Band Vs Choir...The Never Ending War! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What side are you on?
  band all the way! we can rule with the blunt insterments
  choir! Whe so win with the high pichness of the voice~
  i'm like SOOOOOOOOOOOOO in both...Double agent man!
View Results

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:55 pm
Adelandeyo
Actually, at my school, It's the two top Choruses against each other, and then the whole vocal department in general verses the dancers.

um..yeah..same here..now that u said that...we hav 3 choruses in our school..two are kinda against each other...its really cool 'coz they get to go places like hawaii and australia biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:57 pm
Mix both.
Like Bang Camaro.  

Plasmatitron

paintboxgirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:23 pm
In my experience, if the school ensembles are at war, it's usually the directors' fault. If the band director and the choir director don't get along, you get a band vs. choir thing, or if you have two vocal music teachers that don't care for one another you gets choirs at each others' throats. I teach all the music in my district and I don't have any problems with my groups fighting. As far as money and budget, the money that one group earns is spent on them. I divide my school budget evenly between band, choir and elementary music. Yes, I could easily spend most of it on band because band music is so very much more expensive, but fair is fair. Each group gets a major trip each year. Equality is the key to peace in my program.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:20 am
nanxi
Funny, at my school, it was the Strings (violin, double bass, ect.) versus the Band (clarinet, sax, ect.).

At my school it IS Band ( wink ) against Strings ( stare ).  

Linked In

Lao-Tse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:05 pm
At my school the choir long ago put the band in its rightful place. our concert choir has 120 people in it about 1/5 of the student body. The Chamber singers are also very awesome at our school. the band has nothing to compare.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:23 am
band and choir are still at war...only its funny cuz the band got accepted for the rocky mountain music festival...but choir hasn't yet....oh the fun the joy the hahahahahahahaha...oh good times. its funny. I don't mind some choir kids but it choir and band went head to head...band would win..."oh No..your going to sing me to death...WHAM!!!" Bari sax in the face! lol  

Dojigomiru

baby_beanie13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:29 pm
i'm in band, orchestra, and choir and i know that the groups don't really like each other but it's not like an open battle or anything like that  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:39 am
Kals is questing again!
I don't think I've ever gone to a school that had BOTH a choir AND a band. It's always been one or the other.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:16 pm
in middle and high both, our biggest problem was the bloody strings!!!
always, we would come into a full auditorium, and then sit through their pop culture music, we strain through movements and return to the strings playing very easy versions of these huge dramatic pieces from movies.
Then we we are going to play our last songs, 2/3 rds of the room leaves to take people home, a few people here and there left for band

and especially in high, we happen to have satan as a choir teacher
she always has something to complain about, and giving crap to our band director
if she aint complaining, shes babying her choir kids, letting them harrasse the band kids, because you know the choir kids are so amazing, and i could never even aspire to be their underlings  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm
now its totally diffrent with our jazz band cuz we seem so mellowed out to care about the choir...and they think we're lazy  

Dojigomiru

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces