Reply Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}
Negative portrayl? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lyneun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:20 am
No one has seen The Mist? That one is recent. The Christian was played by--oh, I forgot who she was. But I don't like her acting (or her face). She deserved what was coming to her in the end, but I thought it illogical that she was the only Christian in the convenient store (where the setting is the majority of the film).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:20 pm
Never heard of it. eek  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

dragongirl42391

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:00 pm
I've got a new one, for ya.

It's a popular teen book called ttyl. Its all written in chat form (ttyl is talk to ya later) and one of the girls makes friends with a Christian teacher.
Guess what the teacher also turned out to be? A pervert. Yeah, more than a pervert.
And the whole book ended with yeah religion is crap and Christianity is a ripoff among other things.
Pretty much pissed me off. evil  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:24 am
Oh my gosh! That's pretty messed...

Whoever said "The Passion of the Christ" is blasphemous had better reply soon... I wanna read that! xd

I can't really think of much, because the media likes to stay away from religion other than the Pope... all I know is that they knock Christians for their morals 'cause we aren't... y'know... 'cool'. sweatdrop

x unobstructed pencil x

Lyneun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:40 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Never heard of it. eek

It was in theatres. wink It's a remake of an older movie, I believe, based off one of Steven King's books.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:57 am
It really bugs me how all Christians in the media ae portrayed as either worse han normal o total nuerotics emo  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:58 pm
dragongirl42391
I've got a new one, for ya.

It's a popular teen book called ttyl. Its all written in chat form (ttyl is talk to ya later) and one of the girls makes friends with a Christian teacher.
Guess what the teacher also turned out to be? A pervert. Yeah, more than a pervert.
And the whole book ended with yeah religion is crap and Christianity is a ripoff among other things.
Pretty much pissed me off. evil

Those books, in general, make me kind of sad. I mean, what happened to real books? Have we really stooped to passing off internet conversation as legit literature?

Though this makes me never want to read those books ever more.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:54 pm
In my opinion the worst portrayal of the Christian Life is when the news shows all the clips of Christians who are toting protest signs that say things like " 'X' will burn in hell!"

they give the opposite of what a Christian should be. Provided that what is on the sign is technically true, they should not be out protesting like that, they should be on their knees praying with whoever has commited those sins, and helping them to repent.

>_>;

and yeah We are the hated of society, I have yet to meet a non-Christian who admires my faith, like they would admire, for example, Buddhism.

I'm glad to be the one who is picked on, looked down upon, the beaten and the bruised. Glory be to God!  

Edge of Ether

Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces