Need painting help, a few questions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm
GamerChick16
I have already bought some grass, and i have some twigs. On a side note of all of that, and tips/how do you base models, lol.

This is just for a future refrence, any tips on painting tatoo's?
FOr basing models, I just paint the top of the base brown and then immediately afterwords put some grassy flock on it, which looks rather nice.

For tattoos, what's I'd do is get a (gel tip?) pen and draw it on them with it. What I'd use is a version of the Pilot Vision, which comes with a 0.5mm tip.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:25 pm
Thanks ^^.

Edit, a few more.

Is washing plastic's really necisary(sp)?

Is it better to put flock on before or after painting?

What's a good paint on black primer, and where to get it(Us)?

Uhg, this is one is a pain, got any idea's on how to glue off of the model, like getting a cape off of the back when pulling at it has done nothing? Or glue strippers that DON'T damage models...?  

GamerChick16

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:24 pm
GamerChick16
Thanks ^^.

Edit, a few more.

Is washing plastic's really necisary(sp)?

Is it better to put flock on before or after painting?

What's a good paint on black primer, and where to get it(Us)?

Uhg, this is one is a pain, got any idea's on how to glue off of the model, like getting a cape off of the back when pulling at it has done nothing? Or glue strippers that DON'T damage models...?

Well, I've never washed my plastic models, and they hold fine, so my guess is no.
The flock realy depends on the gamer, find what works best. I find that puting it on last is best, but you may find puting it on and painting everything better.
For primer, I use the 95 cent stuff you get at walmart. Then wash it over with a watered down black paint to give it the same shade insted of the flat black it will come out as.
That depends on what it is. Metal can be pried away lightly with a set of plyers, but be very carefull, it takes practice to do that without leaving teeth marks on the model if you want to salvage all of it. Or this will work most of the time for both, but it also takes practice not breaking anything. Slide a knife into the joint, and use it to lever off the peice.

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff