Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Nuri's Q&A topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Ok next question; Florialia, and Earth Day. I know Floralia is Roman and Earth Day is modern, but one can still worship Flora (more accuratly Chloris in Greek) and Gaea these two day?

Sounds very appropriate!

You have to remember that festivals have to make sense in our modern world, not just the ancient. Two entirely different cultures, we have, yeah?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:16 pm
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Ok next question; Florialia, and Earth Day. I know Floralia is Roman and Earth Day is modern, but one can still worship Flora (more accuratly Chloris in Greek) and Gaea these two day?

Sounds very appropriate!

You have to remember that festivals have to make sense in our modern world, not just the ancient. Two entirely different cultures, we have, yeah?
Awsome, *runs off to deck out her room with flowers and spring stuff*  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm
On a reveiw read of Sponde.com, I realized how I can make a sacrifice to the gods every time my neighbers and my family have a cookout. I was reading how bones and other general inedables are thrown into the fire. I'll have to ask my dad (one of the 'grill masters') if I can throw the left over bones from out food on the grill. Hope they like chicken bones (sence my family doesn't eat beef or pork for health reasons.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:19 pm
I posted this in another of my guilds, but not here for some reason. It happened...oh gosh, a few weeks ago during a guided meditation a friend from my volunteer job used to take me to.

So, anyway, during the meditation, I like to let my mind wonder and suddenly I found myself in a forest. In my hand I had a bow, and a quiver of arrows on my back. As I looked in front of me, I could see Artemis, though specific features were undistingishable, so pretty much what I saw was a woman in the distance, but I knew who she was. Next minute, after we make eye contact, she turns and starts running off, and I follow. When she turns to see if I'm following, the vision ends, and suddenly I'm thinking about what happened to me in Chicago, between my uncle and I and I just had to incredable urge to go up to him and say "I hate you." and have done with the anger I've been harboring for almost two and a half years.

Then, as suddenly as I'd left the forest, I'm back in it. I can see Artemis in the distence waiting for me, but as I go to take a step toward her, vines start shooting out of the ground and bind me to the forest floor, and I could NOT move.

I'm think I'm supposed to get a message, but I'm not quite sure what it is. I have the feeling its along the lines of 'grow up' and/or 'get over it'.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

LavenderMintRose

Cheery Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:28 pm
I just joined the guild and I know very, very little about paganism. I'd like to learn, and to become pagan... I don't really know of any specific questions I should ask... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:33 pm
Starre257
I just joined the guild and I know very, very little about paganism. I'd like to learn, and to become pagan... I don't really know of any specific questions I should ask... sweatdrop

Your first lesson then, is to start coming up with questions.  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 am
Here's something random, I was thinking about how although Apollo is the God of the sun, he is not the sun itself, Helios is. His twin, Artemis is the Goddess of the moon, but she herself isn't the moon itself...who is?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:35 am
I have a question. *waves a hand* I'm not really looking to become a Hellenic Recon, but I figured that, this being a Q&A thread, I could ask anyway, since it's related to the thing.

I know that Zeus and Hera et al are the gods of the Greek, but before them, the Titans reigned. Or made a mess of things, whichever, hehe.

What I'm curious about is the following; Would they qualify as gods too? I figure they're not the Greek gods, what with the Greeks not worshipping them, but what does that make them, exactly?

Were they Gods before the Greeks decided that 'hey, Zeus sounds like a rad guy, let's crown him King of the gods!'?

Or are they just (well.. just.. XD; ) Titans, and that's that?

Are there people worship the Titans? Although, I don't think they'd be called Hellenic Recons if so, then..

It came up in a conversation with a friend, who had always assumed that the Titans was just the collective name for them, kind of like the Aesir and the Vanir in Norse mythology.

Any thoughts? o:  

Maze

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Maze
I have a question. *waves a hand* I'm not really looking to become a Hellenic Recon, but I figured that, this being a Q&A thread, I could ask anyway, since it's related to the thing.

I know that Zeus and Hera et al are the gods of the Greek, but before them, the Titans reigned. Or made a mess of things, whichever, hehe.

What I'm curious about is the following; Would they qualify as gods too? I figure they're not the Greek gods, what with the Greeks not worshipping them, but what does that make them, exactly?

Were they Gods before the Greeks decided that 'hey, Zeus sounds like a rad guy, let's crown him King of the gods!'?

Or are they just (well.. just.. XD; ) Titans, and that's that?

Are there people worship the Titans? Although, I don't think they'd be called Hellenic Recons if so, then..

It came up in a conversation with a friend, who had always assumed that the Titans was just the collective name for them, kind of like the Aesir and the Vanir in Norse mythology.

Any thoughts? o:

You might want to start with the Greek Creation Story. Zeus was king of the Gods before humans were created. The only Titans I know of that are mentioned in worship are Chronos, Gaia, and Promethus, but there could be more.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:40 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
You might want to start with the Greek Creation Story. Zeus was king of the Gods before humans were created. The only Titans I know of that are mentioned in worship are Chronos, Gaia, and Promethus, but there could be more.

Thanks, DDW. 3nodding I'll read that as soon as I finish this article about Albert Einsteins' brain. .. I blame Tea for that one. XD; *still hasn't found a conclusive answer to the original question that spawned the remark that led to that particular article, damnit*

Edit: *ponders* Okay, I read the webpage, but it doesn't really mention the Titans being worshipped. Some get honorable mention, though. *nods at Chronos, Gaia and Prometheus for instance*

But I see no indication that they get worshipped as Gods. Were there temples dedicated to Gaea? To Prometheus? To Chronos? I'm not an archeology buff, so I don't know. XD; They strike me like the heroes in the Greek world. Important enough to mention, but not somebody that you actively worship.

Is that right, Nuri? Do you know? o:  

Maze

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:43 am
Um, the only one I can think of off the top of my head, is that Delphi was originally an oracle of Gaea's, until Apollo killed the Python and it was rededicated to him. I THINK there was a Temple of Saturn (Chronos in Latin) in Rome. I'll have to look that up though.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:30 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Um, the only one I can think of off the top of my head, is that Delphi was originally an oracle of Gaea's, until Apollo killed the Python and it was rededicated to him. I THINK there was a Temple of Saturn (Chronos in Latin) in Rome. I'll have to look that up though.

Yep! biggrin *poked Google* The Temple of Saturn in Forum Romanerum.

I looked up some worship of Saturn, but I get thrown some real benders about the Star of David. There's also an article that..

.. I'm going to be reading for a while, I think. Thanks for reminding me to look at temples (honestly, I should have thought of that one. XD; *so clever*) but this stuff by Immanuel Velikovsky (apparently maintained by a bunch of historians) mentions a Golden Age (apparently because of or due to Saturn) and people who lived in it.

It's probably not quite what I was looking for in the first place, but the shiny information/speculation tends to distract me. XD;

Thanks, DDW!  

Maze

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:05 pm
Glad to help. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:32 pm
erm, sorry for not seeing this.

One of the best ways I know to find if someone had temples is Theoi.com, and that someones specific page. There is usually a listing.

Thanks DWW! Big help!  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:58 pm
Nuri
erm, sorry for not seeing this.

One of the best ways I know to find if someone had temples is Theoi.com, and that someones specific page. There is usually a listing.

Thanks DWW! Big help!
My favorate subject in school was Greco/Roman mythology xd  
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas