Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~The Labels Sticky~ [Under Construction] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ketchakik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:33 pm
GilAskan
Beatngufan
Dead Ed
You forgot to add cave-goths gonk

cave goths?

Just an ongoing joke, started by a picture I photoshopped.

User Image

must buy insurance...........  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:11 pm
you forgot perky goff!!

I'm a bit of a perky rivethead haha. <3

Cave Goths make me want to hide in a dark cave with a sabertooth tiger and wear mammoth tusks... on my feet~ >_>  

Paidkiller

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 am
Paidkiller
you forgot perky goff!!

Not an actual subculture or branch.

Just a term to generally describe upbeat goths who like some broad fashion choices.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:24 am
xXx kitsy xXx

so.... making my own clothes, wearing silver, wearing dark colors, liking poetry and books, using and understanding sarcasm, satire, and the lot, etc (i could go on) qualifies me as being goth?

wow... no wonder people say i'm goth....

Might have something to do with your being in a goth guild.  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:05 am
I see what he is saying. Its a feeling, you either feel you are goth or you feel you arn't. the traits just sometimes happen to fit.

I truely feel i'm goth, ever sence i saw adam ant in concert (man i feel old)  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:21 am
I don't know which to choose >_<  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

_S_P_I_K_E_B_A_N_D

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:20 pm
I'll keep my opinion on labels in check while I tell you what I best qualify as.

Industrial Goth I think suits me best.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:51 am
If someone hasn't suggested it yet i would just like to say if you want some interesting reads on goth and stuff you could read some of the Books by Voltaire (the goth singer) you can find him on myspace if you are interested.  

RyanneCalico

Konatafangrl

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:17 am
i fit under all categories I dont limit myself to one thing like some do. I do love to wear cyber falls and bio hazard clothing and go clubbing but I also like to dress romanti and casual its just mixing it up so you dont get bored hehe ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:39 pm
Thanks for adding EGLs since I am one of the many few.  

Namennayo

L Kook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:20 pm
I do have a lot of the traits mentioned the post on the first page. I guess I am more of an idustrial goth. I also have a question where did the term emo come from?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:52 pm
L Kook
I do have a lot of the traits mentioned the post on the first page. I guess I am more of an idustrial goth. I also have a question where did the term emo come from?

The genre is emotive hardcore punk rock.
As for the subculture, emo was first a word used as an insult by the hardcore punk scene to describe fans of Rites of Spring.
Then emo formed its own subculture... then (pretty much) died in the early nineties, only to be replaced by the mallcore trend.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

0kurohono0

Interesting Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:01 pm
i think that you have a preaty good understanding with what it is to be part of the gothic nature though i have to tell you that there is one type of goth you didnt name and that is more of the hidden goth and i know you may be thinking no such thing but let me explain
Hidden Goth
1. not allowed to wear any type of cloth that may look and or represent gothic nature because of parents
2. has a dark nature to them that only a few see and agnolidge (( sorry cant spell))
3. knows alot about what is is to be a goth without showing it
4. writes dark and may be considered emo songs/poetry/stories
5. there is more but im tired right now i am one of theise and if you wish to ask questions about it pm me but be wear im verry strange  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:29 am
KuroHono09
i think that you have a preaty good understanding with what it is to be part of the gothic nature though i have to tell you that there is one type of goth you didnt name and that is more of the hidden goth and i know you may be thinking no such thing but let me explain
Hidden Goth
1. not allowed to wear any type of cloth that may look and or represent gothic nature because of parents
2. has a dark nature to them that only a few see and agnolidge (( sorry cant spell))
3. knows alot about what is is to be a goth without showing it
4. writes dark and may be considered emo songs/poetry/stories
5. there is more but im tired right now i am one of theise and if you wish to ask questions about it pm me but be wear im verry strange

The list I made are actual cultures though. While there are "hidden goths" out there, it's not an actual subculture of goth or crossover culture. There's no "definitive hidden-goth fashion", there's no "hidden-goth bands or music".

Your description certainly holds true for many younger goths, it's not an actual culture; just a masking of goth or one of it's subcultures.  

GilAskan
Crew

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas