Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Making Friends Outside The Subculture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:34 pm
Frankly, it matters absolutely nothing whatsoever if people are goth or not for if they're 'friend material'. If it does, then in my opionion you're too pretentious to be allowed near other people.

Yeah, it's nice to have friends that you can identify with, but you're going to have to lump it if you can't find the 'right' people to hang with.

That being said, I seem to have aquired a group of fellow metal-heads at my college, but my most valued friends include one metal-head, one gamergirl and a random. Heck, my boyfriend ain't completely metal (its rubbing off though o.O), and it doesn't matter one bit to me, he's a great person which is what matters most in a relationship frankly.

If you eclude people based on what they wear the only looser is you, you loose out on the opportunity to meet great people, and loose the ability to befriend people eventually because you withdraw into yourself after a while and can't come back out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:39 am
im called a goth and emo mix and i dont dress to either part so it's easy to beleive im a 'normal' person so this allows me to have friends all over the spectrum of gay rainbow colors mrgreen  

Cactus Attack!

Haeros

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:16 am
I hang out with goth kids, and I equally hang out with those who are not. I really don't care how they dress or whether they are preppy or not, all that I look for in my friends is that they know who they are talking to and that they respect that person, such as myself. If someone respects me and I respect them, then they possibly can be a friend, whether they are a goth or not.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:20 am
Well... my best friend is a trendy, hell, we're practically brothers, you know. I made friends with rockers, punks, emo's, chavs, and even non-descripts (people that like a range of everything and dress generically). And I'm pretty much a raging metal head.

Making friends outside of the culture, is not a big deal, if other people judge your friends because it appears outwardly they don't like the culture, well then, those people are worthless, the kind of people who believe to be individual you have to look like them.  

Rellik San
Crew

necromancy14

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:29 pm
Iga_NiNjA22
well,i never hang out with any gothic kids.i just hang out with my friends,and it wouldn't make a difference if the school had no goths or not cause i'd still be hanging around my friends.

I agree. My friends are my friends...the way they dress, look, etc. doesn't make a shred of difference to me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:32 pm
feuerkrieg
i have an equal number of goth and non goth friends. that being 2 and 2. sad
Oh my gosh! Ditto! xD  

Corpse_Bride_131

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:20 am
Rellik San
the kind of people who believe to be individual you have to look like them.

and thus cutting out individuality xd
Aw, bless the little clones of "non-conformity"  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:20 pm
Most of my friends are actually non-Goth. I don't seem to make Goth friends very easily. Most Goths I know do not accept me. It bothers me a little bit. I love my non-Goth friends, but I would love to hang with more people that have more in common with me as far as tastes and music and dress.  

KoRnfucius

Serjo Sammie

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:09 pm
I'm not in school anymore but I think friends are still relevant among adults.

My friends are a mix really. My best friend is the all-male queen of the goths, I have a few not so close friends from goth clubs and nights, and one goth friend from the accounts department at work. Everybody else I consider a friend is... well, anything. Adults aren't so gung-ho about labels, most of the people I associate with act and dress however they feel comfortable.
Besides, for a real friend that sort of thing won't matter. We love our friends for who they are, not their interests or choice of subculture.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:44 am
YEA SURE AS LONG AS THEY DONT HAT GOTHS OR EMOS  

GEMOBOY1

DioRte

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:47 pm
My closest friends aren't Goths. 2 of them are sort of similar, as in they like the same music and dress similarly, but they're not really Goths. I only really have a couple Goth friends to be honest oO;  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:18 pm
I try to make friends based on the intrests i have. If i made friends based on how i dress and act around here i would have a total of 2 friends lol  

goblin_ninja

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:25 pm
I would try to make friends...Goth or not.

This is sorta related to this... My boyfriend is a wigger and my good friend is a girly girl... I get along with alot of people just my nature i suppose.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:33 pm
It wouldn't matter to me whether everyone is Goth or if no one is. I generally have a deep distrust of humanity in itself. I only allow myself to become close to those who are open minded and accept others for who they are.  

Sorinchako

Toasterladd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:44 pm
that question kinda reminds me of racism. if you think someones cool, befriends with them. my closest friends are a nerd, and four wheeler, and kid not many like.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff