Rellik Chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:51 pm
XWraith_LordX
GilAskan
Crappy Source Material -> Crappy Adaptation

The film was destined to be horrible.

.[Hellbore].
And it makes me wonder
When a guy becomes a vampire, how is it that he becomes gay?

That's just heavily pandering fanservice. Anne Rice KNOWS that the majority of her fans are (and were) geeky tween girls, and Rice also knows that the such girls think "OMFG ISSO HAWT" when vampire boys kiss.

T'was written in the book of fate...

But surely that only works if the two vampire boys are so effeminate they look like girls.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:09 pm
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
GilAskan

.[Hellbore].
And it makes me wonder

That's just heavily pandering fanservice. Anne Rice KNOWS that the majority of her fans are (and were) geeky tween girls, and Rice also knows that the such girls think "OMFG ISSO HAWT" when vampire boys kiss.

But surely that only works if the two vampire boys are so effeminate they look like girls.

Anne Rice: blurring gender lines in her literature more and more, one chapter at a time...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik Chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:20 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
GilAskan

.[Hellbore].
And it makes me wonder

Anne Rice: blurring gender lines in her literature more and more, one chapter at a time...

Anne Rice for when you so gender confused you just don't care who's pooper you stick it in.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:43 pm
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
GilAskan

.[Hellbore].
And it makes me wonder

Anne Rice for when you so gender confused you just don't care who's pooper you stick it in.

That's pretty much it.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:40 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX

That's pretty much it.

Wonder if we should e-mail all this to Anne Rice...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:33 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX

That's pretty much it.

Yeah, along with three pages of VERY constructive critisism. She probably won't give a damn, as long as she keeps on making money.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX

That's pretty much it.

Yeah, along with three pages of VERY constructive critisism. She probably won't give a damn, as long as she keeps on making money.

So much for artistic integrity.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:16 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik Chan
XWraith_LordX

That's pretty much it.

I found something.....this may be it.

"anne.rice@artscouncil.ie"

I may send this conversation, just for amusemt. I can imagine what she'd write back... rolleyes  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:00 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

That's pretty much it.

I may send this conversation, just for amusemt. I can imagine what she'd write back... rolleyes

Probably get all defensive and quit writing, after all, I don't think she's used to bad criticism.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:49 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

That's pretty much it.

Probably get all defensive and quit writing, after all, I don't think she's used to bad criticism.
Pretty much. Quit writing? She may just stop for a while, then write something later full of more angst and woe, that all has to do with the character being critised by his peers when he was 15 or something....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:23 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

Pretty much. Quit writing? She may just stop for a while, then write something later full of more angst and woe, that all has to do with the character being critised by his peers when he was 15 or something....
What? She'll write a book about columbine?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:25 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

Heheh..no. The main character will be bisexual, *of course how could he not be*, extremely delusional, have religious revalations that somehow manage to be completely out of place with the rest of the story, will suffer from an inferiority complexs and clinical deppression, and to top it of, he must go on acutally living his life. Somehow she will tie in "us critisising her + how she felt after that" into the story.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:22 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

Heheh..no. The main character will be bisexual, *of course how could he not be*, extremely delusional, have religious revalations that somehow manage to be completely out of place with the rest of the story, will suffer from an inferiority complexs and clinical deppression, and to top it of, he must go on acutally living his life. Somehow she will tie in "us critisising her + how she felt after that" into the story.
Nah, I reckon she'll probably write the premise for a really shitty movie, so everyone has to suffer through it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:43 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

Nah, I reckon she'll probably write the premise for a really shitty movie, so everyone has to suffer through it.
Oh hell...All she has to do is turn one of her books into screenplay form, because they're all the same. Just pick a random one and use that.

Imagine them all...flocking to the theatre to see the movie...the little tweens in greenday shirts pouring out their money bags and spending it all on tickets and tacky movie merchandice.... eek With the occasional 40 year old woman who wishes she was still 15.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:51 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX

Oh hell...All she has to do is turn one of her books into screenplay form, because they're all the same. Just pick a random one and use that.

Imagine them all...flocking to the theatre to see the movie...the little tweens in greenday shirts pouring out their money bags and spending it all on tickets and tacky movie merchandice.... eek With the occasional 40 year old woman who wishes she was still 15.

Hell if christians protested it, I'd join them on the grounds of it being a s**t movie that no one should see, like Basic Instinct 2 or High School Musical or the dubbed version of the Digimon movie.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff