Submit

Have you read any of her books?
  Yes.
  Nope.
  No but I might read it/have heard of them
View Results

LEA_morbidDesire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:03 pm
Eclipse comes out on the 7th and I've already got a reservation down for it. Uhg! I love Twilight! Stephenie Meyer is wonderful. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:15 pm
[[I LOVE THOSE BOOKS!!!
I re-read them all the time and I'm soo jelous of the people that got the Eclispes books by some mishaps with shipping, THOSE LUCKY PEOPLE! XP
]]

User Image

Adorlea

Magical Shoujo

Multicoloured Fuzz.x.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:58 am
So, here's my very, very suck-ish story.

I got New Moon for my thirteenth birthday. (I completely thought that it was the first book, so haha, I read the second book first. I was kind of confused.) But, anyways. I made a roleplay that was sort of related to the story of New Moon. But.. very different. My friend, Kendra wanted to read the book so that she could get into the roleplay. I let her, because I'm nice..

She's pretty spoiled. She's awesome and I love her, but she is spoiled enough. So, she goes to New Brunswick with her family for Christmas, and ends up buying her own copy of New Moon, and her own copy of Twilight. D; I have to wait until I get enough money to get Twilight. She ends up reading it before me.

We're both suuperrr excited for Eclipse. I did a count down in my agenda, because I'm such a nerd. 8B Rather than getting the book on the first day it comes out, I have to wait until next Thursday. She got it.. Yesterday! So, it really sucks that it was me who introduced her to vampires, because she thought they were bogus before. Now she loves them, and it's all my fault. She got Eclipse, I didn't. Bottom line. It sucks, really bad.

But just wait, I'll get the book, and I'll finish before her. Hahaha. 8D

@TheHugg
I read both of the books about.. three or four times.. 8P Your right, people who already have the book are LUCKY. D<

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:14 pm
Thought some more on the movie thing, and was reminded of when I went and saw Eragon the movie. The movie on its own was good, but when brought up against the book, sucked. If the book was popular enough to where it could become a movie, then why did they change the movie's storyline around so it had little to nothing to do with the book's? Doesn't make any sense. Good for Stephanie Meyer to stand up for her book!  

Wheafy the Squirrel

Shirunai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:21 pm
>w<

Those books are awesome.

But I haven't been able to get my hands on Eclipse D:
--Wants to read it really bad...--

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:50 pm
I'm a fan of Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books, who's first four books are about vampires. (Though I like her more recent books better.) My roommate last year thought I would really like Stephanie Meyer's books, and she was right. Another friend was borrowing New Moon and I had to constantly bug her to finish reading it so I could.

Now I've read all three books and can't wait for more. Great books.  

Masquanade

Elmihy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:58 pm
YES!!! I waited until all three came out, then read through all of them... speed style. ninja Then reread my favorite excerpts. I also made a thread for post-Eclipse... I love those books!!!
Does anyone know about a possible sequel? I'm addicted... I think...
Oh yeah... Bella doesn't give Edward everything he deserves... He spoils her... and her worry and guiltiness gets a little annoying after a while. I really don't like Jacob... All that he does is complicate everyone's life. I wish he had died at the end instead of making Bella say good-bye and stuff.
A MOVIE WOULD BE HORRIBLE!!!!!
it would be rated R and stuff... and I'd rather leave Edward to my imagination... it's much better to read about Bella and Edward making out than seeing two actors on a movie screen... Twilight is definitely a BOOK... not a movie. I WILL NOT SEE THE MOVIE EVEN IF IT DOES COME OUT!!! Imagination is necesarry for enjoyment of twilight... and I don't want some actor Edward in my imagination when I reread the books... I think Stephanie Meyer purposely does not describe Edward too much... besides that he's perfect... and I don't think that any actor could do justice to the beauty of the vampires.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I read all three of the books so far.
I agree she is a good author, but she lost her pazazz after Twilight.
New Moon was so-so, and Eclipse was downright horrible to be quite frank.
Hopefully she gets back on track for the next one.
3nodding

xXx_dark-nekofear_xXx

Sparkly Bloodsucker

8,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Kakarie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:59 pm
i've read all three,
but i still think twilight was the best.
the other ones didn't draw me in as much.

they're wonderful, though.
=]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:55 pm
I've read all of them (including Eclipse). Now, I have a load of critism (sp?) I could say, but I won't. Some of the characters just tend to get on my nerves and in the end the only one I can stand is Jacob. xd
Not a bad series though. Infact, I love them very much so. For those of you who havn't read Eclipse yet... GET YOUR HANDS ON IT ASAP! heart  

Ziporae

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150

AlwaysHiei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:51 am
I read all three so far, and I'm ecstatic for the next one.

But, I must say, I feel the first was by-far the best to me. The other two kind of... lost something in them. It was inevitable, really, because in the next two, they've been together for a while. I loved the first one's "New Love" innocence and perfect sweetness, really. It was... magical, to me. (I loved the meadow part, and when they were talking in the car-- I loved getting to know the two, really)

But I loved all of them, and the next one I'm hoping to be fantastic too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:20 pm
I read all three of them and I really can't wait to read Breaking Dawn. But Eclipse was rather disappointing to me. The actions Bella did got me very annoyed. xD. And how she liked both Jacob and Edward was really... xp But I really hope the ending will not be a Jacob and Bella one. I rather have her not end up with Edward than have her end up with Jacob.

kiwiNberry

theorie de chaos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:27 pm
Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse are love.

Stephanie Meyer = Wonderful Author.

Eclipse is my favorite.
Twilight second.
New Moon third.

Although with Eclipse I was disappointed that Bella didn't turn into a vampire.

And I don't want the movie to come out. It will suck. Look at the people that play Bella and Edward. Err.. sucky much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:53 pm
bowl `o rice

And I don't want the movie to come out. It will suck. Look at the people that play Bella and Edward. Err.. sucky much.

I agree! I'm probably not going to see the movie. Don't really want to ruin the image that I have for Edward in my mind. Lols. I saw the actor that would be playing Edward, he is just...I don't know, he really doesn't fit for Edward. And Bella- not really how I pictured her to be.

kiwiNberry

theorie de chaos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:17 pm
kiwiNberry
bowl `o rice

I agree! I'm probably not going to see the movie. Don't really want to ruin the image that I have for Edward in my mind. Lols. I saw the actor that would be playing Edward, he is just...I don't know, he really doesn't fit for Edward. And Bella- not really how I pictured her to be.

It makes me angry, because when people who didn't read the book will be like "Oh my gosh. It was the best thing ever." And when they read the book after, it's going to be like "They portrayed the characters SO well!" And it's going to be like.. er NO. I mean, the guy who is playing Edward looks so... not Edward. It doesn't even fit the description of him in the book! And well, the girl who is playing Bella looks too old and stuff for her.  
Books/Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff