Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Mentee Activity: Draw with me [Step 2!!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:52 pm
I will be drawing a self portrait using symbolism and creature/mechanical design.
To depict vulnerability and isolation.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:13 pm
I'll draw a young boy laughing, probably from the waist up, to portray joy and innocence, but also the sad knowledge of inevitable loss of innocence.

^w^ This sounds really fun.  

PinkGhost

Skreemin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:16 pm
I can't draw but i'll capture a picture Showing struggle.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:31 am
Step 2 posted!  

Look

T o x i c` Quiddity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:46 am

Nice, I see how this works! :3

If I weren't so busy I'd jump on the bandwagon with everyone else ^^;;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:57 am
T o x i c` Quiddity: You could always try it at your own pace when you get time. smile

Though there are many people on the bandwagon right now, I don't know how many people can stick throughout the entire thing. razz Let's hope everyone stays long enough to learn something out of it.  

Look

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:48 pm
Since I think this is relevant to the design process...

Thumb 3 leads the flow away from the view, taking thier active role away some. I see why you don't want it for that purpose, but at the same time, having the flow come towards the viewer is more hopeful than hopeless. You have a much harder time grasping what is moving away from you and as it moves further, you feel more desperate. It appeals to me more in repsects to what you're trying to do.

I guess what I mean to say is that everyone will have different interpretations of the same images, and it's a good idea to share thumbnails with others and get thier interpretations instead of hiding your work until you get to the later stages when we normally ask for critique. (Yay. I feel helpful. Kind of.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:02 pm
Assuming it isn't too late to post step one:
I'll be drawing a fanart picture for Xenosaga of chaos and Maria together, ascending into the night sky.
Conveying trust, fufillment, and love.  

soupey

Snufffie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:27 pm
I'm going to draw something based on a dream I had. >> "based" because I can't really remember details! D:
A fairy in a meeting hall, (some sort of hallow.)
Still, calm... numb.

edit: 8D! I'm going to use two.
User Image User Image
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:17 pm
Naruto's comeback has affected me.. XD

Fanart piece on Sakura and Ino..

Silent admiration

I cannot draw without music so.. it does give me A LOT of inspiration..

Ino's watching over her/certain moments they may have shared before they drifted apart.

""...show you all the beauty you possess if you'd only let yourself believe..."

Adia by Sarah Mclachlan

So far this is what I've got..
User Image  

beddyteddy2

Look

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:05 am
Haliya and Snufffie: please identify the main element in your piece smile That'll help a lot when you try to work on composition and focus.

Errol McGillivray: I felt the same, but with that composition, it feels I leave too much empty space on one side or the other. So I end up choosing the other thumbnail instead.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:46 am
Agh... I'm still having problems deciding on a perspective. I want the focus to be both on the bird and the girl's torso to show their interaction (I don't have to show her whole body, just enough to let the viewer know she's on the bike).

User Image

I eventually went back to a side view after making a lot of thumbnails, because I don't want the bird to seem far away from the girl. I also decided that I wouldn't include all the trees I wanted to in the picture... the most we would see would be the trunks, and if you line them up in a row, it reminds me of jail bars. x_x;

User Image

I think this one is my favorite so far, but any comments would really be appreciated.  

Iyou

Snufffie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am
I guess the main element would be the fairy. Though I plan to have most of the lighting in the bg, away from her. I suppose I should play with the lighting and see what works best.

EDIT POST / LAZY! XD ...
User Image User Image
User Image User Image

The first one is most like what I wanted. : Streaming light is fun but not really what I remember.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:02 pm
Look
T o x i c` Quiddity: You could always try it at your own pace when you get time. smile

Though there are many people on the bandwagon right now, I don't know how many people can stick throughout the entire thing. razz Let's hope everyone stays long enough to learn something out of it.

Alright, well when I have some free time I'd love to see where this goes
>w< <33

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

T o x i c` Quiddity

Mellow Noise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm
Erm... I'm not soo prolific sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Erm... Heh heh. I tried some perspectives, but I've been kind of wanting to try a kind of... lighting for a while, so that may not change, or at least how it hits the object.

The main element... I'm still confused on what that may be in the picture, but besides the couple (of friends xd ), it's the tree/tree trunk beside them that's the element.

Aww crap this isn't a thumbnail... more like a handnail... X(  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces