically ignored them.  

Veruniel
Crew

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:15 pm
The media is full of lies, they change up the story so people will watch. Thanks to ignorance and hatred, they have people eating out of their hands. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:35 pm
The truth is the only people who are to blame are the two guys that decided to do such an act. I think I remember something about them wearing a shirt that said "Natural Selection" and believe it was their evolutionary duty.

Even some of my friends will claim they know who should die. One person said she wanted to kill all the homeless!

Killing is never the answer. It seems like another product of our disposable society. When something isn't how you like it you just throw it away...  

ViolentShrinking

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 pm
Jake Thompson
hehehehehe runners, the make me laugh.
I have a little group of goths at my school 2 others than me razz
me get beat up cause of colubine,and we are jewish >_>.....nazis......
but we all came in trench coat one day and it was dark and rainy is was cool, he came into the school in one line out from the rain and just stomped through the halls to our lockers, many preps ran....heehehehe.
ALSO DID YOU KNOW TOMARROW'S 'SMACK A PREP DAY'?

yaaaay smack a prep day! *breaks out paddle* twisted
Just kidding, some preps are ok, otherwise you coud cll e prep punisher.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:39 pm
"They can't blame Columbine on social outcasts anymore."

Wrong. They can, and are perfectly capable of doing so. It would only be inaccurate, like it had always been. Tell me, since when has the media ever been unbiased?

2aetH

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:58 am
Raeth+exe

Wrong. They can, and are perfectly capable of doing so. It would only be inaccurate, like it had always been. Tell me, since when has the media ever been unbiased?

Very true. The media is very capable of blaming this on whatever people are willing to believe and on whatever can't be strictly disproven. And no matter how much evidence to the contrary is brought forth, people deadset in believing it was the fault of a certain group will not be shaken.

Not to mention, on some level, Columbine IS the fault of social outcasts.

The kids who committed the crimes were both outside normal social spectrums.

They may have not been goth, homosexual, Nazi, racist, Satanist, or Trench Coat Mafia (all of which they were accused of), but they were social outcasts none the less. [In context to the first post], goths aren't really social outcasts to begin with, nor are homosexuals, in most circles.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:41 am
ViolentShrinking
The truth is the only people who are to blame are the two guys that decided to do such an act. I think I remember something about them wearing a shirt that said "Natural Selection" and believe it was their evolutionary duty.

Even some of my friends will claim they know who should die. One person said she wanted to kill all the homeless!

Killing is never the answer. It seems like another product of our disposable society. When something isn't how you like it you just throw it away...

yes true, but it has happened anyways and it will contyinue on for generations to come  

Hunter of the Dammed

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:42 am
Raeth+exe

*crickets begin to chirp* rofl sorry I had to throw some comic relief  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:02 am
ya know your right  

halo647

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
Right, they weren't in the trench coat mafia. they weren't even goths.

even still, that dosen't mean people are going to stop being scared of goths.

i'm not even an outcast, i'm actually pretty popular, even though i'm goth. but every once in a while i get someone mistake my black clothes for a warning that i'm going to shoot them. it's hard to be offended by it, because they are clearly ignorant people.

That's the thing...just because we're "goth" doesn't me we are social outcasts and don't have friends. Hell I had friends...I had tons of friends that weren't labeled even "goth". The fact is it's an image that was portrayed by a few people and it stuck.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:04 am
I might be labeled as something and am a social outcast in the way that these people think of it. I might only have a few friends, but in my school, there are so few people who can barely hold a intelligent conversation about something that I'm interested I don't really care about having friends at this point in my life. Maybe next year when I go off to college I'll be more willing to make friends.

Though, a true way that people think that one thing applies to the whole stereotype, we were talking about Columbine one day in school. And when the teacher described how the people dressed, every head in the classroom turned towards me so fast I was surprised that they didn't get whiplash. Both me and the teacher were like "What?!"

Though, no matter what, because of what happened there, everyone who dresses like that will be suspected of possibly doing it again. It's just the way that society works, because one person might have done it, all the people who are like that must be like that.  

Krys_Night

MsUnknown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:08 pm
GilAskan
Raeth+exe

Very true. The media is very capable of blaming this on whatever people are willing to believe and on whatever can't be strictly disproven. And no matter how much evidence to the contrary is brought forth, people deadset in believing it was the fault of a certain group will not be shaken.

Not to mention, on some level, Columbine IS the fault of social outcasts.

The kids who committed the crimes were both outside normal social spectrums.

They may have not been goth, homosexual, Nazi, racist, Satanist, or Trench Coat Mafia (all of which they were accused of), but they were social outcasts none the less. [In context to the first post], goths aren't really social outcasts to begin with, nor are homosexuals, in most circles.

Extremely good points.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces