Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
FF.net reviews. What would you expect? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold.
View Results

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:07 pm
[I'm not sure, are you complaining because they're too short and just praise or because they criticise?]
[Because, if it's the former, take what you can get. They didn't have to review, you should be grateful]

[And, as for criticism, just deal with it, they're only trying to help]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:39 pm
Just ignore the ones with really bad grammar. If their reviews are so hard to read, what they're saying probably doesn't matter much.

You will get people who crticize you, but if you think about it with a cool head and don't react in an angry manner, you get can actually get tons out of a review.

Harlequin Hisakata

Esmeralda Shadowkin

7,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 am
I'm generally pleased to get any kind of reviews at all. On Y!Gallery lately it seems like nobody has been commenting at all on anything in some of the clubs I'm in. (It's not just my work, other people aren't getting comments either.)

I agree that semi-literate reviews tend to reduce the value of the comments made. It would be nice if people who value writing would take the time to make sure their own writing is clean and error-free.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:16 pm
I'm normally satisfied with Reviews that I get. Most of them are the shallow "OMG I LOVE THIS STORY! UPDATE!" which I don't mind! I can't say I've gotten any really deep ones!

Though one time I gave a rather detailed one and I was mad because the author tootally bitched me out. She's like "WELL that's not HOW I WROTE THE STORY SO blah blah blah..." I mean ookay I get it! Yeesh, just giving my opinion!  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:42 pm
OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM…

LAWD, YES! ><# I get reviews all the time that I swear look like they're written by ten-year-olds. Honestly, after you type it, read it through once before posting it! It won't kill you!

…NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:38 pm
i'd expect people who review to be nice and respectful telling you what they like, offering up suggestions/ constructive critcism and not like being all rude and harsh about your fanfic, i've seen it done and had like an awsome story taken off cause someone made a big thing over a crossover between The Vampire Chronicles (Ann Rice - Interview with the Vampire) and Fullmetal Alchemist  

protecterofelements

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm
protecterofelements
i'd expect people who review to be nice and respectful telling you what they like, offering up suggestions/ constructive critcism and not like being all rude and harsh about your fanfic, i've seen it done and had like an awsome story taken off cause someone made a big thing over a crossover between The Vampire Chronicles (Ann Rice - Interview with the Vampire) and Fullmetal Alchemist

Everything will be okay in the end.

Anne Rice prohibited people from writing fan fiction for her work. If you do her lawyer orders a cease and desist.

If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:25 pm
I used to Write fanfiction. I no longer do, but during the time I did, the reveiw's were short, had bad grammar, and didnt say much besides the clasic "OMG SO Awsome. write more now" Often mispelle and soemetimes fully capitalized. I didnt really like these reveiws because of the time and energy I put into my fics. I felt that they should at least point out a part they liked. So in a way that kind of shaped how I myself Reveiw. I make it my goal To point out everything I liked, and often tell why I liked it. Thus making my Reveiw a few paragraphs long, but it makes me happy when the author replys and thanks me for my lengthy reveiw. *shrugs* well Im rambling now.So anyway yea, if i ever were to write Fanfiction again, Id like it if the reveiwer said one thing that they liked. THough I should be happy that they reviewed at all, but still......Ok rambling again. Sorry sweatdrop .  

Yami-Ranpu

smileontheedge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:27 am
I know how the OP feels. Lately, I've been getting reviews where they fuss because of all mistakes that I have. I use to love writing but now I'm getting terrified to even post because of reviews like those because some are meanier then others. I remember back in the day where people actually cared and gave suggestion and they wouldn't mind if you were a terrible speller or one with grammar like myself. Now, everyone points out every mistake and it makes me feel bad. I write because I want to you know. It makes me feel good.

It use to be just in certain fandoms but lately the whole grammar police are taking over and they're making writing less enjoyable.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff