Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Black Cats Crossing
What do you think about... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think this is a good way to get people's views on things?
  Yes
  No
  I don't care!
View Results

Phynyx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:43 pm
lil_qt_cat1
wow, i never thought of it that way, maybe its for us to learn faster, but can they sit still to learn?? i just confused myself >.<

well, I was wondering because I've been seeing these new medications on 'child disorders' and was wondering if it was really necessary. could it be that this is suppose to be how the humans are suppose to progress? and if so, aren't these meds slowing down the evolution? prolly we were ment to learn things faster in order to go on to the next step in evolution, then we'd be one step closer towards the aliens... and thats where the sillyness comes in wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:24 pm
I think ADD and ADHD is just a scapegoat for parents and teachers that can't control or understand why the child doesn't learn the same as all the others. They came up with drugs to slow them down...but from personal experience, they don't help you learn, they make you feel drugged. I felt nauseous all the time and my heart rate was always crazy fast, even when I wasn't doing anything, thanks to the meds. None of them helped me. I don't think I ever had ADD. I just needed to be taught by someone who understood me and my method of memorization and such. I'm sure there are some who genuinely have an attention disorder of sorts, but for the most part, its just a lack of responsibility on the part of parents and teachers....in my opinion of couse. XD (I wonder if that made any sense? lol)  

Candy Ghoul

Phynyx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:14 am
makes perfect sense, in fact it sounds alot like what my hubby says about his experience. Oh his step mom had a doc diagnosed him with ADHD.

k, what do you guys think about products like 'diet water' and 'coke plus', in my opinion they're very condradicting. and very funny, like oximorons! rofl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:39 pm
lil_qt_cat1
do you believe in hell? And why besides the fact you think its because if there is a negative, there is a positive, why does there have to be a negative and possitive? who made that rule up? Just because there is a ton here doesnt mean there is a level u are sent to that is much more then one, I dont believe in hell, i believe that is a made up scare tactic of religions. if you add a possitive to a negative eventually nothing will be there, so y cant that be god? the point, so he isnt positive or negative, hes just him, so then there isnt a possitive. so besides that, tell me if you believe in hell?

(i think saying if theres a positive theres a negative is like asking why the sky is blue and getting cuz the grass is green)

I believe in hell, but I think one goes through hell here on Earth.
Not after they die.
I think people are punished by something else, but by karma or by their own guilt.
I believe is hell because I think heaven or positive things need negative things to coexist.
Like light and dark.
If there were no such think as dark, we wouldn't know what light is because we'd be living in it all the time.
We'd have nothing to compare it to.
And heaven wouldn't be as nice if there were no hell.
Kind of like summer vacation.
If we never had school, summer vacation wouldn't be that great because we'd always be experiencing it.

Countess Erzebeth Bathory
Vice Captain

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 pm
66 Emo Candy 99
I think ADD and ADHD is just a scapegoat for parents and teachers that can't control or understand why the child doesn't learn the same as all the others. They came up with drugs to slow them down...but from personal experience, they don't help you learn, they make you feel drugged. I felt nauseous all the time and my heart rate was always crazy fast, even when I wasn't doing anything, thanks to the meds. None of them helped me. I don't think I ever had ADD. I just needed to be taught by someone who understood me and my method of memorization and such. I'm sure there are some who genuinely have an attention disorder of sorts, but for the most part, its just a lack of responsibility on the part of parents and teachers....in my opinion of couse. XD (I wonder if that made any sense? lol)

I agree.
Maybe there are such things as those disorders,
But it seems like everyone has a disorder these days.
My younger brother was diagnosed with ADD and every time his grades started slipping everyone would blame it on his ADD.
They had him on medications that would make him fall asleep all the time.
I don't know how that made it any better since he'd fall asleep in class.
My brother just isn't into his classes.
He could get great grades if he wants without having to study.
I also believe the human mind with way too complex to be sorted out into a certain disorder.
It seems like psychologists are very quick to decide that someone has ADD or any other disorder.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:53 pm
Phynyx
makes perfect sense, in fact it sounds alot like what my hubby says about his experience. Oh his step mom had a doc diagnosed him with ADHD.

k, what do you guys think about products like 'diet water' and 'coke plus', in my opinion they're very condradicting. and very funny, like oximorons! rofl

The water is weird because water is supposed to be a fat-free drink anyway.
If it has all those things in it, why don't they at least put some flavor into it?
confused
And that Coke Plus thing is hilarious.
I think they are trying to make up for all the obesity they've caused over the years.
Coke is the last thing I think about when I hear about dietary foods.

Vice Captain

Edcy
Vice Captain

Liberal Prophet

14,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:52 pm
66 Emo Candy 99
it did don't preocupais.

it's like this:

the system is flawed. there is no argument there, schools are like an industry and the produce in mass not by individual, that's why it's very hard for teachers to keep track of special students. There are very few lucky enough to get the real help they need. When a child has a disability like ADD, ADHD or certain types of autism, its because they are caused by a neurological unbalance. it is true that certain doctors make wrong diagnosis without running the proper tests but that's in the parents hands to accept, you can always get a second opinion.

the problem lies there, if the parents accept something so easily it might not be true. My bro went through 2 years of tests before my parents accepted his diagnosis.

I know that it's not the best solution to like drug your kid(because you can tell when they are drugged, it's absolutly obvious) but there are certain medicines that work better than others acording to the child or adult. If one ain't doing it for you talk to the doctor and ask him to change it.

I have not seen alternative medicine work on neurological conditions, at least on ADD/ADHD.

It is really sad to see ADD kids lose their light during school hours, but they can handle the pressure better, and concentrate longer on things. They can even manage several tasks at the same time when they are medicated, but personaly I don't think it's worth it. I think that when the child is old enough to make the conceous decition to take it or not he or she should be allowed, and that he or she learns to work and use ADD/ADHD to their advantage.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:55 pm
XRaggedyAnnX
Phynyx

The water is weird because water is supposed to be a fat-free drink anyway.
If it has all those things in it, why don't they at least put some flavor into it?
confused
And that Coke Plus thing is hilarious.
I think they are trying to make up for all the obesity they've caused over the years.
Coke is the last thing I think about when I hear about dietary foods.
I find it creepy. I no like Pepsi. Or water.  

Edcy
Vice Captain

Liberal Prophet

14,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

lil_qt_cat1
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:05 pm
i think, the more ppl look into children, the more problems they will find and then put them on pills instead of just accepting thier personalities, i mean how are we supposed to be original and different if all drs and parents want them to be the so called **normal**  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:32 pm
Frankly, I don't believe any of the disorders, it is just people's minds speeding up a little to help. Humans are pretty intelligent and thats the only reason why we really survive, all what is happening is that that trait is developing further. It's not an illness-why can't people see that?  

Phail Ninja

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:49 am
After doing some study and research on neuroscience, I do think there are mental disorders.
The brain needs to have a balance to be healthy and sometimes the human brain is unhealthy and there is something that needs to be done.
What I disagree on is that they are quick to give kids pills just because of their actions, when they are tons of things that could be triggering those actions.
A healthy diet helps with these so-called "eating disorders".
I'm pretty sure more than half of those children with ADHD have tons of glucose in their system and that might be why they are so hyper.

I don't think abnormal behavior is directly associated with illness because we're all different.
In fact, something "normal" would be something that's done by the vast majority no?
So what if the vast majority were ***** and serial killers?
Would that make those things right, and us sick?
I think anyone who seems to need help should get it, but pills as the last resort.

I also think the brain should be looked into more often.
Isn't it the most important organ in our body?
How is it possible that people get x-ray after x-ray and no brain scan to tell you if your brain is alright?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:09 am
XRaggedyAnnX
After doing some study and research on neuroscience, I do think there are mental disorders.
The brain needs to have a balance to be healthy and sometimes the human brain is unhealthy and there is something that needs to be done.
What I disagree on is that they are quick to give kids pills just because of their actions, when they are tons of things that could be triggering those actions.
A healthy diet helps with these so-called "eating disorders".
I'm pretty sure more than half of those children with ADHD have tons of glucose in their system and that might be why they are so hyper.

I don't think abnormal behavior is directly associated with illness because we're all different.
In fact, something "normal" would be something that's done by the vast majority no?
So what if the vast majority were ***** and serial killers?
Would that make those things right, and us sick?
I think anyone who seems to need help should get it, but pills as the last resort.

I also think the brain should be looked into more often.
Isn't it the most important organ in our body?
How is it possible that people get x-ray after x-ray and no brain scan to tell you if your brain is alright?
My point exactly! cool

thanks Anita.  

Edcy
Vice Captain

Liberal Prophet

14,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

SinOfCats

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:54 am
lil_qt_cat1
XRaggedyAnnX
I think gay marriage should be allowed.
Marriage is about love and since times have changed, so should the laws.
People need to be more openminded.

I have a fear of failure and rejection.
I'm very insecure and have a very low selfesteem.
I've never believed in myself either and failing at something or being rejected would make things far worse.

i share that fear, its not fun at all.

I'm not gay but I fear rejection it a constant fear I'm reminded of everyday.
As for gay marriage I support it and all that crap in the bible were god says
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. Leviticus 18.22 that makes the church discourage gays well man does not lay down with man the same way as he does a woman, but leaves the question about Transextypes but then there no longer a man. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 pm
lil_qt_cat1
Edcy
I believe in hell because I believe in punishment, and yes, balance and beautiful, beautiful Karma.

The fact is, that the church has used Hell to install fear upon humanity since...well lets just say, forever; and there is no changing that, yet. But that's not really the point of the question.

Hell is for those everything that they hate and/or fear. the whole river of forever burning lava-thing, just a symbolism--at least it is to me--and besides; I like to think that some sins are punished.

they are punished, believe me, there are many sick ppl out there and they have to paay for what they did, basicly meet thier maker . but in my opinion god/goddess would not make a hell, he whas made a place like pugatory, reliving pain they caused stuck in a world of suffering caused by themselves not caused from god, then they are reborn on earth, without going to heaven, which is very sad, because you dont have bad feelings its like a relief from all the pain and sorrow from here.

I like your answer but I still Kinda think If you are deemed evil by god you burn for eternity which isn't the that really scares me what scares me is oblivion nothingness forever. It's a very scare prospect.  

SinOfCats

Black Cats Crossing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces