Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The School Codes Are Rediculous. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 am
I've seen some stupid stuff in my day in school, but another thing I've been subjected too.

I work in the office in my school. I do proctor work 7th hour (phone, deliver passes/mail/packages, sorting materials, anything asked of me really). I enjoy it, it's fun and something to do.

But one day, some man came into the school (I later learned out more about him). He started talking to me about how my clothes are trash and that they should not be allowed in school. About how my friends should be kicked out because we encourage drugs and violence. That we are the worst kind of trash to walk around that school. I was just wearing my black and green stich trip pants and my plain Rammstein t-shirt. I just looked at him and said, "Sir, actually, we have some of the best grades too. Or how about the fact most of us help out clean up trash for the janitors? Or how we sometimes even help teachers whenever they ask us?" Kristy, told the man to leave (head office lady), and she looked at me and asked, "How did you not get angry at him?"

OH! I was furious. I just did not want to get arrested for beating him...The thing is, that sort of stuff is said to a lot of people I know, and we don't cause trouble. We are very friendly and don't run around messing with people. All the staff loves me, and know me very well.

But it's like, just because we stick out a bit more, makes us the worser of all? It's annoying to me how this happens. I honestly have found it is a lot better to counter rude comments with stuff that is good about who is being made fun of. Beating them no longer works in this world, it's better just to convince them they are wrong and they leave it be, most of the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:27 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
...And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.

That is COMPLETELY wrong!

The American Psychological Association (I think thats the name of the organization... I'm not 100% sure...) deemed that homosexuality was not a psychological disorder over thirty years ago!

Sexuality is not somthing which one can make thier own decision about... it's not like you wake up one morning and decide "Oh! I want to be a lesbian!". It is who you are, and it is not somthing which can be altered.

If I were at your school I would be outraged by that!

Somone should really organize a petition of students and parents, and see if they can get your school to abolish that completely screwed up practice of giving homosexual/bisexual students 'special counseling'.  

DreamerSpirit

Rowan Birch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:00 am
hard call there. Waste a day fighting an inapropriate singling out; or give in to a unreasonable demand.
Me, I probably would have asked for the homework assignment, and gone to the office.
"Okay, if your'e going to be unreasonable, may I have the homework, because this is clearly going to take a while; in fact, why don't you come to the office -with- me, I want you to explain how my makeup distracts you from doing your job.'"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:49 pm
Our dress code in middle school was annoying, but we don't really have one in high school. We can wear what we want within reason, I'm even allowed to wear things my parents think I shouldn't be allowed to wear to school, like a t-shirt with Pill-Z on it that says "childproof caps have spoiled my happiness!" The only time I ever went to the principal's office wearing that shirt, I was just there to get permission to take my exams early because I was going to Girls State. She did seem very confused when I told her I was girl from our school going there, but she said nothing about my shirt.

But don't get me wrong, our school isn't 100% liberal. My drama teacher had to have a "talk" with the principal and vice principal because we had some jokes in our "Drama of Social Issues" show (one of which was in the play I wrote), but then again they said nothing about the fact that we also had a lot of jokes about drugs, and one play containing a scene at a jeg party where one girl passed out drunk (again, my play). So I think our school cracks down on sex, but not much else. Then again, maybe we should, since I think more people in out town drink and do drugs than have sex.  

Freedom Fire

Balroggie

2,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:56 pm
We can wear about whatever we want for school (as long as we're wearing something, and the clothes we wear are clean). I've never gone to school in a school uniform.

...but then again, our school system is horrible...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:03 pm
[.Mini-Bat.]
Heheh. Speaking of breaking school rules...let's not get into that...

lawl.
I haven't been written up for make-up.

I've been written up for 'encouraging suicide'.
For God's sake it was a Mushroomhead shirt.
A bloody Mushroomhead shirt, but a Mushroomhead shirt nonetheless.

My reaction "How in the bloody batling ******** is this encouraging suicide?"
"It's bloody and gothic. Gothic people encourage suicide."

If not for wanting to disprove the theory that goths are natural school shooters, I'd have done something I would've regret. But I stopped myself, swallowed my anger, and smiled in the smile that I usually give off that says "You're ********" all over my face and said "You're a funny guy" in a calm, cool, collected voice.

Yeah, being the only goth in Booker T. Washington Senior High, here in Miami, where all it is a 'gangstas' and 'wiggas', is not easy.

I feel your pain. Most of my classmates openly talk about sex and drug use during class and curse with/at our teachers, and I'm the weird one.

Too many wannabe "gangstas" in Florida.

Quote:
Oh, Yea, And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.

Well, then I'd be screwed, because I'm bisexual and don't make a big deal about coming out. If I had to go to counseling for a week, it would consist of nothing but me repeating the phrase "Go ******** yourself" to the faculty.  

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:41 pm
I was never written up for anything, and not because I didn't take risks with my makeup or wardrobe.

Either they just didn't have weirdi rules, or they didn't think it'd be very productive to try and question me.

I did get called into the office for having a phial of blood around my neck.

They said it's bad because some people faint or get sick at the sight of blood. The funny thing is is that you couldn't even tell it was blood anymore it was so dark. It looked more like ink.

I feigned agreement to their request and just remembered to wear it down my back instead of in front of my neck.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:53 pm
I've never been a dress code violation before, and thankfully my school is fairly flexible with dress code rules. However, I bopped into the main ED forum, and found a thread about a completely outrageous school policy that would make me, personally, start ripping my hair out if it was enstated at my school.

Hugging can lead to suspension *READ FIRST POST CAREFULLY*

I mean, I can see if schools don't want people swapping spit or other bodily fluids, but suspending students for hugging each other? I mean, what the bloody hell?  

EvFaerAshlynn

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:10 pm
DreamerSpirit
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
...And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.

That is COMPLETELY wrong!

The American Psychological Association (I think thats the name of the organization... I'm not 100% sure...) deemed that homosexuality was not a psychological disorder over thirty years ago!

Sexuality is not somthing which one can make thier own decision about... it's not like you wake up one morning and decide "Oh! I want to be a lesbian!". It is who you are, and it is not somthing which can be altered.

If I were at your school I would be outraged by that!

Somone should really organize a petition of students and parents, and see if they can get your school to abolish that completely screwed up practice of giving homosexual/bisexual students 'special counseling'.

Oh yea, we had a huge strike over it. one of my guy friends there is gay, and he was told to take off his rainbow belt because it was a symbol of pride. So we all (the whole school) came the next day dressed in rainbow. And I mean everything.People painted their faces, clothing bodies... everything was rainbow. It was crazy. Half the school got suspended while the other half had their parents come in and b***h to the office.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:12 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
I've never been a dress code violation before, and thankfully my school is fairly flexible with dress code rules. However, I bopped into the main ED forum, and found a thread about a completely outrageous school policy that would make me, personally, start ripping my hair out if it was enstated at my school.

I mean, I can see if schools don't want people swapping spit or other bodily fluids, but suspending students for hugging each other? I mean, what the bloody hell?

hehe, that's the same exacte damn thing in our school. My friend got a referl for hugging her friend on her birthday...sucked. It was way too stupid. I've gotten countless refirls for making out with my boyfriend.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:16 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
EvFaerAshlynn

hehe, that's the same exacte damn thing in our school. My friend got a referl for hugging her friend on her birthday...sucked. It was way too stupid. I've gotten countless refirls for making out with my boyfriend.
How do you live in such a school?! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:53 pm
My school isn't as bad as the ones I've heard in here. But if my school started the whole gay/lesbian/bisexual counseling thing, I'd totally go down there and scream at the people who have started it and demand for it to end. And my mother would be along right with me on it.
But since it looks like everybody that works at my school doesn't have a problem with it at all, it's most likely not going to start, which is good.

ZhahiraRotting

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:58 pm
Crazy. My schools never really cared about stuff like that. Except for one time when I wore a shoulderless shirt and another time when I wore a t-shirt that said "Nobody knows I'm a lesbian." Then they threatened to suspend me because it had "sexual content". LAME.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:43 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
EvFaerAshlynn

How do you live in such a school?! gonk

I honestly dont know. But to me, school has always been hell. I can't wait till colage.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:59 pm
my view for this is..fight for your right..if it isn't in the school code book then its legal  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff