Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did u like the ending of this book?
  Yessah!
View Results

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:39 pm
I know a lot of stuck-up rich girls. I always suspected they were werewolves.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:42 pm
Yeah, those werewolves. Always stuck-up, rich snobs, you know. Look at Jeremy and Clay. And Antonio and Nick. Hell, even Marsten. (Yes, all my examples are from Kelley Armstrong.) Oh, I know! That one guy in Fool Moon. The insane loup-garou or whatever, that goes on a rampage at every full moon. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:00 pm
I think the power must go to the head.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:56 am
Probably. From rich snob to crazy werewolf. Hmm. Which power is more heady than the other, I wonder? The influence of money or the physical power of a werewolf?

<.< I like how the conversation degenerated from the single book to generalizations about werewolves. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:46 pm
With the werewolf's physical power, you could rise up in the underworld until you had both riches and strength.

I don't think this thread will ever be the same. It'll start eating gallons of chocolate ice cream and apply for a gastric bypass, eventually dying on the operating table.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:51 pm
Hey, if any werewolf went bad, they could just turn wolf to kill people and then they wouldn't get caught by the police. They might get caught by others in the magical/mystical/whateveryouwannacallit community, but not by the police.

Yeah.... Well, that's what happens when people can't remember the main character's first name. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:59 pm
They would eventually lose their identity and turn up in some other book with a sob story.

Vivan, wasn't it? So easy to forget..  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:02 pm
So true. A super-angsty sob story. 'Cause, you know, all those werewolf gang leaders or whatever have to be angsty. For one thing, they're werewolves. And the crime lord thing on top of that? Hello angst and drama!

Yeah, Vivian. The really tame one that's more suited for a stay-at-home wife than a werewolf.  

NightIntent
Captain

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:21 pm
Like the Irish a few decades after they came to America. Angsty and cruel.

Perhaps a starving artist...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:27 pm
I found the book to be absolutely amazing, but the movie was absolutely hopeless in comparison. Too much missing plot/details. Wolves were well done though.  

Nakashima Yumi

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:37 pm
I loved the book!!! Haven't seen the movie and I don't want to. The Silver Kiss is also a very good book.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:34 am
I was a young teenager when I read it. My first book with a lot of cursing and sexual references, so it holds a special place in my heart. lol  

MinervaEvenstar

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:10 pm
I kept hearing about Blood and Chocolate being overhyped from some readers so I got the audiobook to listen to on my long drives through the week. I rather enjoyed it actually and ended up buying it soon after.

The movie was horribly done, but I must admit that I liked Aiden better in the movie than in the book.

Vivian ending up with Gabriel was one of the things that I liked in the book.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:08 pm
I already posted in this thread (see what MinervaEvenstar said) but I never read through the entire thread before. Today I did, and this made me laugh pretty hard:

Quote:
I know a lot of stuck-up rich girls. I always suspected they were werewolves.

I remembered Vivian's name. I liked how most of the characters had older names that aren't frequently used now (Vivian, Gabriel, Aiden, Rafe).

I don't think I want to see the film; I heard it was awful. sad

Everyone seems to like Bitten, so I'll look into checking it out from the library. Who's the author?

Minerva the Bookwyrm

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:00 pm
Minerva the Bookwyrm
Everyone seems to like Bitten, so I'll look into checking it out from the library. Who's the author?

Kelley Armstrong.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces