Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asians, math, and school Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YELLOW_FD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:01 am
I usually get Bs in my previous math classes. This year, I had a choice to take pre-cal or not. I didn't and proud of that decision. Also I don't take any AP.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:31 am
Jelai
t i n y. riceball_
I have the same problem too...
Its with Math and Science...
My friends maybe at a higher level than I am but it doesn't bother me to much, until my mom compares me to my friends...
That puts me down and I feel like I'll never catch up.
Well I know one thing is that I won't be able to catch up to them.
My friends have my back I think [Don't let me fall.! x]]So they'll help me out sometimes.
In my opinion as long as you graduate thats good enough. Right.? =/

*sigh*
I know, huh? =/
Why do parents assume that every kid wants to go Harvard, Yale, Oxford, etc. top universities?

Jeez doesn't even matter if the university holds a prestigious title or not.
Any good university would do.
It's your career after that counts.
*shrug*

And then there's also some of my friends that are so hardcore about it...sometimes they compare me to themselves... gonk
I know...
Any Universities is good enough for me.
Nothing to good or bad, just in between sounds good enough for me.
My parents are telling me that I have to make it to University and my Grandpa was like if you do I'm getting you a car...
Whats that going to do. T____T?
Its ganna be like a 5o 5o chance. I think. -_____-;
I don't like the way parents brains work.
Sometimes...x]

t i n y. riceball_

Newbie Noob

xXShinzoXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 am
I got D's in Honors Algebra and Honors Biology at the 6 week grading period, but i managed to make them B's at the end of the semester...Im only taking 3 honors cuz im in Spanish 1-2 instead of Honors Spanish 3-4  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:13 am
---------->

eh it doesn't bother me much. this is because im more science. although i still need math for what ever i want to be when i grow up. ughh.. just study i guess. btw some of my friends aren't as academically smart as well.

<
----------

melon7aydee

kilkutie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:22 am
User Image

Im in 9th Grade taking

Hon. Algebra 2 w/ Analylisis

xD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:55 am
Jelai

YES!
I hate Chemistry too!
>_<
I think its boring without all of the good lab experiment stuff.
and then I have to take Physcis next year...@_@;;

It's actually 2 Honors classes, because the third one I have...is a language class and all language classes in our school automatically count as Honors. >_>;;

Oh well...yeah, I guess so. At least I have some Honors classes. confused

I know huh!? >_<
My parents want me to be a nurse, but I don't want to be a nurse. I want to be a model/actress, and also work in the art & design field. But my parents don't want me to pursue my love for the arts, because they said that I won't make much money in the arts. :/ Like how a ton of actors out there, particularly in the theatre field, have a hard time finding a job and getting callbacks in auditions. So they have to work a second job. It's a hard, competitive field, I know...but I love music, song, art, dance, etc.

=/

But then they're kind of right about the money thing. Nurses make a ton of money compared to models, actors, etc.
And the chance of me becoming well-known might be slim.
>>;
I'm not good enough. I can't sing for the life of me, but I wish to sing. I wish to act, but never really had any theatre experience before. I'm kind of stuck at piano too.
[I go to an arts high school by the way].

BLEAAH.
My college and career plans have changed so much...I don't even know what to do anymore since my parents keep on not recommending this, kept on suggesting that, etc. =/

Even that time when the wind stays
Its not enough for me.
I smile one more time and give my final greeting:
I love you.

Well, I want to be in the Computer field since yeah, I love working with computers
Though, I also wished to be in the arts field since I also wanted to be a singer even though I can't sing for s**t >D

Well right now, I'm in college. I just lost a year of college, because I didn't know what I wanted to do. Now, I still don't know what I want to do! =] Already, they're bitching at me because I'm in Social Science. They think Social Science doesn't open to many doors like Sciences, but that's not true!

Oh well, our parents just want us to have a great job that give a lot of money =|

I am tired now and love hurts but
Even if that time is just a memory
I have to give my final greeting.
I love you, I love you.

Miss KP

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:00 pm
Miss KP
Jelai

YES!
I hate Chemistry too!
>_<
I think its boring without all of the good lab experiment stuff.
and then I have to take Physcis next year...@_@;;

It's actually 2 Honors classes, because the third one I have...is a language class and all language classes in our school automatically count as Honors. >_>;;

Oh well...yeah, I guess so. At least I have some Honors classes. confused

I know huh!? >_<
My parents want me to be a nurse, but I don't want to be a nurse. I want to be a model/actress, and also work in the art & design field. But my parents don't want me to pursue my love for the arts, because they said that I won't make much money in the arts. :/ Like how a ton of actors out there, particularly in the theatre field, have a hard time finding a job and getting callbacks in auditions. So they have to work a second job. It's a hard, competitive field, I know...but I love music, song, art, dance, etc.

=/

But then they're kind of right about the money thing. Nurses make a ton of money compared to models, actors, etc.
And the chance of me becoming well-known might be slim.
>>;
I'm not good enough. I can't sing for the life of me, but I wish to sing. I wish to act, but never really had any theatre experience before. I'm kind of stuck at piano too.
[I go to an arts high school by the way].

BLEAAH.
My college and career plans have changed so much...I don't even know what to do anymore since my parents keep on not recommending this, kept on suggesting that, etc. =/

Even that time when the wind stays
Its not enough for me.
I smile one more time and give my final greeting:
I love you.

Well, I want to be in the Computer field since yeah, I love working with computers
Though, I also wished to be in the arts field since I also wanted to be a singer even though I can't sing for s**t >D

Well right now, I'm in college. I just lost a year of college, because I didn't know what I wanted to do. Now, I still don't know what I want to do! =] Already, they're bitching at me because I'm in Social Science. They think Social Science doesn't open to many doors like Sciences, but that's not true!

Oh well, our parents just want us to have a great job that give a lot of money =|

I am tired now and love hurts but
Even if that time is just a memory
I have to give my final greeting.
I love you, I love you.

beah. My parents aren't very supportive of my dreams as much as they say they are. =/
pfft. be an actress/model and work as a part-time nurse? I wonder how that could work out...

[I want to model for the import scene. .____.]  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:12 pm
I'm doing pretty well in most subjects. I only have two classes that aren't honors or Pre-AP. I can't say as it's a good thing to have all these classes. They're just really hard. XP Besides...I hate the math classes anyways Everything else is fairly easy for me. My brother is a good example of the opposite though....I really hate this stereotype. XP  

Tsume Rokaro

Evinyatar

Interstellar Prophet

8,390 Points
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:42 pm
I am not the model minority stereotype. I want to be a teacher and a politican.

Right now I am in danger of failing out both my majors. I got an 85 on one of my tests and I bet my advisor was falling over in shock because I usually am a C student.

The only math I was good at was geometry because I was good at drawing pictures. I almost failed high school math and chem. I was good at kinematics though because I could see how things worked in real life.

I don't have to worry about pleasing my parents because I don't have a good relationship with them. They stayed home during my high school graduation. I told them if they want to know what I do in school they have to attend my college graduation.

My bro is quiet and smart, and he's going into engineering. Lucky. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:56 pm
Evinyatar
I am not the model minority stereotype. I want to be a teacher and a politican.

Right now I am in danger of failing out both my majors. I got an 85 on one of my tests and I bet my advisor was falling over in shock because I usually am a C student.

The only math I was good at was geometry because I was good at drawing pictures. I almost failed high school math and chem. I was good at kinematics though because I could see how things worked in real life.

I don't have to worry about pleasing my parents because I don't have a good relationship with them. They stayed home during my high school graduation. I told them if they want to know what I do in school they have to attend my college graduation.

My bro is quiet and smart, and he's going into engineering. Lucky. smile

Ironically for me, as an art major, I'm supposed to be better at geometry than algebra.

But I've been having a hard time concentrating in stupid!Geometry this whole year and have just been pretty much bullshitting my way through that class.

Same with Japanese II.
And Chemistry, sort of.
and even my own major.

^^;

Now seriously...who would really want to do a 100-page journal art assignment that's due next week!? gonk

Jelai

Evinyatar

Interstellar Prophet

8,390 Points
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:59 am
Wow, I almost majored in art. I would give you tips and all but I'm failing myself. Perhaps do a little of the journal each day until next week?

Good luck. Unfortunately I know too well how awful it is to constantly be behind and all.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 am
I just hate that stereotype! I mean, I get a 4.0 GPA, but because of that stereotype, if I go down, people make fun of me. Grr...I just wanna kick the person who made that stereotype up.  

Fetal Fetish

Skiing Panda`

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:14 am
TokyoMiko
I just hate that stereotype! I mean, I get a 4.0 GPA, but because of that stereotype, if I go down, people make fun of me. Grr...I just wanna kick the person who made that stereotype up.

Urgh I know that always happens to me. So far I've gotten straight A's the entire year and whenever I get a lower grade then one of them even if it's only 1% they will taunt me and rub it in my face. Despite I have friends who stand up for me and comfort me(even if it's not really needed) I want to whip the guy who made this stereotype  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:07 pm
Evinyatar
Wow, I almost majored in art. I would give you tips and all but I'm failing myself. Perhaps do a little of the journal each day until next week?

Good luck. Unfortunately I know too well how awful it is to constantly be behind and all.

thanks. :]

aww, no tips for laziness and procrastinations? xD;
that's most likely my main reason.
actually, I just realized that this year...
...I haven't drawn in my sketchbook AT ALL.
I meant drawings that are not assigned as homework.

@__@;;
I have huge artists' block.

*sigh*

It's already Tuesday, and I still haven't fully completed a drawing in my sketchbook...Gaia is too addicting...

Jelai

Un Petite Mont Blanc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:10 am
I'm a prouns Asian who sucks at math and such. :3 Its idiotic that Asians are supposely good at math. I prefer art. :3 I sucked at math even in kindergarden. xDIt doesn't matter. Slap those people who say all those stereotype thingys. And as for parents....ignore them. ^_^  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff